9th October 2017, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for JEE main as I am studying PCBC course?

I am studying PCBC course but I want to appear for engineering can I? What are the minimum criteria required to apply for JEE mains? Can you please answer me back with the needed details? Awaiting for the response soon as possible. Thanks!

10th October 2017, 09:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for JEE main as I am studying PCBC course?

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is national level entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course ( i.e; B.Tech and B.Arch ) in CFTIs like IITs, NITs, ISM, IIIT, etc. and various private engineering colleges.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in JEE Main Paper I examination for admission in B.Tech degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with PCM group from a recognized board where as same for appearing in JEE Main Paper II examination for admission in B.Arch degree course is a Class 12th in any discipline with Mathematics as a compulsory subject from a recognized board.

So it is evident from above mentioned fact that being a student of Class 12th with PCBC group which does not include Mathematics as a main subject you are not eligible for appearing in any paper of JEE as for the papers Mathematics is required as a main paper for sure.

For more details regarding JEE you can refer to its official link i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
10th October 2017, 09:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for JEE Main examination after completion of your 12th standard with PCBC course. To be eligible to apply for JEE Main examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. Since, you have not pursued Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to apply for JEE Main examination.
11th October 2017, 08:31 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is conducted every year. This is an qualifying examination for studying B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Arch/ B.Planning course. The eligibility requirements are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have completed 10+2 or equivalent education from any recognized board.
- The candidate have taken 5 subjects while studying 12th class they are:

For B.Tech/ BE the 5 subjects should be Physics, mathematics, biology/ chemistry/ biotechnology/ technical vocational subject, language, any other subject.

For B.Arch/ B.Planning the 5 subjects should be Physics, mathematics, biology/ chemistry/ biotechnology/ technical vocational subject, language, any other subject. Where as for B.Arch/ B.Planning mathematics is compulsory.
- The minimum percentage required is 75% for general candidates. There is percentage relaxation for reserved candidates based on the government rules.
11th October 2017, 03:05 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. JEE has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE is conducted by Central board of Secondary Education for admission of candidates in top engineering colleges of India.

The eligibility criteria for JEE Main:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 or appearing for board exam of 10+2 from a recognized board. It is compulsory for candidates to have taken subjects like Mathematics, Physics, and third as chemistry or biology or biotechnology.

Since, you have not studied Mathematics in 10+2, you are not eligible for JEE exam for Bachelor of Technology or engineering.
9th October 2020, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

I AM DOING (PCBC) COURSE RIGHT NOW WHAT IF I WOULD LIKE TO PURSUE JEE AFTER 12th. HOW WOULD I GET INTO THAT STREAM . WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP/PROCEDURE FOR IT.
THANKS.
13th October 2020, 08:59 PM
Wajid92

Jee mains is an examination for getting admission in engineering. The paper of jee mains consists of physics, chemistry and mathematics so these three subjects are mandatory.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?