21st September 2010, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CDS course at the age of 24 years?

hi, i am an aspirant for CDS for SSC women (non-tech), OTA...i am presently 23yrs of age n next month shall be turning 24yrs my DOB is 7th oct'86. i have searched a lot whether i can apply for CDS next year i.e.2011 course. i saw in ur earlier thread dt u hav posted the age limit as 19-25yrs, could you please brief me about this as this year the applications were asked from candidates born after 2nd jul'86 which means next year it would ask from applicants born later than 2nd jul'87, which renders me ineligible although i will be 24yrs by then. i am quite confused, pls help.

12th May 2011, 08:57 AM
ajay kumar75

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS course at the age of 24 years?

Yes, you can apply for CDS.
12th May 2011, 10:55 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

As there is a lot of confusion regarding the age limit for CDS course then it is advisable for you to visit the website & read the details regarding that.If the confusion still remains then its better to contact the office personally & get the right information regarding this.You can visit as-
http://www.upscexam.com/upsc_examinations/combined_defence_services_cds/UPSC-CDS-Exam-I-Eligibility.html
12th May 2011, 06:55 PM
shoebahmed89

no u r not eligible for CDS exam. Those who are not born before 2nd January 1987 and not later than 1st January 1993 are not eligible
13th May 2011, 01:27 AM
shermin
Senior Member+

No you are not eligible as only those candidates who are born not earlier than 2nd January,1987 and not later than 1st January,1993 are eligible.
13th May 2011, 06:52 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Sorry,you cannot apply for the CDS examination for the non-technical Women course because for the exam which was held on February itself the eligibility was Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.
Women who have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1993 can apply for the Non-technical course.

INDIAN ARMY

But you can apply for the Short Service Commission in Indian Army since the age limit is from 19-25 years.The qualification needed for applying is Graduation / Post Graduation from Recognised University.
For more information please visit,
INDIAN ARMY-click here

INDIAN NAVY

There are various types of entry for Women as an officer through SSC like SSC -ATC,SSC Law,SSC-Observer,SSC-Logistics,SSC-Education..etc.The educational qualification varies from one type of entry to the other.Hence visit the website of Indian Navy through the link provided here

INDIAN NAVY-click here

INDIAN AIR FORCE

As an officer with the Indian Air Force, you will lead and manage, and will be posted either as a Pilot, or a Navigator, or a Technical or a Ground Duty officer in any one of the Air Force bases.After going through the selection procedure you will be commissioned as an officer in SSC.

For details regarding the tpes of entry please visit the following link

INDIAN AIR FORCE-click here
13th May 2011, 08:04 AM
ginny.duggal
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for CDS course at the age of 24 years?

Yes why not. You can apply for that Don't take tension and set your goal .......
& all the best....
13th May 2011, 09:41 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for CDS course at the age of 24 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, i am an aspirant for CDS for SSC women (non-tech), OTA...i am presently 23yrs of age n next month shall be turning 24yrs my DOB is 7th oct'86. i have searched a lot whether i can apply for CDS next year i.e.2011 course. i saw in ur earlier thread dt u hav posted the age limit as 19-25yrs, could you please brief me about this as this year the applications were asked from candidates born after 2nd jul'86 which means next year it would ask from applicants born later than 2nd jul'87, which renders me ineligible although i will be 24yrs by then. i am quite confused, pls help.
FOR CDSE
CDS i.e Combined Defence Services Examination is a common entrance for all armed forces so it differ from one force to other and i.e

Air Force Academy-->19-23 years

Officers Training Academy(OTA)-->19-25 years

Naval Academy--> 19-22 years

Indian Military Academy(IMA)--> 19-24 years
13th May 2011, 03:03 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
To apply for Officers' Training Academy (OTA), Then you must have acquire a degree from a recognized university or equivalent.

And your age should between 19 years to 25 years.

The notification of CDS II examination was already availiable in the UPSC official webiste. And to apply for This examination,

For Officers’ Training Academy - SSC (Women Non-Technical Course) post, then you must have Unmarried, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. And you should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1987 and not later than 1st July, 1993.

So, if you have fullfill this eligiblity criteria, then you are eligible to apply for CDS examination And you must have Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

The Written examination dates - 18/09/2011.

For complete information, please visit the UPSC Official website Or Read the given notification -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 81 views)
13th May 2011, 03:08 PM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Can I apply for CDS course at the age of 24 years?

yes u can do this
13th May 2011, 07:12 PM
Roysons

Dear,
The age limitation , sex and marital status are as follows:-

i. For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

ii. For Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 (2nd January, 1988 in case of NCC/Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders) and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

iii. For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

iv. For Officers Training Academy – (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (married or unmarried born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

Thanks.
14th May 2011, 12:25 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for CDS course at the age of 24 years?

Quote:
Hey friend,

CDS- Combine Defence Service examination.

The exam is conducted by UPSC and it is done twice in a year.

The education criteria for CDS exam is mentioned below:

For Military and Officers training academy:

A degree from a recognized university is needed.

For Indian Naval Academy:

A degree in the field of engineering is needed.

For Air force academy:

A degree from a recognized university with physics and maths at 10 and 12 level or a B.E degree is needed.

Thank you.

Eligibility criteria:

For Indian Military academy:

Only male unmarried candidates with 19-24 years of age are eligible.

For Naval academy:

Only male unmarried candidates with 19-22 years of age are eligible.

For Air force academy:

Only male unmarried candidates with 19-23 years of age are eligible.

For Officer's training academy:

Unmarried or married male candidates with 19-25 years of age are eligible.

Thank you.
15th May 2011, 03:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

There are different age limit for different posts. Graduates from any stream with 50% are eligible to apply. The aspirants must be unmarried. The age limit for females is 19 to 25 years. Training will be in Chennai.
20th May 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

my dob is 11 november 1986. can i apply for ota ssc women non- technical. plz reply soon.
20th December 2011, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian airforce with a b.tech degree in information technology(IT)
22nd December 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

sir my DOB is 21oct1987 am i eligible for cds
10th January 2012, 12:07 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Age limit for CDS(Common Defence Service) exam.

The exam is conducted by UPSC(union public service commission)

* Candidates should be a graduate from a recognized university
* Age limit must be within 19-22 years for Navy
* For Navy candidates should be a graduate in engineering from a recognized university.

* Age limit must be within 19-24 years for Army
* For army candidates should be a graduate from a recognized university.

* Age limit must be within 19-23 years for Air Force.
* For air force candidates should complete 12th from a recognized institute.

* Only unmarried male candidates are allowed for the exam
* Final year can also attend the exam.

Best wishes
31st March 2012, 11:51 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
No you are not eligible for the CDS examination. Because Women who have been born
not earlier than 2nd January,
1987 and not later than 1st
January, 1993 can apply for the
Non-technical course.

CDS exam which is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year, for further details visit

www.upsc.gov.in
29th September 2013, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

my DOB is 22.07.1990. can i eligible for CDSE
15th January 2014, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

My dob is 11.05.1993...and i am a final year student of graduation can i eligibl for ota exam for women
15th January 2014, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

My dob is 11.05.1993...and i am a final year student of graduation can i eligibl for ota exam for women
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?