4th May 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CAT exam while in BSc 3rd year? What is the procedure to apply?

hi im doing my Bsc 3rd year. can i apply for cat exam?? What is the procedure to apply for CAT exam?

7th May 2011, 08:47 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I apply for CAT exam while in BSc 3rd year? What is the procedure to apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi im doing my Bsc 3rd year. can i apply for cat exam?? What is the procedure to apply for CAT exam?
Yes you can apply to MBA program after your B.Sc 3rd year

you can apply for this program through different exams like

CAT,
MAT
GMAT
ICET
XAT
JMET

these are the exams you can write

in this the toughest entrance exam is CAT you can get into professional IIM's if you get through this exam

I will upload the syllabus for CAT you can look into it ..

I suggest you to take cat coaching before writing the exam it will better

else you can't make it that simply

So plan perfectly after your B.Sc and take CAT with full fledged preparation

all the very best for your preparation

and the syllabus file is uploaded in the txt format so please have a look into it

Regards

~AdityA~
Attached Files
File Type: txt cat syllabus.txt(2.6 KB, 194 views)
7th May 2011, 11:08 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT exam while in BSc 3rd year? What is the procedure to apply?

yes you may apply for CAT examination when you are last year of B.Sc.

CAT is the entrance examination to take admission in MBA course. there are so many MBA entrance examination like MAT, GMAT, XAT etc. CAT is also one of them.

when the notification for CAT examination will come then you will be able to apply through online for CATE examination by paying the fees of the examination. you must be aware about when the notification will be published.

through CAT examination if you take admission in MBA then you will be able to choose good institution for MBA study. so it's better to take admission in MBA course through entrance examination.

best wishes.
8th May 2011, 12:11 AM
nitu kedia

Smile Re: Can I apply for CAT exam while in BSc 3rd year? What is the procedure to apply?

Quote:
Yes you can apply for CAT exam which is an entrance exam for MBA.
The aspirant pursuing final year of their graduation can easily apply for CAT having 50% or 60% in their graduation.
1st July 2011, 12:46 AM
raja badam

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT exam while in BSc 3rd year? What is the procedure to apply?

Yes,you are Eligible for written exam of CAT.

Generally CAT notification release in in month of August or September .

exam is held on in the month of November.
13th September 2011, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for CAT exams while i am studying with eng. hnrs.
16th January 2012, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

when is cat exam conducted normally? when do i apply for the cat exam while doing last year B.sc?
7th June 2013, 10:00 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Since you are in the final year therefore you are eligible to give this examination.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. It is one of the most popular as well as one of the toughest MBA Entrance Examination to crack. But that definitely does not stops MBA aspirants from giving this examination as it is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management, one of the premier B-School in our country.

Prior to 2009 CAT was a paper-based test. Now it has become a computer based test and now it is conducted in various cities across India during a window of 3-4 weeks. You have the option to choose the date and the timing of the exam as per your preference. Then again a lot depends of availability as well.

MBA is a post graduate degree so to appear for CAT one needs to be a graduate first. You can get the bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

At grad level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in aggregate. SC/ST/PWD candidates needs to get 45% of marks in aggregate. Even final year candidates are also allowed to sit for this examination.

There are mainly two sections in the written exam:- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. From each section 30 questions will come and you will get one hour and ten minutes to complete each section.

You cant choose any section. Once a section appears infront of you then the on-screen timer starts. After 70 minutes the first section disappears and the second section appears onscreen. Then you wont be allowed to go back to the previous section.

How To Apply?

You have to buy a scratch voucher from selected branches of Axis Bank. Then you need to register online at the CAT website. After choosing the date of your choice you have to choose the 10 a.m. session or the 3:30 p.m. session. At the time of interview you have to show original mark sheets and submit photocopies to prove your eligibility.

Important Dates 2013:-
  • Sale of vouchers:- Jul 29 - Sep 24, 2013
  • Registrations:- Jul 29 - Sep 26, 2013
  • Exam dates:- Oct 16 - Nov 11, 2013

Hope this helps :-> :->
7th June 2013, 01:00 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for CAT in the 3rd year i.e. final year of your B.Sc. Graduation Degree.

CAT - Common Admission Test, is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to 2 years Post Graduation MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass with 50% marks from a recognised University, can apply for CAT. There is no upper age limit for application to CAT.

To apply for CAT, first you have to purchase a voucher from designated branches of Axis Bank and has to register yourself through CATY web site online with the voucher followed by choosing of Session for for on line interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
7th June 2013, 01:44 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes,you can apply for CAT(Common Admission Test) Exam that is taken by IIM'S for taking admission in Post Graduate Degree courses in Management.
After getting pass in this exam you will be able to take admission in IIM'S Colleges.To appear in this exam,you will require to meet these Eligibility conditions:

Educational qualification :-
~You should have a bachelor degree pass out from recognized university.
~If you will be final semester/year then also you will be eligible to apply for this exam.

Marks required :-
~If you belong from the General/OBC category then you will require 50% marks in Graduation.
~If you belong from the SC/ST category then you will require 45% marks in Graduation.

Exam Pattern for CAT :-
~CAT Entrance will be divided into two sections.
~Each section will include 30 questions and all questions will be compulsory.
~Total duration of each section will be 1 hour and 10 minutes.
~Exam mode will be Online.

Exam Syllabus :-
  • Section I : Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation.
  • Section II : Verbal ability and Logical Reasoning.
However as you will complete your Graduation,you can also apply for other Management Entrance Test.These exams are :-
  1. XAT
  2. MAT
  3. SNAP
  4. FMS
  5. ATMA
  6. MAH-CET
7th June 2013, 06:42 PM
sushildhaker

CAT-Common aptitude test conducted by IIMs to provide admission in top business schools in India.Almost every institute in India accepting CAT score to provide admission in master degree programs in management.

Eligibility for CAT- any graduate from any recognized university is eligible for CAT exam.Final year students can apply for CAT exam.Candidates must have min 50 % marks ( 45 % marks for SC/ST candidates).

Paper pattern -Following section will be covered

Verbal and non verbal ability
Logical reasoning
Quantitative aptitude
Data interpretation.

You will be allowed to attempt the paper in 2 hrs,15 min will be given extra for tutorial about the paper.There will be three section and each section will consist 60 questions which are objective types.

Marking- For correct answer you will get +3 and -1 will be awarded for wrong answer.

Rough work- For rough work 8 A4 size sheets will be provided.

How to enroll- CAT 2013 application form will be available from 29th July 2013 to 24th September 2013.You have to fill application form before 26th September

Exam Date- CAT exam will be conducted from 16 October to 11 November 2013.It's an online exam so you can select any one day for your exam.

Colleges through CAT-All the IIMs are offering admission to CAT qualified students.Other institutes around 100 also accepting CAT score card.Here are some institutes( other than IIMs) which are accepting CAT score-

Mudra institute of communication ,Ahemdabad
SP jain institute of management studies,Mumbai
Management development institute,Gurgon
FORE school of management,Delhi
institute of management technology,Ghaziabad
Nirma university.
FMS Delhi
Lovely Professional university- Scholarship also available on the basis of CAT score.
7th June 2013, 07:52 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:

Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

CAT exams are normally held in Month of October and November.
Exams are held in online mode only

To get calls from IIM, you have to get atleast 98 percentile marks in the CAT written tests

After this you would be called by IIM for the next rounds that is Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation
8th June 2013, 02:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) for the admission in MBA course.This examination is conducted in the month of November and December.

CAT eligibility criteria:-

1.You should have done your graduation from a recognized university.
2.You should have secured at least 50% in your graduation.
3.There is 5% relaxation in the required graduation percentage for SC/ST/PH students.
4.There is no age limit to appear in this test.

Quote:
Yes , B.Sc 3rd year candidate can apply for CAT Exam
CAT Examination Pattern :-

Verbal Ability.
Logical Reasoning.
Quantitative Aptitude.
Reading Comprehension.
Data Interpretation.

If you have scored good in CAT exam then definitely you will get top most college .Because maximum best college select the candidate through CAT Score .Best Books for CAT Exam

How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill

Analytical & Logical Reasoning For CAT
by
Bs Sijwali
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CAT Exam date for 2013 is already over for this year , you can wait for next notification of CAT exam of 2014 .

CAT 2014 Exam Dates / Notification:-

CAT 2013 Registration will start from 29 July 2013

Last date for Registration is 26 September 2013

CAT Exam Vouchers can be collected by students from selected Axis Bank branches between 29 July and 24 September 2013.

CAT 2013 will be conducted between October 16 and November 11, 2013.

The CAT 2013 test fees is Rs.1600 for general candidates and Rs.800 for SC and ST candidates.

For more details about CAT Entrance exam , you should visit to http://www.catiim.in
23rd May 2020, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

To get IIMs what is the percentile required in cat?second question, to be selected in IIM what are the criterias seen in it?how much does percentile in 12 plays importance?
9th July 2020, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

My friend is in final year of bsc research. Can he apply for cat exam . If yes then which option he should select while filling degree
9th July 2020, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

My friend is in bsc research final year which is an 4 year programme. Can he apply for CAT exam. And if yes, then in which category he can apply. As there is no option of bsc research in cat exam form
12th May 2021, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Can I apply for CAT exam while in BSc 3rd year? What is the procedure to apply?

Quote:
My friend is in final year of bsc research. Can he apply for cat exam . If yes then which option he should select while filling degree
Yes bro you can apply for cat exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?