26th September 2015, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join merchant navy after graduation if I am 28 years age old?

Am I eligible to join merchant navy after graduation if I am 28 years age old? What is the minimum criteria they will look for? Can you please guide me to get the job in merchant navy? I am really looking forward for the same. Hope that you will answer me soon!

26th September 2015, 10:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy after graduation if I am 28 years age old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to join merchant navy after graduation if I am 28 years age old? What is the minimum criteria they will look for? Can you please guide me to get the job in merchant navy? I am really looking forward for the same. Hope that you will answer me soon!
No, you are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Physical criteria:-

• Eye Sight = 6/6
• Height = 167 cms
• Weight = 50 Kg
• Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
27th September 2015, 07:30 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy after graduation if I am 28 years age old?

I am sorry to say you’re not eligible for Navy Force because of your Age.

Actually graduations are eligible for Navy through the CDS exam.

To entering in to the Navy Force you must have following eligibility Criteria.
About The CDS:

CDS Means Combined Defence Service. This CDS Examination is conducting by The Union Public Service Commission Two Times in a Every Year .For This Examination All Males and Females are Eligible and Should be Unmarried Indians Only Eligible for This CDS Exam. This Exam Is Help for The Join in Indian Army,Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. So for This CDS Examination Should be Done The Any Graduation from The Any Discipline University and age Details are as Under.
For The Indian Air Force:-19-23 Years.
For The Indian Navy:19-22 Years.

Selection Process ;

Written Exam
SSB Interview
Medical test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?