7th August 2011, 05:23 PM
jagans401

Can I appear for the entrance exam of IPS after passing B.Com at the age of 29?

i am a b.com graduate. now i am 29yrs old. would you please let me know that can i appear for an entrance exam of IPS?

7th August 2011, 10:14 PM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Can I appear for the entrance exam of IPS after passing B.Com at the age of 29?

Yes, you may apper for the entrance exam of IPS but it is your last chance because,
Eligibility for IPs:-

**you have to passed your graduation from any recognise univercity.

**your age should between 21 years to 30 years.

Thanks!
8th August 2011, 12:22 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for the entrance exam of IPS after passing B.Com at the age of 29?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagans401 View Post
i am a b.com graduate. now i am 29yrs old. would you please let me know that can i appear for an entrance exam of IPS?
Dear Friend,

Eligibility for IPS:-
The candidate must be 21 years old on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum age limit is 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.
And the candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university.

As you are a Graduate and you are 29 years old you can apply for the IPS examination.

Best Wishes...
8th August 2011, 09:17 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Yes offcourse you can go for IPS exam.
Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.

A general candidate can attempt Four times only.Where as Seven attempts of OBCs. And no limit for SCs/STs.
8th August 2011, 09:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

yes ,you are eligible for IPS exam because you have completed your graduation degree also your age is 29 years.

the eligibility criteria for IPS exam:-

1.You must have complete your graduation in any discipline.

2.Your age should be in between 21-30years for general.

For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years.
For OBC age relaxation is 3years.

3.You must be a citizen of India.

These are the criteria to appear in IPS exam.

if you fulfill the criteria then you can appear in IPS exam.

All the best.
8th August 2011, 10:27 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes definitely !!!

Only graduation is required for Civil Service Examination.So,you already completed the graduate degree.So,you can absolutely eligible to appear for this entrance examination.

For I.A.S,the applicants should between 21 years to 30 years of age at time of appearing.

If you are belongs to general category,you have a one chance to appear for this examination.(i.e 21 yrs to 30 yrs.)

If you are belongs to OBC category,you have a four chances to appear for this examination.(i.e 21 yrs to 33 yrs.)

If you are belongs to SC/ST category,you have a six chances to appear for this examination.(i.e 21 yrs to 35 yrs.)

Civil Service examination consist of Preliminary,Main,Interview.

You need to clear the all the rounds of Civil Service examination.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
8th August 2011, 10:35 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

yes you are eligible for the IPS exam.

the main eligiblity critera for ips is as follows----
*your age should should be between 21 to 30 years.
*you have a graducate degree from a approved university.

thanks
8th August 2011, 11:44 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

If you belong to general category caste then you have only 1 year chance to appear,if you belong to obc category caste then you have 4 years chance to appear,if you belong to sc/st category then you have 6 years chance to appear.
8th August 2011, 11:58 AM
ramesg bharti

i am the student of b-tech of branch ECE. am i eligible for the IPS exam?
8th August 2011, 01:16 PM
aisham

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for the entrance exam of IPS after passing B.Com at the age of 29?

Quote:
Indian Police Service (IPS) is one out of the 3 exams of All India Services (IAS) conducted by Government of India.
To be in IPS, fulfil the following requiremnt
top Civil Service examination (CSE) conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Civil Service examination (CSE) has three stages

1. objective test (preliminary examination) consist general study & aptitude test.
2. main exam consist of 9 papers, candidate has to select 2 optional subject apart from general studies, essay, compulsory language paper & english paper.
3. interview.
Eligibility
completed or in final year of graduation can appear for Ist stage
he must be citizen of India
minimum age 21 & maximum 30: relaxation to upper age limit, 3 years in OBC, 5 years in SC/ST and for favour of certain categories i.e. of civil servant working under Govt. of India and Defence Services Personnal, there is some relaxation.

Afetr Selection
candidates are allocated their cadre .there is one cadre in each state.
How many times can eppear for exam
if open category, then 4 times
if OBC, then 7 times
if SC/ST, then as many times as you wish

all the best
8th August 2011, 01:33 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
hi
Congrts you are eligible because upper age limit is of 30 years and you are eligible for one year if you are in general category .

For OBC it is 33 years
For ST/SC 35 years
8th August 2011, 01:49 PM
liquid

hello my dear friend.
yes you can appear for the enterence exam of IPS at the age of 29 as the age limit is as follows.
candidates must be of 21 years to 30 years.
but in case of sc/st maximum 5 years
for obc maximum up to 3 years
thank you.
8th August 2011, 03:14 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
Yes, you are eligible for apply IPS exam but
for this criteria is:-
*Candidate pass graduation
*Candidate must be an Indian
*Age-21 to 30 years
5 years relax for SC/ST candidate
3 years for OBC candidate
8th August 2011, 03:32 PM
sachin200792

The minimum requirement for the eligibility to appear for IAS exam is that you must be holding at least a graduation degree in any field.

The age eligibility us that you must be in between 21 to 30 years at the time of your exam.

So, you are. Your age is 29 and you have a B.Com. degree. So you are eligible to appear for this exam.
8th August 2011, 03:44 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Yes you are eligible for the examination .To become an IPS officer you have to tapper for the Civil service exam which is conducted by the UPSC once a year .The examaintion is done in two phases ::

1.Preliminary
2.Main exam

Preliminary ::It consist of total 2 papers and is common for all students and there is no optional subjects in the preliminary examination .Only those who will qualify the main exam will get a call for the main exam.

Main exam is done in two phases ::

1.Written:: It consists of total 9 papers and 2 optional subjects and 3 compulsory subjects same for all students .

2.Interview.

Eligibility

You must have completed your graduation in any streams .There is no percentage bar.
You should be between 21 to 30 years .

For SC/ST its 21 to 35 years and for OBC its 21 to 33 years .

You can take the exams maximum 4 times and for OBC its 7 times and SC/ST as many times as they want till they are under 35 years which means there is no limit for them .
8th August 2011, 05:12 PM
sg1991

Eligibility criteria for appearing in IPS exam is as follows-

* A person should be a citizen of India.

* He or she should hold a bachelor's degree in any field from a recognised university.

* Age limit-
For General category- 21 to 30 years
For SC/ST category- 21 to 35 years
For OBC category- 21 to 33 years

* Number of attempts-
General category- 4
OBC- No limit
SC/ST- 7

So, you are eligible for IPS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?