6th August 2012, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

Can a B.Com last year appearing student give IAS exam?

b.com last year appearing the I A S exam...pelase tell me the details

6th August 2012, 07:46 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Com last year appearing student give IAS exam?

It is definitely possible to appear in IAS exam before completing the graduation course. It does not matterif you are doing B.com or B.Sc. You would be allowed to appear in the preliminary exam but to appear in Main Exam, you will have to complete the graduation course.

IAS is Indian Administrative Service for which entrance exam named Civil Service Examination is conducted by the UPSC. Civil Service Exam is also for IPS officers thus making it one of the most competitive exams in India.

Since millions of candidates aspire to become IAS officer, the competition has gone tougher by the day. Every year more students are appearing for the exam which has made it very difficult to crack the exam.

Therefore you need to work very hard in order to crack the IAS entrance exam. It would not be possible to clear the exam studying on your own which is why I would recommend some professional coaching.

There are things that can be done by you. For example while choosing 2 subjects for the IAS entrance exam, make sure these are the subjects you find easy. Choosing something like Mechanical Engineering is only going to harm your prospect.

IAS exam is conducted in three levels:

1. Preliminary Exam.

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

Eligibility for IAS

Only citizens of India are allowed to appear in Civil Service Examination

You must have graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Age Limit:

General - 21 to 30 years

OBC - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST - 21 to 35 years

Number of Attempts:

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - No Limit

Exam Patter:

Preliminary Exam:

It contains 2 papers of 200 marks each. This exam is only to qualify for the Main Examination thus marks obtained in it won't be included in your final score.

Main Exam:

This exam contains 9 papers. Here each candidate is required to select 2 subjects from the list provided. The last 4 papers would be on the subjects choosen by the candidate.
6th August 2012, 08:16 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............
As you are interested for IAS exam , For this you have to appear for Civil Service Exam The eligibility criteria for this exam.......

*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize University.
or The candidates appearing final year examination can also apply for this exam.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
There is a relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.
*No.of attempt
General category : 4 times
SC/ST - Unlimited
OBC - 7 times

The exam pattern are as follows.........

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...........
6th August 2012, 11:26 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the candidate appearing final year B.Com. degree exam can apply for IAS.

There is no specific exam as IAS exam, to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or [pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection is through two stages of written exam:-

-CSAT-CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST called otherwise as PRELIMINARY EXAM
-CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM

The eligible candidate applying for Civil Service Exam is called for the CSAT exam and the candidate selected out of it is called for the Civil Service Main Exam which is the 2nd stage of selection.

The final selection is done through Personal Interview out of the selected candidate from Main Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th August 2012, 12:50 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
b.com last year appearing the I A S exam...pelase tell me the details
Hello Friend,

Yes you are eligible to appear in IAS Exam even if you are in last year of your graduation , i.e. , lest year B.Com students can also apply for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is highly respective post in civil services. After becoming IAS officer you get the chance of doing some thing for the nation and to help others. Being an IAS officer you can help the country to get rid off all corruptions.

Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts Civil Service Exam once in a year for which you have to apply in order to give the entrance exam.

This civil service Exam is conducted with the aim of recruiting the candidates for the posts of IAS/IPS/IFS etc.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Service Exam-

1- You should be Graduate in any stream from any recognized university in any stream.
2- You can also apply for this exam even if you are in final year of graduation.
3- Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
4- You should be Indian.

Procedure for applying in Civil Service Exam-

You can apply for civil services Exam in following two ways-

a)- Online
b)- Offline

You can apply online for this exam through- http://upsconline.nic.in

For applying Offline you can purchase Application Form from Head Post office available in each city.

For more detail you can visit UPSC official Website- http://upsc.gov.in

Pattern of IAS(Civil Service Exam) examination

You have to clear three stages in order to become an IAS officer-

1)-Preliminary Examination

2)-Main Examination

3)-Interview

First you have to clear Prelims exam then only you can sit for Main exam and after getting success in main exam you have to appear in Interview.
6th August 2012, 01:01 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

yes, off course you can apply for IAS being final year student of B.com.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service conducted by UPSC Every Year

ELIGIBILITY for IAS:

=> A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any DEcipline (B.A, B.com, B.E ) with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
=> Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

=> Preliminary Exam.
=> Main Exam
=> Interview

Books to be refer:

All the Best
22nd February 2014, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a b.a 1st year student. I took admission in ignou January session 2014programme. Can I give ias 2016 .
24th April 2015, 02:55 AM
Unregistered

I will be appearing for my final year examinations in April 2016. Will i be able to persue with preliminary and mains widout my degree and result, as the result and degree comes later in September or October.
22nd July 2015, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Hai sir my name kalyan i am b.com final year student which coaching centre is the best ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?