12th October 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CDS if I am in pre final year of B.Tech M.E?

Sir i am in pre-final year of b.tech(me). can i apply for CDS?

13th October 2011, 10:40 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS if I am in pre final year of B.Tech M.E?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am in pre-final year of b.tech(me). can i apply for CDS?
Sorry To say But you are Not eligible to apply for CDS Examination because Pre-Final year Candidates are Not apply for CDS Examination. Only Final Year graduates candidates are eligible to apply for CDS Examination and those who are in final year and If they apply for CDS Examination then you have to required to submit the proof of passing the degree examination to UPSC Comission.

So, Only Final year Graduate candidates are eligible to apply for CDS Examination.

CDS Stands for Combined Defense Services examination and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year two times and for this year both CDS Examination was already Completed and Those who have completed his graduate degree course OR Pursuing final year graduate degree may apply for CDS (I) 2012 Examination.

CDS (I) 2012 Notification was Going to be declared on 29/Oct/2011 and the last date of apply for this examination was 28/Nov/2011.

The examination was Going to be held on 12/Feb/2012.

To apply for CDS Examination, your age should between 19 to 25 years, But the age Eligiblity criteria are vary form Academy to academy, The Educational qualification criteria are also vary form Academy to Academy, So you have to apply for CDS Examination according to your Eligiblity.

But You are Pre-Final year Candidate then you are Not eligible to apply for CDS Examination and for More Detail About CDS Examination please check the official UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
13th October 2011, 10:58 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Only final year/completed graduation students are eligible for CDS exam.

Eligibility for CDS examination:
Educational Qualifications:
For IMA /OTA : A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.
For Air Force Academy: B.Sc. of a recognized University or equivalent with Physics and/or Mathematics as subjects or Bachelor of Engineering.
For IMA: Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years
For Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-22 years
For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 years
For Officers Training Academy: Male candidates (married or unmarried) between 19-25 years

So you can appear for next year CDS exam.
For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 49 views)
8th November 2012, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

I am prefinal student in btech.....i want to give cds exam as early as possible....so in which year and in which session should i have to fill form ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?