18th April 2018, 10:58 AM
Deeksha shastri

Am I eligible to study MSc if having backlog in BSc 3rd semester?

Dear Sir, I want to study MSc in this year. But unfortunately I have got one backlog in 3rd semester of BSc which is not clear yet. So, I can still be eligible to study MSc or not? Kindly let me know about this immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to attend Aricent On-Campus Interview if having a backlog in B.Tech?
  2. Can I go for 3rd semester admission without clearing backlog?
  3. Am I eligible to get internship in Wipro if I have a backlog in 3rd semester?
  4. Am I eligible to attend Mahindra Satyam On-Campus Interview having a backlog in 3rd semester of B.Tech(EEE)?
  5. Am I eligible to get a seat for M.Sc in Delhi University if I have a backlog in my B.Sc 2nd semester?
  6. Am I eligible to write 5th semester external exams if I have 6 backlogs?
  7. Is it difficult to get job if having Backlog in B.Tech?
  8. Can I apply for Microsoft after having One year backlog in my BCA degree?
  9. Is there any problem to get Student Visa for studying Abroad while having a backlog in B.Tech?
  10. Possibility to study BTech for a candidate who has completed Diploma with a backlog around 4 years ago?
  11. Am I eligible to attend HCL On-Campus Drive after clearing the 1st semester backlog?
  12. Can I apply for companies after clearing the backlog of 1st sem in 3rd sem? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am i eligible for HCL if I have a backlog in 3rd semester with 65% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech?
  14. Eligibility to attend an interview in Infosys for BTech final semester student who had a backlog? -- [New]
  15. Is there any problem at the time of joining if selected in TCS without mentioning backlog?
  16. Can I write 3rd semester backlog in 6th semester? When is the right time?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for Capgemini if having backlog in B.E.(IT) 6th semester?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for Internship in SAIL if having backlog in B.Tech 4th semester?
24th April 2018, 07:35 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MSc if having backlog in BSc 3rd semester?

M.Sc (Master of Science) is a post graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 2 years.

The basic eligibility required is graduation/ bachelors level degree or its equivalent education in any related stream from any recognised university.

Since you have not passed in B.Sc you are not eligible for studying M.Sc.
Firstly you need to clear all your backlogs in B.Sc then only you can go for higher education.
25th April 2018, 10:37 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to study M.Sc. course, if you have one uncleared backlog in B.Sc. course. To be eligible to pursue M.Sc. course, you should have passed B.Sc. course or any other relevant stream from a Government recognised university. Admissions in M.Sc. course are done through merit basis of Bachelor's degree examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university. So, you have to appear in supplementary examinations and qualify the backlog subject to be eligible to get admission pursuing M SC. course.
27th January 2020, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

sir , i got one backlog in bsc 2nd year ,major subject geology. and it cleared it in one attempt and cleared my whole bsc in 4 yrs ..wiith 65%. will i get visa for further msc geology?
3rd November 2022, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

I have completed bsc but unfortunately I had one backlog in 5th Sem but I need to do my higher education wt can I do and in 3 months I will clear my one backlog also but this is the time to do a double degree or else I need to wait for a year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?