10th May 2011, 01:11 AM
BleedItOut

B.Sc or B.Tech: Better choice for IT job for 20 year old pursuing BA through correspondence?

Hi i am 20 years old, Doing my B.A 2nd year through correspondence course while working. I have completed my 12th. Will finish my B.A in the year 2012.(june). I will be 21 in 2012.I did my 12th on Physics, Chemistry, Math and Computers.

I am thinking about doing a B.Sc or B.Tech so that i will get better job opportunities. I have the opportunity to join B.Sc 1st year this june(2011).Now problem is

1.When do the academic year usually start for B.sc .Does academic year start in July or august?

2. What is the difference between B.sc and B.tech when it comes to getting a job in IT? Is it possible for a 20 year old to join B.Sc 1 st year?

3. What is the min cut off marks(12th) to join B.sc?

4. Is it possible for me to "learn" skills which are being taught in B.sc or B.tech through courses by institutions like NIIT? do these courses have any value in the job market without a proper degree?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after BSc IT? I am pursuing last year BSc IT
  2. B.Sc or B.Tech: Better choice for IT job for 20 year old pursuing BA through correspondence?
  3. Is it a good choice to do correspondence course from SMU after doing BSc in Computer Science?
  4. Best universities offering B.Tech/B.E? Can we do correspondence B.Tech from BITS Pilani?
  5. Can I do BSc IT(Correspondence)? Is it beneficial to do after passing 12th and while pursuing C.A?
  6. What are the jobs available for BSc IT and MCA correspondence candidates
  7. Is there any scope in pursuing BSc Aviation in India? What are the job prospects?
  8. Is it possible to do M.Tech in Mathematics after doing B.Tech in Electronics and Communications? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What should I do to get Job being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Sc in IT?
  10. How can I get a job in IT field after pursuing MCA final year correspondence course?
  11. Can I apply for government job after pursuing B.Tech in CSE?
  12. Can I do CS Training without resigning my Job being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Com and doing Job? Is this possible to do CS course for the candidates with weak financial background?
  13. Which Jobs are correct choice for me being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course in ECE stream?
  14. Should I do MBA or M.Com for teaching? Is correspondence degree a hindrance to get a job of lecturer?
  15. Which is the best choice between joining in a job and B.Tech course after the completion of Diploma in AEIE?
  16. How to do final year BSc correspondence? -- [New]
  17. Which is better among B.Sc and B.Tech keeping future job prospective in mind?
  18. How to go for higher studies after pursuing B.Tech CSE final year
10th May 2011, 10:58 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc or B.Tech: Better choice for IT job for 20 year old pursuing BA through correspondence?

B.Sc is a graduation course of 3 years where as B.Tech is a graduation course of 4 years.

As per the job opportunities, B.Tech is several times a good choice than B.Sc.

The admission to join B.Tech is by entrance test for which you need to secure a minimum of 50% in your 10+2.

For B.Sc, one get the direct admission.

NIIT courses having good value. But without having minimum graduation degree, only with these courses its difficult to get on.

So, I would suggest you to go for B.Tech and take the studies seriously.
10th May 2011, 11:33 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc or B.Tech: Better choice for IT job for 20 year old pursuing BA through correspondence?

yes you may take admission in B.Sc or B.Tech whatever you wish. B.Sc is a three years duration course whereas B.Tech is a four year duration course. B.Sc is a general course whereas B.Tech is an engineering course. so obviously you will get more job opportunity if you go for B.Tech.

specially in IT field there is a lots of demands of IT engineer. so if you are interested to work in IT field then you should take admission in B.Tech with either computer science or with information technology stream.

after NIIT course you may get job with your B.A graduation degree but the job will be very small. you will not get enough exposes. you will not be able to serve in IT industry you will get job in banking field on in any other field where a little computer knowledge is required.

to join in most of the leading IT company minimum of 60% marks is required throughout. i think you have this much marks in 10th and 12th. after taking admission in B.Tech read attentive you will easily secure more than 60% marks in B.Tech. to secure good marks in B.Tech is not so much difficult.

for both B.Sc and B.Tech generally the academic year start from July or August. so you may start your further study after two months.

best of luck.
10th May 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Ok, Well here is the thing. I have got ~70%(in the subjects PCMC) in my 12th and ~90% in my 10th. So i am eligible for bsc this year.

If i join Bsc this year, Will i be able to join B.Tech 2nd YEAR after completing my B.Sc 1st year through some sort of a entrance exam. Because i do not want to waste another year. Please help me and advise me. Thank you for all your kind and encouraging replies.
10th May 2011, 12:25 PM
BleedItOut

Hello again, people.

Thank you for replying to my question.

I have not applied for any entrance exam for B.Tech this year..So joining B.Tech this year itself is not possible for me.

Ok, If i join B.Sc 1st year this year, Will i be able to join B.Tech second year after completing my B.sc 1st year in 2012? I really do not want to waste another year. Please advise and thank you for all your kind replies. Much appreciated.
26th June 2014, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi frnds...
I am doing my B.tech IT (2nd year)...
Now can I join B.A in correspondence as like doing a dual degree....
It is possible r not....
Pls Guide me....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?