22nd April 2012, 06:41 PM
Sandeep Malik B.tech.

What is the qualification and age limit requirement for IAS and IPS exam?

How many qualification and age limit for exam of an I.p.s & I.a.s.?...Tell me about ips & ias exam procees

23rd April 2012, 08:54 AM
ravi17283

Default Re: What is the qualification and age limit requirement for IAS and IPS exam?

hi,
age limit should be in 21-30 years for general quota students and you should posses a degree certificate of any course.you can attend for only 5 times and it changes on caste basis.you can get previous papers and updates for your study preparation from WWW.UPSC PORTAL.COM....best of luck for bright career
23rd April 2012, 10:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification and age limit requirement for IAS and IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep Malik B.tech. View Post
How many qualification and age limit for exam of an I.p.s & I.a.s.?...Tell me about ips & ias exam procees
IAS and IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam so if you want to go for IAS/IPS exam , you can attend to CSAT exam.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.You have completed B.Tech degree so you are applicable for IAS/IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

BEST BOOKS FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAM

The Pearson CSAT Manual 2012
by
Edgar Thorpe , Sh

owick Thorpe

UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam: General Studies Solved Papers
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan (2008)

Civil Services Success PLANNER
by
Sharma K K
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)

OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR IAS/IPS EXAM=>

EXAM DATE FOR CSAT EXAM:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012
Date of notification: 04-02-2012
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012
Date of Exam: 20-05-2012
Civil Services Main Exam, 2012
Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

For On-line application click on the link www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details of IAS/IPS exam , please Click on the link http://www.upsc.gov.in

23rd April 2012, 10:37 AM
jigo-kothari

IAS and IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam so if you want to go for IAS/IPS exam , you can attend to CSAT exam.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.You have completed B.Tech degree so you are applicable for IAS/IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
23rd April 2012, 11:19 AM
hlr
Member+

hi,
IAS(indian administrive service)
Eligiblity to join IAS exam;
graduate any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS.
Age limit is 20 to 30 years indian citizen
IPS(indian police service)
Eligiblity for ips exam;
<<graduate from a reconized university in any stream.
Age limit is 22 to 30 years.
Indian citizen
Age relaxation category
3 obc
5 sc/st
For more information,
You can log on herehttp://upsc.gov.in;
Thanks
24th April 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I'm 28 years now studying in diploma.can i get any job in goverment?
3rd May 2012, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

sir,i am sudhir chavan from mumbai.my callification is 10th pass.i have complite iti 2year.give me info about callification for ips exam.and can i do external drect 12th exam and seat for upsc exam?
7th May 2012, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am aruna i writtent my final year B.com exam resently april 2012 result yet to come mu question is if we have any backup in previous sem iam can allegible for IAS and i need fees structure and how meny year it takes to do IAS
12th June 2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

How many attempt for General (Orthopedic-ally Handicapped) category Person in IAS exam? What is age limit for them?
6th October 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

sir i am parvej allam 12th paas age 32 year's what is exam leaval IPS
7th October 2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

age limit is upto 21 and under30
23rd March 2013, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

hi..sir..i am studying 3rd b.e in chennai...i need to join ias coaching centre...i dont know about ias subject..what is the easy subject in ias exam..can u explain me..plz..
5th May 2013, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification of IaS
6th May 2013, 05:40 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS/IPS - Indian Administrative Service/Indian Police Service, to become an IAS/IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Qualification & Age Limit for IAS/IPS, Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian national
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or passed in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The candidate aspiring for IPS should have good Physical Fitness with minimumprescribed Physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT - General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST - Male-84cm and Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th May 2013, 07:00 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The exams for both Indian Police Service and the Indian Administrative Service are done under the Civil Services Examination by the Union Public Service Commission.

While the role of IAS is related to implementing and drafting policies the IPS officer has to maintain law and order and gather intelligence.

Civil Services Examination is conducted on the annual basis. During the first part of the year, the UPSC releases the form and then from May onwards starts the two stages of written tests.

As far as the qualification and age limit is concerned, it remains the same whether you apply for the Indian Police Service or the Indian Administrative Service.

Eligibility Criteria

1. Both exams need appearing candidate to be Indian.

2. The qualifying degree is graduation for both exams.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Your minimum age should be 21 to appear for exam.

5. Should not cross 30 years if want to appear for Civil Services.

6. OBC can appear till 33 years for the exam.

7. SC/ST can appear till 35 years.

Selection Procedure

Preliminary Exam

This exam is conducted in May. You have to appear for 2 written tests which includes general studies paper and 1 optional subject. Based of the performance in preliminary you may be allowed to appear for the Main Exam.

Main Exam

9 written tests that be consist your final score. Two papers on general studies, 2 on languages, 1 on essay and remaining four on optional subjects.

Personal Interview
7th May 2013, 11:09 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend......................

IAS/IPS aspirants, first crack the Civil Examination

To apply for Civil services examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The Notification of Civil services examination will be Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website in the Month of February i.e on 04/Feb/2012.

The Last date of apply for this examination Online 05/March/2012

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Preliminary examination Date : 20/May/2012

>> General Candidates will gets 4 Chances to cracked this examination
>> OBC Candidates will gets 7 Chances
>> No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

The examination is Conducted in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and if you have cracked the Preliminary examination then you are eligible for Main examination, main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the Subjects on the basis of Graduation.
9th May 2013, 01:15 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

These two exams are Civil Service Exams.

This exams conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Candidate should be origin of India.

Candidate should have Bachelor Degree from recognized University with any stream.

Percentage not required for this exam.

Final year pursuing candidates are eligible for this exam.

The candidate min age limit is 21 years.

The candidate max age limit is 30 years.

The upper age relaxation is applicable for other categories.

3 years age relaxation for OBC Candidates.

5 years for SC/ST Candidates.

10 years for PWD.
No of Attempts:

4 for General

7 for OBC

No limit for SC/ST.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

All the best.
11th May 2013, 11:55 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hai friend....

If you want to become an IAS or IPS officer first you need to appear for the civil services examination these exams are conducted by the UPSC once a year.

Required qualification for this exam is graduation from a recognized university of india in any stream.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university of india.

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Upper age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years

5 years for SC/ST candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK....
5th August 2013, 01:07 AM
Anandkp 44

HI

Indian Administrative Service.

Indian Police Service.

These two exams are Civil Service Exams.

This exams conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
The candidate min age limit is 21 years.The candidate max age limit is 30 years.
Candidate should be origin of India.Candidate should have Bachelor Degree from recognized University with any stream.
Percentage not required for this exam.
Final year pursuing candidates are eligible for this exam.
12th April 2014, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Grand total by 3stages in ias exam and ips and if we want to get civil service howmuch marks have to achieve in those 3stages.would you please si/r send the information to my gmail is :[email protected] and my no:9553156476
12th August 2015, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Sir why obc new agr limit is 37 and general 32. Not fair. Married women and especially mother should get these relaxation too. I am mother of two desperate to do but now I am 35 so can't appear. So it means raising kids in initial 30 was disadvantage for me. Guess you should consider some quota for women especially mothers
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?