2nd August 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Is AMIE student eligible to attend IAS exam?

Is AMIE is eligible for attend the IAS exam...Pleaes tell me if I am eligible if i have done my amie degree?

3rd August 2011, 09:30 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is AMIE student eligible to attend IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is AMIE is eligible for attend the IAS exam...Pleaes tell me if I am eligible if i have done my amie degree?
Yes, Definitely You are Eligible for IAS Examination After AMIE Course !!

And In UPSC Civil Services examination Notification It was clearly Mentioned that Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination.

So, Please dont worry Because After Passing AMIE Degree you are eligible for UPSC Civil Services examination. And to apply for this examination, you must have fulfill the given Eligiblity criteria -

>> You must Be Graduate In any Discipline from a recognised University.
>> Your age should between 21 to 30 years
>> Final year graduate candidates are also eligible.
>> And Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications are also apply for Civil services examination.

So, If you are Interested then please apply for UPSC Civil services examination Next Year, the Notification are Published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website in the month of February.

Eligible candidates Fill the application form Online By visit the UPSC website.

The examination are divide into 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination, Firstly You have to crack the Preliminary examination, Only then you are eligible for Main examination and If you need more Information, Then please check the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
3rd August 2011, 09:39 AM
prashant.jha39
Member+

yes AMIE students are eligible for the IAS exam.

the eligibilty criteria is the student should be graduate and the certificates should be availble by the month of august.

I am sorry to say that IAS exam for 2011 is already over , so you need to prepare for the exam in 2012. ALL THE BEST
3rd August 2011, 11:03 AM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Is AMIE student eligible to attend IAS exam?

Hi friend,

An AMIE degree is an alternative degree for engineering degree. And when searched about your query i found that AMIE is recognized as equivalent to an engineering degree by AICTE, UPSC, SSC, Central Government Departments and state governments etc. and AMIE degree holder can write examinations like civil services, Indian engineering services, GATE, GRE, etc.

So your education qualification won't be a hurdle for your eligibility in UPSC exam.
3rd August 2011, 11:27 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
Yes, AMIE student eligible for apply IAS exam

criteria for IAS:-

*Candidate pass graduation
*Must be an Indian
*Age- 21 to 30 years
5 year relaxation for SC/ST candidate
3 year relaxation for OBC candidate

what subject you done AMIE on that subject you
appear IAS exam............
3rd August 2011, 12:20 PM
rana2011
Banned

Yes, You are Eligible for IAS Examination After AMIE Course.

Eligiblity criteria for IAS: -

**You must Be Graduate In any Discipline from a recognised University [andFinal year graduate candidates And Candidates who possessing professional and technical qualifications are also apply for Civil services examination].

**Your age should between 21 to 30 years

So, If you are Interested then please apply for UPSC Civil services examination Next Year, the Notification are Published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website in the month of February.
Eligible candidates Fill the application form Online By visit the UPSC website.

The examination are divide into 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination, Firstly You have to crack the Preliminary examination,afterthat you will eligible for Main examination .
For more Information, please check the UPSC Official website -
http://upsc.gov.in

Best of luck!
7th January 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes u are eligible in to attend IAS exam after completing section A.
22nd November 2013, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

can amie student apply for MPSC?
30th July 2014, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed Section - A of AMIE and have even passed in a couple of subjects in Section - B even. I want to get acquainted weather I am eligible for applying any graduate related government jobs.
Pls take some pain in replying me.
21st May 2015, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

sir I have completed Section -A .I Will appear final 3 papers at the month of June and the result will declared in September so can I appeared for IAS exam in this year. if qualify the prelims exam, can I appear for mains exam?
26th September 2017, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Is Amie applicable for IAS ,ies ,pcs, SSC, railway etc?
What is the situation of case was pending in court if admission was taken before or after july2013 ? Please tell me in details. I passed my diploma in ECE but I want to change my branch in Amie , is it possible and valid legally for a service?
25th November 2017, 08:53 AM
nishanth60

#Yes,you are definitely eligible to apply for IAS examination.
#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IAS examination conducted by UPSC every year is Graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university.
#Age limit to apply for IAS examination is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are 3 years for OBC candidates & for 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
#And the number of attempts are 4 for General category candidates and 7 for OBC candidates & no such restrictions for SC/ST candidates.
#And the selection process of IAS exam is preliminary exam,main examination,personal interview and medical test.
#For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in
19th April 2018, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want know that I am a amie student and I have passed section a then am I eligible for apply uppcs exam
And I'm also amie appearing student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?