25th September 2012, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for VAO Exam being a candidate with a date of birth 21-06-1972?

i am 21-06-1972 i have completed Bcom do i write vao exam?

10th October 2012, 05:18 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I appear for VAO Exam being a candidate with a date of birth 21-06-1972?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No your not eligible for VAO Examination you have Not satisfy the age Criteria to appear in VAO Examination .

VAO Stands for Village Administrative Officer and this Examination is Conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission .

Eligibility Criteria for VAO Examination :-

>>> To appear in VAO Examination than you should Complete SSLC Examination ( 10th standard ) from any recognized Institution/Board

>>> You should have Good Knowledge in Tamil Language .

>>> Your age should be Minimum 21 Years and Maximum 30 years for General candidates .

>>> Relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST candidates for 10 years of age .

As per the eligibility Criteria of VAO , Your not eligible for VAO Examination .
16th June 2013, 12:41 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for VAO Exam being a candidate with a date of birth 21-06-1972?

Quote:
Unfortunately you are not eligible to sit for this examination since your age does not falls in the age bracket of 21-30 years.

VAO Exam Details:-

Eligibility:-
  • You need a minimum general educational qualification for this exam. To give this exam you need a secondary school leaving certificate.
  • In other words you need to be a 10th pass out. Even if you have higher qualifications that will be considered only when you have this certificate to show.
  • You need to be well versed in Tamil language because you will be posted in the villages of Tamilandu.
  • You can give the exam if you dont know this language but in that case you have to sit for Tamil language exam which is also conducted by TNPSC and pass in it.
  • You need to attain the age of 21 before giving this exam.
  • For general category candidates the upper age limit is 30 years.
  • For the reserved category candidates there is age relaxation. The upper age limit is 40 years for SC/ SC (Arunthathiyars), STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCM and Destitute Widows of all castes.

Exam Pattern:-

Written exam will be conducted in two following parts:

1. General Knowledge- 150 marks
2. General Tamil/General English- 150 marks

The first paper is bilingual and the second paper is optional. Your preference needs to be stated in the application form itself. 150 marks each has been allotted for each paper and you will get three hours to complete the whole paper.

Hope this helps :-> :->
18th June 2013, 11:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

VAO stands for Village Administrative Officers which is conducted by TNPSC.

Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts the Examination for the Recruitment of Village Administrative Officer.

If you have 12th standard OR graduation degree then you are applicable for VAO exam but you age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide as per govt rule But you must know the Tamil language.

You have completed B.Com degree so you are applicable for VAO Exam.Your date of birth is on 21-06-1972 so your age now above 40 years old so you are not applicable for VAO Exam .

Pattern for VAO Exam

General Knowledge =This section consists of 100 questions carrying 100 marks .
General English =This section consists of 100 questions carrying 100 marks .
General Tamil =This section consists of 100 questions carrying 100 marks .

Minimum cut-off marks 90 .

Best Books for VAO Exam:-

TNPSC VAO Village Administrative Officer's Examination - Sura
by V.V.K.Subburaj
Publisher: Sura Publications

TNPSC VAO Complete guide( Raman's )
Publisher: The Raman'S Books

For more details bout VAO exam , Please visit to http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
19th June 2013, 02:15 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

$$ VAO stands for the Village Administrative Officer this exam is conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission twice time in year....

$$ Since your Date of Birth is 21-06-1972 so, you have cross the Required age limit for the VAO Examination so, You are Not eligible for this exam....

$$ A candidate who is being Graduated in any discipline from the Recognized Universities can apply for this examination.....

$$ Age of candidate should at least 21 years....

$$ And age should not exist 30 years....

$$ Relaxation for OBC is provided it should be between 21 to 33 years....

$$ For SC/ST it should be between 21 to 35 years....

$$ A candidate must have Nationality of India....

Exam Consists Two parts:-

1. General Knowledge and.

2. General English/ General Tamil.

You can download Previous years Question paper from Here: Click Here

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
24th November 2015, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Being the date of birth .1_2_1972. Qualification M.sc b.ed .experience 15 yr.i am eligibly for for state govt.lecturer post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?