26th April 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET SET exam after completing graduation in correspondence mode?

the one who competed his/her Graduation in correspondence mode,is he/ she is eligible for Net set Exam...?
plz reply...

Related Questions:
  1. Can I be eligible for NET, SET exam after completing BSc computer science in regular and MSc software technology in correspondence
  2. Am i eligible to appear for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry in correspondence mode?
  3. Is it possible to apply for graduation course after completion of 12th commerce after 10 years?
  4. Am I eligible to write NET or SET exam after getting 54.72% in graduation and 53% in graduation?
  5. Can I do graduation in correspondence mode? What is the procedure followed for the same?
  6. Am I eligible to do graduation at the age of 32 years? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible for lecturer post if I have done Post graduation through correspondence mode?
  8. Am I eligible to become lecturer if I have completed my post graduation course through correspondence mode?
  9. Am I eligible for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry course through correspondence?
  10. Can I be eligible for NET SET after completing PG in MBA finance with 57% marks
  11. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MSc in Distance Mode with 65%? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. If I pass MLIS in Distance Education mode with more than 55% then am I eligible to sit for NET or SET exam for Librarian Post? Maximum age limit for appear for NET or SET exam?
  13. Whether i am Eligible for NET SET?
  14. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in regular mode if I have completed post graduation in IT through correspondence?
  15. Am I eligible for Ph.D after completing graduation and post graduation through correspondence?
  16. Am i eligible for SET or NET exam after completing M.Com this year?
  17. Will I be eligible for lecturer job if I have done post graduation via correspondence mode?
  18. Is it possible to study BL course as part time course? Where in Tamilnadu can I do it?
5th May 2012, 08:25 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET SET exam after completing graduation in correspondence mode?

No, you are not eligible for NET/SET exam after completing graduation. UGC is the recognized authority which conducts NET/SET exams. In order to attend NET/SET exam you should complete post graduation. You should also get 55% marks in PG level to attend any of these exams. You can attend this exam even while in the final year of PG. You can apply for lecturer positions in government colleges only if you obtain a good score in this exam.
6th June 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET SET exam after completing graduation in correspondence mode?

after mca can i apply for net set exams and in which subjects can i apply
7th June 2012, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

I've completed graduation in chemistry. Wen i can give NET/SET exams?
7th June 2012, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

I've completed graduation in chemistry. Wen i can give NET/SET exams?
7th June 2012, 09:32 PM
lakshmi dhana

Sorry, you are not eligible for NET/SET exam after completing graduation. UGC is the recognized authority which conducts NET/SET exams.You can attend this exam even while in the final year of PG. You can apply for lecturer posts in government colleges only if you obtain a good score in this exam.
8th June 2012, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
i am completing graduation in Electronics & Tel-Communication Engg with 56.73 Percentage,i am eligible for NET SET exam? & How can apply them?
22nd June 2012, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

i have complete BA can do it NET/SET
20th July 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

I am in MCA Final Year. can i eligible for exam?
25th July 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

I am finished my B.Sc (Physics),MLM,MHRM,MBA,PGDPMIR i am Eligible for NET/SET Exam other wise how to apply this Exam
25th July 2012, 06:45 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the one who competed his/her Graduation in correspondence mode,is he/ she is eligible for Net set Exam...?
plz reply...
You are only eligible for the NET entrance exam once you complete the post graduate degree. It does not matter whether you complete the post graduation degree via regular or correspondence mode. As long as your degree is recognised by the University Grant Comission there would be no issue. For example if you degree is approved by the Distance Education Council then you can appear for the UGC-NET exam.

Here are the required criteria to appear in UGC-NET exam.

~~ Must be Indian Citizen.

~~ You should have post graduate degree in any stream.

~~ General category candidate should secure at least 55 percent in Post graduate course.

~~ Reserve category candidates must have 50 percent in post graduate course.

~~ Only appear in exam for the subject in which you completed post graduate course.

~~ The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is 28 years.

~~ There is no upper age criteria for lecturer job.

~~ National Eligibility Test can be given while appearing in the final year of PG course. However degree should be submitted within 2 years. You should also meet the percentage criteria to get job.

~~ NET exam would only make you eligible for the colleges managed by Central government. For job in state government colleges you need to appear in SET.

~~ Each state has its own SET exam where most of the requirements are same as mentined above.

PATTERN FOR NET EXAM

Paper 1 - First paper is of 100 marks. There are 60 questions out of which you have to attemp 50 questions. The duration of exam is 1¼ Hours. This paper is of general nature and would test your reasoning ability.

Paper 2 - Second paper has 50 questions all of which are compulsary. This paper carry 100 marks. It would be on the subject the candidate will choose. The duration is 1¼ Hours.

Paper 3 - Third paper contains 75 objective type questions of 150 marks. Each question is compulsary and you will get 2½ Hours to complete it. Questions would be related to the subject selected by the candidate.

Each candidate is required to score minimum marks set for each paper separately to pass the NET Exam.

General Candidate - Paper 1 (40 marks), Paper 2 (40 marks), Paper 3 (75 marks).

OBC - Paper 1 (35 marks), Paper 2 (35 marks), Paper 3 (67.5 rounded off to 68).

SC/ST/PH/ - Paper 1 (35 marks), Paper 2 (35 marks), Paper 3 (60 marks).
25th July 2012, 07:07 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

why are you thinking like that friend i tell you its doesn't matter your graduate degree are regular or coresspondece so,forgetted
but you have completed your postgraduate
and some requirment
as like
you must be indian
25th July 2012, 08:22 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hii....!!!

-->eligibility criteria:-

*you should be indian.

*you should have done degree from recognised university.

*%age for general is 55%.

*%age for SC/ST is 50%

all the best....go ahead!!
25th July 2012, 09:39 PM
sahiljain12

Smile Re: Am I eligible for NET SET exam after completing graduation in correspondence mode?

sorry friend you are not eligible for it because it needs the minimum eligibilty of pg from recognised university my friend.
25th July 2012, 09:41 PM
sahiljain12

Smile Re: Am I eligible for NET SET exam after completing graduation in correspondence mode?

hi dear ,
you can apply my friend.it need only pg from recognised university .it doesnt matter whether it is regular or correspondence .so all the best and go for it
25th July 2012, 09:42 PM
sahiljain12

hi dear,
you can give after completing your pg my friend and it should be from recognised university.so all the best tc
25th July 2012, 09:44 PM
sahiljain12

hi dear,
no you are not eligible for it my friend.you can give after completing your pg my friend and it should be from recognised university.so all the best tc
15th December 2012, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my m.sc. with 40% . can i eligible for set exam.
18th September 2013, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

ME./M-TECH IN ELECTRONICS AND TELE COMM. CAN ELIGIBLE FOR NET. ALSO FOR WHICH SUBJECT ELIGIBLE
5th April 2016, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for set exam after completing my pg in correspondence mode
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?