8th October 2011, 01:48 AM
ajaykurra

Can I apply for CAT Exam having secured 47% in B.Tech and being a candidate of Open category?

my b.tech. percentage is 47 & i do belong to open category, can't I apply for cat examination

8th October 2011, 06:04 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT Exam having secured 47% in B.Tech and being a candidate of Open category?

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam is being conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) in order to give admission for Management courses in top Business schools.

As far as your eligibility to the CAT is concerned, I am sorry to say that you are not elgible to appear for CAT Exam having secured 47% in your B.Tech course.

Here is the eligibility criteria for CAT Exam.

-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks.
-Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST.

As you are a candidate of open category, you will not be given any relaxation in percentage of marks which makes you unable to appear for CAT Exam.

I suggest you to appply for other entrance examination in order to get admission for MBA course. Otherwise you may try to get seat in Manaement Quota in any reputed college.
8th October 2011, 10:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT Exam having secured 47% in B.Tech and being a candidate of Open category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaykurra View Post
my b.tech. percentage is 47 & i do belong to open category, can't I apply for cat examination
Dear friend,

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for CAT exam .

Because your graduation marks percentage is 47%.But they want 50% marks in general category.

Those candidate are belongs to SC/ST category , have percentage criteria is just above 45% marks.

There are no age criteria also there are no restriction for attempts CAT exam.So you can apply here various time.

But you are eligible for MAT exam.So you can prepare for MAT exam.

Thanks
8th October 2011, 12:29 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
CAT exam is conducted for admission into MBA course into IITs and some other colleges in India
The aspirant should have a Bachelors Degree, and at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste , Scheduled Tribe and Differently abled categories]
there is no age limit for the exam.
you do not have the minimum marks required for the exam eligibility.so you can not apply for the exam
21st June 2012, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

i have 75% in b.tech can i prepare for cat?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?