8th March 2012, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS being a candidate pursuing final year of BCA course?

hello sir,
being BCA final year student can i apply for IAS.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BCA? When will I be able to apply for this Exam?
  2. How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?
  3. Can I take admission for LLB course being a candidate of pursuing final year of BCA?
  4. How to apply for IAS or IPS exam? I am a final semester student of BCA
  5. Can I apply for SBI Clerk Exam pursuing final year of BCA course?
  6. Can I apply for Internship after completing BCA? -- [New]
  7. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT?
  8. When will be the WIPRO WASE Exam? Am I eligible for this Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of BCA?
  9. What is the scope in Air Force after doing BCA? I am pursuing BCA final year
  10. Am I eligible for IAS Exam being a final year candidate of BCA?
  11. Can I apply for SBI Clerk Exam having scored 55% in 12th class and pursuing final year of BCA course?
  12. Which short term courses should I do having interest in Designing being a candidate of pursuing final year of BCA?
  13. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of BE?
  14. Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to appear for JNU, NIMCET and BHU Entrance Exams being a candidate of pursuing final year of BCA?
  16. Which subjects should I choose to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing final year of MCA course?
  17. Am I eligible for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year in BE and Physically Handicapped?
  18. Which branch is good for me in MBA being a candidate of pursuing final year BCA?
8th March 2012, 09:13 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS being a candidate pursuing final year of BCA course?

Yes. You are eligible to appear for IAS Exam even though you are a candidate pursuing final year of BCA course.

There is no separate IAS Exam for the candidates by cracking which to be placed in IAS.

But, a candidate has to crack civil services examination which is the common entrance exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS etc.

Here is the required eligibility criteria that a candidate should possess to be eligible for this exam.

Academic qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for this Exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

Age criteria :
-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this Exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.
-For the candidates with physical disabilities, relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 10 years for this exam.

So, have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

The selection procedure will be by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

So, decide upon the optional subjects for Main Exam and start preparation for Main Exam too along with CSAT Exam.

For complete information regarding this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
8th March 2012, 10:23 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS being a candidate pursuing final year of BCA course?

Yes, you can apply for IAS while pursing final year BCA course.

IAS- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one should appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age which the upper age relaxed for SC/ST/PH candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

As you are a final year BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application) student, you can apply for Civil Service exam.

The registration for this year's exam has been completed, the CSAT exam will be on 20.05.2012.

You can better try for next year's exam.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
8th March 2012, 10:43 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to appear in IAS exam and you are in final year of your BCA course..

Then no need worry.. As you are in final year of BCA course then you can apply for IAS exam..

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit students for administrative jobs..

Eligibility for IAS exam:--------------------------------->>

>>The candidate must have complete the graduation in any tarde from a recognized university.
>>Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam..
>>No such percentage of marks is required..
>>Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.
>>Candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, get prepare for the exam..
To crack the exam you need to work hard...
The exam is held in two phases :---------------

1.Preliminary exam
2.Main exam

After being short listed in the exam you will be able to go through the interview session..
If you clear the interview session, then you will become an IAS officer..

All the best.
8th March 2012, 11:26 AM
pandeyshekhar89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir,
Answer:

Dear Aspirant,

Yes you are eligible for the IAS exam as you are pursuing BCA. The complete eligibility criteria of IAS are given below:

Eligibility Criteria:

Education Qualification: Any graduate from a recognized university are eligible for the exam.
OR
The appearing students in the final year exam are also eligible for the Preliminary exam only. They will be able to appear in the main exam when they will show there final result.

Date Notification

Exam Name Date of Last Date for Exam Date
Notification Application

Civil Services 04.02.2012 05.03.2012 20.05.2012
(Preliminary)
Exam 2012

Civil Services 05.10.2012
(Main)
Exam 2012

For futher information visit the website http://www.upsc.nic.in or apply online through this link http://http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php

All the very best
8th March 2012, 12:52 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir,
HI!
Yes you can apply for I.A.S exam but I am sorry ton say that last date of submission of form is over so you apply next year..

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?