26th July 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Can Computer Science and IT students give IES Exam?

Myself I have completed IT. i want to know can computer science students and it students give the exam of IES ??

26th July 2011, 07:50 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can Computer Science and IT students give IES Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Myself I have completed IT. i want to know can computer science students and it students give the exam of IES ??

Information Regarding IES examination.

No, Computer Science and Information Technology branch are not eligible to apply for the IES examination. IES examination is conducted by UPSC in every year. To appear in the IES examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Engineering degree in any one of the following branch :
->Electronics engineering.
->Electrical engineering.
->Civil engineering.
->Mechanical engineering.

OR The M.Sc degree or equivalent with wireless communication, Radio physics, Radio Communication.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

So, if you completed B.Tech course with IT branch then you are not eligible to apply for the IES examination. I advise you to go for the another examination like JTO, IPS...and many other if you are interested in the government job.

If you are not interested in the government job then many job available in the software company for a IT student.

If you want to know more information regarding IES examination then please visit the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
26th July 2011, 08:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Eligibility for IES exam-

Student must have passed engineering from-
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

M.Sc degree with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also eligible for IES exam.

Final year year student can also apply.

Age Limits :

Age should be 21-30 at the time of exam

upper age limit relaxable is also for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others students.

all other information related to IES exam is provided on the website of UPSC-

http://www.upsc.gov.in

yes , computer science department are eligible for IES exam but you have to sit from those departments.

all the best.
26th July 2011, 10:03 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you Have completed Your Graduation in Engineering Then you are eligible for IES Examination Because for IES Examination Any Engineering Degree Graduate Candidates are Eligible.

IES Examination Eligiblity -

>> Engineering Degree in any Discipline From a recognised University.
>> Age should between 21 to 30 years
>> Final year Engineering degree candidates are also apply.

Additional -

M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject also Eligible for certain posts.

But You have to choose Any One Optional subjects from these Streams, CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING.

You can Fill the application form Online OR Offline And the Notification was Published in the employment Newspaper in the Month Of January Every year and The Examination was Held in May.

So, If you are Completed your Bachelor degree form Engineering Stream Only then You are eligible to apply for IES Examination and for More Information Please check the Official Website -

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 118 views)
26th July 2011, 10:39 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I.E.S i.e Indian Engineering Service

This entrance examination was conducted by Union Public Service Examination every year.

Eligibility Criteria :-
  • Graduate in engineering from any recognized university.
  • Age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.
  • Even final year of a graduate degree may also eligible.

Only some stream candidates are eligible and the stream are Civil,Mechanical,Electrical,Electronics and Communication Engineering

So,According to the eligibility criteria you are not eligible to write examination.

For more details,visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
26th July 2011, 11:00 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have pursued either electrical, mechanical, civil or electronics are allowed to appear for this exam. Also the minimum age required is 21 years and maximum is 30 years. Since you are from the IT field you will not be allowed to apply for the same. You can however try appearing for other entrance exams if you are interested in going in for government service. You have options like try for army, air force, railways, telecom etc.
26th July 2011, 11:46 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Computer science and IT graduates in Engineering can also apply for IES.

But they have to choose one of the following streams as their branch and the questions will also come on the basis of the chosen branch---

*Civil Engineering
*Electrical Engineering
*Mechanical Engineering
*Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years...

So choose your branch according to your interest and get the syllabus here.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in

For more details, read the attachment below...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf civil service details.pdf(346.2 KB, 90 views)
26th July 2011, 11:54 PM
genius_911

for appearing into IES exam, following requirements should be fulfilled:-
1. you need to complete your graduation in engg.. from any of the stream of ec,ee,cs,it,me...
2.the age limit is 21-30 years... while candidates of SC,ST and OBC have been provided relaxation in the upper age limit..
so you can appear for the exam having cs or it branch... only graduation degree of engg.. in any stream is must.. youncan also appear in your final year of graduation..
26th July 2011, 11:56 PM
genius_911

1. you need to complete your graduation in engg.. from any of the stream of ec,ee,cs,it,me...
2.the age limit is 21-30 years... while candidates of SC,ST and OBC have been provided relaxation in the upper age limit..
so you can appear for the exam having cs or it branch... only graduation degree of engg.. in any stream is must.. youncan also appear in your final year of graduation..
26th July 2011, 11:57 PM
genius_911

so you can appear for the exam having cs or it branch... only graduation degree of engg.. in any stream is must.. you can also appear in your final year of graduation..
27th July 2011, 12:10 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

sorry,no.Computer Science and IT students can't give IES Exam.

actually four branch of engineering holders are only eligiable for the IES exam.

the following branch of engg are allowed

1.CIVIL.

2.ME.

3.EE.

4.ECE.

Apart from the four branch, other branch are not eligiable.

all the best.................
27th July 2011, 12:43 AM
rana2011
Banned

If you have Completed your Bachelor degree form Engineering Stream then you will be eligible to apply for IES Examination.

ELIGIBILIYT FOR IES EXAMINATION:-

*You have to compleate Engineering Degree in any Discipline From a recognised University.[Final year Engineering degree candidates can also apply].

*Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

*Final year Engineering degree candidates are also apply.

ADDITIONAL:-
M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject also Eligible for certain posts.

But You have to choose Any One Optional subjects from these Streams, CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING.

You can fillup the application form Online or Offline.
The Notification is Published in the Employment Newspaper in the Month of January Every year and the Examination is held in May.

and for More Information Please check the Official Website -
http://upsc.gov.in

Best of luck!
27th July 2011, 01:53 AM
brijeshgzp123

> Engineering Degree in any Discipline From a recognised University.

Note...

But, You have to choose Any One Optional subjects from these Streams, CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING.
27th July 2011, 08:51 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi....you can give the ies examination but the major problem is that the ies exam is held only for four subjects and they are civil engineering,mechanical engineering,electrical engineering and electronics and telecommunication engineering ,so it would be very difficult for you to clear the exam because you have to select any one of the above subjects ,the best way to go would be to take an coaching for one or two years in any one of the above subjects and then try to attempt the exam if you are really intrested in the indian engineering services job,made easy academy is one of the best coaching centres for the ies exam you can enroll in it the fees is around rs.35000 for one year of coaching....there website address is
www.madeeasy.org you can get all the information regarding on the mention website
27th July 2011, 10:39 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, computer science and It students are also eligible for IES exam..
The eligibility criteria for IES exam-

1.One must complete the bachelor degree in any engineering branch..

2.One can also appear in IES exam during final year of B.tech..

3.The age should be in between 21-30years.
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years, and for OBC the age relaxation is of 3years..

4.The candidate must have a citizenship of INDIA..

these are the criteria you have to fulfill to appear in IES exam..
the computer science and IT students have to write the exam on the syllabus of Any of these four branch as mentioned below-
*Electronics and Communication
*Electrical
*Mechanical
*Civil

So, if you want to appear in IES exam then you have to take preparation on the subjects of other stream..
Now, you decide what you will do..

All the best.
27th July 2011, 11:16 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, computer science and It students are also eligible for IES exam..
The eligibility criteria for IES exam-

1.One must complete the bachelor degree in any engineering branch..

2.One can also appear in IES exam during final year of B.tech..

3.The age should be in between 21-30years.
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years, and for OBC the age relaxation is of 3years..

4.The candidate must have a citizenship of INDIA..

these are the criteria you have to fulfill to appear in IES exam..
the computer science and IT students have to write the exam on the syllabus of Any of these four branch as mentioned below-
*Electronics and Communication
*Electrical
*Mechanical
*Civil

So, if you want to appear in IES exam then you have to take preparation on the subjects of other stream..
Now, you decide what you will do..

All the best.
27th July 2011, 11:16 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Sorry to say but you are not eligible for the IES exam.

Eligibility for the exam::

The candidates must be engineering graduates in one of the following branches :

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject

You must be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August.There is some relaxation in upper age limit for reserved caste students.35 years for SC/ST and 33 for OBC students
27th July 2011, 01:08 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
you are a IT engineer.
but you are not eligible to give the IES exam
on your subject IT.

if you want to give this IES exam
then you eligible to give this exam like other subject.

subject like:-

*ES entrance test or Indian Engineering Services entrance exam is designed for recruitment of engineers in government services. IES exam is conducted once every year by UPSC. Examination notifications are published in major newspaper and employment news in January / February and exam is conducted in June/ July every year.

IES Exam Eligibility Criteria:

Age Limit: Candidate should be in age group 21-30 years on the first day of august of the year of examination.

Educational Qualifications:

Candidate should be engineering graduate. However, candidates studying in last semester of engineering can also appear in entrance test but they are required to produce the proof of passing engineering degree.
For some selected posts of engineering services, candidates who are holding MSc degree in wireless communications, electronics, radio physics & radio engineering.

IES Exam Selection Procedure:

Entrance test consists of two parts :

Written Exam: there will be 5 papers in written test of 200 marks each as follows:

Paper 1: General Ability Test (General Studies and General English), this will be objective type test & mandatory for each applicant.

Paper 2 & 3: Paper 2 & 3 will be objective type test of 200 marks each based on core engineering subjects (candidate core branch of engineering degree.) The subject comes under these papers are civil engineering / mechanical engg. / electrical engg. / electronics & telecommunication engg.

Paper 4 & 5: paper 4 and 5 will be subjective tests of 200 marks each on core engineering subjects engineering / mechanical engg. / electrical engg. / electronics & telecommunication engg.

Personality Interview: candidates qualified in written test will be called for personal interview where their personality will be judged, the personality interview will be of 200 marks.

for more information about IES entrance exam please visit UPSC website

http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th July 2011, 01:33 PM
saurav9889

see friend ies exam is conducted in 4 streams-mechanical,electrical,electronics and civil. so as such even if u want to give ies exam u have to take one of this 4 subjects because computers or it is not avialable as an option. otherwise if u prefer a job in govt. sector u can sit for cdac exam or for nic recruitment.
27th July 2011, 04:15 PM
vivekdas.raja

Quote:
hello,
If you Have completed Your Graduation in Engineering Then you are eligible for IES Examination Because for IES Examination Any Engineering Degree Graduate Candidates are Eligible.

IES Examination Eligiblity -

>> Engineering Degree in any Discipline From a recognised University.
Best of Luck......
27th July 2011, 07:11 PM
Muditaga

Quote:
Yes cs and it students can give exams of IES.
28th July 2011, 06:15 PM
anil_kumar89

Eligibility for IES exam-

Student must have passed engineering from-
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

M.Sc degree with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also eligible for IES exam.

Age should be 21-30 at the time of exam

So you are not eligible
26th August 2011, 08:47 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Yes, Computer science and IT graduates in Engineering can also apply for IES.

But they have to choose one of the following streams as their branch and the questions will also come on the basis of the chosen branch---

*Civil Engineering
*Electrical Engineering
*Mechanical Engineering
*Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years...

So choose your branch according to your interest and get the syllabus here.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st September 2011, 12:57 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
no my friend you cant give the entrance exam of IES.You are not eligible for IES exam only few branches student can give entrance exam of IES.The IES exam is only for core branches so its better to give upsc exam.
There are some branches who give IES exams

Electrical engineering
Civil engineering
Electronics and communication
Mechenical engineering.

Only these engineer can give IES exam.
I hope you satisfy by my answer.
1st October 2011, 12:33 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

You cannot apply for the IES Exam being a IT student as the criteria says only candidates who have finished a degree form a recognized university in:

Civil Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering,
Electrical Engineering and
Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering

are only eligible.

Candidate should also have a age limit of 21-30 years.

Pattern for IES:

Civil and mechanical:

Electrical and electronics and telecommunication:

For more information regarding the IES exam you can check at www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?