27th November 2011, 03:34 PM
arpanz

Am I eligible for Merchant Navy being a candidate having completed B.Tech in ME with an age of 24 years?

i m 24 years old and i have completed my b.Tech (ME). m i eligible for merchant navy

27th November 2011, 05:21 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Merchant Navy being a candidate having completed B.Tech in ME with an age of 24 years?

yes you can go for merchant navy but being a Mechanical engineer why you want to join merchant navy.......better option in same field is why dont you try for indian navy...........think on it..........and make decision.....

Always Indian NAVY is for technical people and give respectful post than Merchant navy.For merchant navy we need just 12th class and Indian NAVY need gaduation this make difference and also pay scale also high for Indian NAVY.

To become a merchant navy officer, one needs to be atleast 10+2 or a diploma holder...but you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board...............so if you want to go for MERCHANT navy you can.........

There will be 2 year course for Diploma Holders and successful completion you will be join merchant in either of departments
  • Deck
  • Engine
  • Catering

Age limit is depends on the basic qualification based on that you want to join merchant navy..
  • A candidates should be less than 20 years of age on the commencement of the course and should have minimum 60% of marks in P.C.M. at 10+2 level
  • or 55% marks in the B. Sc. and should be below 22 years of age
  • or should have passed BE/B.Tech. from a college recognized by AICTE and is below 24 years of age.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?