3rd August 2015, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IIT entrance exam after scoring 70% in diploma 3rd year in mechanical engineering

I have scored 70% in diploma 3rd year in mechanical eng. Can i appear for entrance for iit exam

Related Questions:
  1. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  2. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  4. Can i do degree in mechanical engineering in IIT colleges after doing diploma in mechanical?
  5. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  6. Can I get a seat in IIT after completion of Diploma in Mechanical?
  7. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
  8. What should I do further after completing my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  9. Is it possible to get seat in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical?
  10. Is it possible to get admission for TET in 3rd year Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  11. Can I give IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam while doing final year diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. Can I get admission in IIT after completing my Diploma Mechanical Engineering in A.Y.Dadabhai college?
  13. How to apply for summer internship at IIT Delhi after 3rd year Mechanical Engineering?
  14. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  15. What kind of posts are available in Ashok Leyland for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 3rd year student?
  16. Names of the engineering colleges in Maharashtra where I can get admission after scoring 78% in diploma mechanical engineering?
  17. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Diploma CET for 3rd year Electrical Engineering Diploma student?
  18. Can I get direct 2nd year admission in COEP college, Pune for mechanical after scoring 94% in 3rd diploma Mechanical?
4th August 2015, 03:43 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT entrance exam after scoring 70% in diploma 3rd year in mechanical engineering

-> As you are a diploma student
* You are not eligible to appear in IIT exam.
IIT:- Indian Instiiute of Technology
-> Eligibility:-
* Successful completion of 2 level with
aggregate percentage .
* After that the candidate must said to be qualified in JEE exam .
* The above two are the eligible status for everyone .

-> Syllabus of IIT totally based on 2 level ..
* Actually whatever the topics involved in 2 level were not covered in diploma.
--> For diploma students
* Lateral entry is there and mostly there are rare chances to get into IIT after completion of diploma
* They might conduct a test for the entry .
* should be qualified in the test with
peaks percentage ..
4th August 2015, 07:42 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT entrance exam after scoring 70% in diploma 3rd year in mechanical engineering

Yes, you can apply for the IIT entrance exam as you have the 70% marks in the 12th class. And the minimum marks required to apply for this exam is 60% in the senior secondary level in non medical stream.

>> The candidates to apply for this exam have to pay a fee of 1000 Rs and must have scored the 60% marks in PCM in 12th 50% for sc category.

>> To qualify in the written exam you have to be passed in the all subjects PCM if you fail in a single subject and qualify on overall bases then you will not be eligible for the admission.
4th August 2015, 07:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in the IIT to pursue you the B.tech course.

But you are eligible to pursue the B.tech from the other institutions. As the eligibility to appear for the IIT examination is :-

* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or appearing candidates from the recognised board.
* Candidates must have studied mathematics, physics and the chemistry in the board examination.

So, you are not eligible but if you are interested in the B.tech course you are eligible to get the admission through the LEET. LEET stands for the Lateral Entry Examination Test and through this candidates are eligible to get the admission in the 2nd year.
4th August 2015, 08:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored 70% in diploma 3rd year in mechanical eng. Can i appear for entrance for iit exam
No, diploma candidates are not eligible to do B.Tech degree from IIT. Because IIT doesn't consider lateral entry exam.

So you can try for other colleges for B.Tech degree through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for the Lateral Entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?