29th March 2011, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

Can girls apply for merchant navy? Any special extra facilities available for girls?

can girls apply for merchant navy some extra facilities are available for girl os or not????????????????

24th June 2011, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Can girls apply for merchant navy? Any special extra facilities available for girls?

Recently many girls have joined as cadets in the nautical sciences and marine engineering courses conducted by various institutes in India.
Given the situation prevailing onboard is it good for girls to choose this field?
I am not opposed to girls joining the merchant navy - but when compared to the navy where a lot of discipline is required and enforced, the merchant navy has very little such enforcements in the high seas for disciplinary issues.

When a average girl finds it difficult to work in an office/factory etc ashore, is it possible for them to work onboard ships?But since I know the prevailing situation and job profile on board I feel it is extremely difficult for girls to choose it as there career. Shipping jobs involve strenous and physical work and girls are not designed for such kind.
24th June 2011, 05:30 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Default Re: Can girls apply for merchant navy? Any special extra facilities available for girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can girls apply for merchant navy some extra facilities are available for girl os or not????????????????
Dear Friend,

Yes, Girls are eligible to apply for Mrchant Navy. There are many girls who are already in officer cadre of Merchant Navy.

In india girls can apply through Indian Maritime University (IMU). IMU conduct exam every year to join Merchant Navy. You can also apply and proceed further towards your goal.

For more details please visit IMU website.

Regards,

Ramjash
8th August 2011, 05:55 PM
dhruv007

why not!, you can apply for merchant navy within the age-limit of 21-29. and you must have complete your 12th with 1st division. but in my opinion as a girl it is very difficult field to work.
24th August 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

i am bca(science)-2 year student , can i eligible for navy after my graduation.....
18th September 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Hye! i am 16 yrs old nd i am in class 12 i have a dream to join merchant navy.i have a question that many people said that it is very difficult.and people will leave this big oppurtunity.but i think i should go in this.can you tell me what was the fee critera nd on what bases i will join this big oppurtunity.
27th October 2011, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

i have just completed my 12th, how can i apply in merchant navy as a doctor?
30th October 2011, 04:37 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,
OK,
30th October 2011, 05:35 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

You can join through women special entry scheme.

Salient features of this scheme:
For Technical Entry BE, B Tech or equivalent or a higher qualification in civil or electrical or mechanical or electronics engineering, computer science, telecommunications engineering and architecture is needed.
Atleast 50% are required.

When & how to apply:
Month of commencement of course in each year is March and September. Selection is based on written exam and SSB Interview and medical examination. Candidates should apply directly in response to advertisement in June/December. Women officers receive training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai.

In women special entry scheme, the initial contractual period is five years but in case any candidate is found unfit or unsuitable within first six months, her commission can be terminated any time before the expiry of the five year period.
2nd February 2012, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Can girls apply for merchant navy after B-TECH in ECE?
13th May 2012, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Do merchant navy provide girls ?
24th May 2012, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

i completed my engineering in Information Technology but still i m unemployed...
can i apply for merchant navy??
17th April 2013, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

Is there a chance to take family?
24th February 2014, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

i am pursuing mba and i want to job in merchant navy plz guide me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?