30th May 2017, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Which is better option BCA or B.Sc to pursue MCA in future?

I have passed 12th with maths and I want to do mca. So for mca what is better option for me doing bca or bsc with computer? Please, guide me.

31st May 2017, 10:09 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better option BCA or B.Sc to pursue MCA in future?

B.Sc candidates are also eligible to study MCA, but If you have choose BCA in your graduation that will give you more knowledge about computers and that will help you to get the jobs in IT sectors easily. If you have studied BCA that will teach you all the basics and doing MCA will make a professional and crack the interviews easily. So choosing BCA in graduation is better for doing MCA.

Full details about MCA are mentioned below.
MCA (Masters in Computer Application) is a post graduate course of 3 years. In MCA it deals with the skill development in computer using various technologies, conceptual framework, development of application softwares.
The eligibility for doing MCA is the candidate should complete their graduation in Science/ Commerce/ Arts/ Engineering from any recognised universities. The candidate should maths as their main subject in 12th class.
31st May 2017, 11:40 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Obviously if you are interested to pursue MCA in your future then I would recommend to you that you must to pursue BCA after passing your 12th standard. As you have passed your 12th standard with maths so you are definitely eligible to pursue BCA. If you are interested in BSC then also you can pursue MCA in future but that would somewhat difficult for you so it is better to pursue BCA at your graduation level so that you cannot find any kind of difficulty to persue MCA in your future.
31st May 2017, 12:14 PM
LiyaSharan

Smile Re: Which is better option BCA or B.Sc to pursue MCA in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed 12th with maths and I want to do mca. So for mca what is better option for me doing bca or bsc with computer? Please, guide me.
Both BCA and B.Sc degrees makes you eligible to join for MCA. Still BCA will give you more backup for your MCA degree. It will give you more exposure in the field also. Leading institutes in the field of BCA and MCA are Galgotias university, Christ university, Lovely Professional University, MCC etc.
31st May 2017, 01:37 PM
mrghost
Member+

> According to me BCA is a much more better option to pursue MCA because BCA is Computer Based subject and BCA has better scope.

> BCA is professional course and after BCA you can apply for MCA which is much more demanding degree.

> After MCA there are a number of job opportunities available in corporate sector.
31st May 2017, 06:22 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

According to me BCA will be a better choice as compared to B.Sc Computer Science because you will become well aware of all the topics which you have to pursue in master degree.

And the syllabus for MCA is based on the pattern of BCA.

If you want to pursue B.Sc in Computer science it is also a good option as syllabus is more than the pattern of BCA and will be able to secure more knowledge.
31st May 2017, 07:07 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge you should opt BCA if you want to pursue MCA. B.Sc is also good but if you have made up your mind for MCA then you need basic knowledge also which is possible only after pursuing BCA.
31st May 2017, 07:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc Computer Science will be a better choice as in this you have to deal with more topics and computer languages as compared to BCA.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application and it is two year duration course.

After B.Sc in Computer Science it will become easy for you to deal with syllabus of master in computer application course.
31st May 2017, 07:40 PM
ranu shahi

According to me, BCA is better option for you in undergraduate level if you want to pursue MCA in future.

If you will pursue MCA after completing BCA then you will get very good job in future.
31st May 2017, 08:02 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

In order to choose the best option between B.Sc and BCA course, you are required to first analyse yourself about your strengths, weaknesses and the skills that you have. Each B.Sc and BCA course has their own scope in India after completion of it's studies.

But as far as my best knowledge is concerned, BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) course is the best stream in order to pursue MCA (Master of Computer Application) course.

In general, after completion of B.Sc course the recommended course would be M.Sc (Master of Science) and the best course in order to pursue MCA course is BCA in Graduation. So, I would suggest you to go with BCA rather than B.Sc course in order to pursue MCA course. After successful completion of MCA, you may find employment opportunities in MNC companies.
31st May 2017, 08:30 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

MCA refers to Master of Computer Application and same is a master degree course of two years with very good scope in software world in this digitally emerging world.

Now as far as you are concerned about selection of degree course among B.Sc and BCA in order to pursue MCA degree course in future then in my advise it would be better to go for the option of BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) as it is associated with MCA degree course and would help you do well in MCA degree course as compared to a B.Sc holder candidate.

Also for pursuing MCA from best colleges you must qualify entrance examinations like NIMCET, TANCET, etc. .
31st May 2017, 08:38 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Its not that BCA is a good choice and B.Sc Computers is not a good choice or vice versa. You can join the course as per your interest between these courses because you are eligible to get admission for MCA course soon after the completion of any of these courses at Graduation level.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Administration. This is a 3 year course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

B.Sc stands for Bachelor of Science. Even the duration of B.Sc Computers is also 3 years only.

Almost there would be common subjects in both the courses but only difference is that in which year these subjects will be pursued.

1st year of B.Sc Computers subjects might be in the 2nd year of BCA course like that.

There is no entrance exam to get admission for both the courses. You can get direct admission in many of the colleges depending on the score you secured in 10+2.

But ensure you get admission for this course in a top college which is having highly qualified experienced faculty and having decent placement record.

Gain strong subject knowledge and prepare for the Entrance Exam for MCA course from the 2nd year of your Graduation itself.

Be good enough in communication skills also.

There are so many job opportunities in software industry for MCA candidates. Try to get selected for job opportunity in the campus interview itself otherwise there would be huge competition in the outside market.
31st May 2017, 08:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

MCA refers to Master of Computer Application and same is a master degree course of two years with very good scope in software world in this digitally emerging world.

Now as far as you are concerned about selection of degree course among B.Sc and BCA in order to pursue MCA degree course in future then in my advise it would be better to go for the option of BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) as it is associated with MCA degree course and would help you do well in MCA degree course as compared to a B.Sc holder candidate.

Also for pursuing MCA from best colleges you must qualify entrance examinations like NIMCET, TANCET, etc. .
1st June 2017, 01:35 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

If you want to do MCA in your future then BCA will be a good option for you. But if you are interest in B.Sc then you can do it as B.Sc graduates in Computer are also eligible to do MCA. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?