28th January 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IES examination after graduation in Computer Science and Engineering?

i have done my graduation with computer science and engineering and got 76% marks.am i applicable to fill the ies appliction form .plz give me answer.

29th January 2011, 12:44 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES examination after graduation in Computer Science and Engineering?

Dear Friend

According to the eligibility criteria of Indian Engineering Services
examination a candidate should possess
B.E. (in any discipline)/B.Tech. (in any discipline)/M.Sc. degree or its
equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics
or Radio Engineering as a special subject.

So it makes you eligible to apply for IES examination.

As you are a student of computer science and engineering you can apply
for Electronics and Communication paper because CSE and ECE course
structure have many things in common.

Thank You
29th January 2011, 01:13 AM
diego
Banned

Default Re: Can I apply for IES examination after graduation in Computer Science and Engineering?

yes you will be eligible, C.Sc B.tech is a valid degree for you to appear ... however there are certain conditions like age limit ( above 21 years and below 30 years).... please visit the website for more information.
www.UPSC.nic.in
by the way when are you passing out because
Note:: The guidelines may change in future.Information relevant today may not hold true in future.
diego
29th January 2011, 10:52 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for IES(Indian Engineering Services)exam but you will have to appear for Electronics and Communication paper but don't worry because ECE & CSE have so many similarity in course.
The eligibility criteria for applying in IES exam is as follows :
(1)must have a B.E(in any discipline) or equivalent from some recognized university or board

so don't worry and apply for it but it is considered little tough to crack so prepare accordingly.
29th January 2011, 01:15 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

The eligibility for IES is in the following branches:

1.Civil
2.Electronics and tele-communication.
3.Mechanical
4.electrical.

So you are not eligible for this exam, for latest updates about the exam you can check at www.upsc.gov.in

All the best!!
29th January 2011, 04:26 PM
prtk.co

Eligibility for IES.

(i) Age limits :21-30 years as on 1.8.2011 (for 2011 exam). (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/Sts, OBCs and certain other categories.

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Degree in Engineering or equivalent. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject also acceptable for certain posts.

If you fulfilled the above eligibility criteria then you can apply for this exam.
29th January 2011, 06:45 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

As per eligibility conditions of IES, Computer Science (CS) branch is not eligible for the IES.

The eligible branches/degrees are:

1. Electrical Engineering
2. Electronics & Communications Engineering
3. Civil Engineering
4. Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

5. M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics,
Radio Physics or Radio Engineering.
29th January 2011, 09:15 PM
abhimanyu2688

Hello Friend,
The Eligibility for IES is
1. Degree in Engineering.
2. Age Limit is 21 to 30 years.
All the details regarding IES is attached in the message, please go through it for more details.
Good Luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 70 views)
29th January 2011, 10:41 PM
gurpreetrodger

friend
u r eligible for the IES examination just fill the form and get good points in it.
Best of luck.
31st January 2011, 12:26 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done my graduation with computer science and engineering and got 76% marks.am i applicable to fill the ies appliction form .plz give me answer.
dear friend,
computer science engineers are not eligible for ies exam but you can give the exam as an electronics and communication engineer because most of your subject are same for the exam. ies is conducted once in a year.the notification for the exam will come in the employment news.for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
1st February 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

: Can I apply for IES examination after graduation(B Tech) in Chemical Engineering.
5th February 2011, 09:31 AM
vishuce116

i m a civil engineering b.tech 3 rd year student. can i apply for ies?
6th February 2011, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

i am doing my final year btech in instrumentation and control. can i apply for ies? for which stream should i apply?
19th March 2011, 05:57 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Hi friend,
I think you are eligilble for IES i.e. Indian engineering services being Graduate in Computer science & engineering.

See the details of education eligiblity for IES exam:

Minimum Educational Qualification:
For admission to the examination, a candidate must have—
(a) obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or

(b) passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
(c) obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or

(d) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
(e) passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or

(f) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group 'A' in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:-

M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.

For complete details : http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th June 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for IES examination after graduating in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY engineering?plz give me reply...whitch subject i should pefer?
13th June 2011, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

SAME QUESTION
can i apply for IES examination after graduating in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY engineering?plz give me reply...whitch subject i should pefer?

PLEASE REPLY AS I AM Planning to chosse civil as my branch..
AS far as i know civil is muc easier than ece,eee,mech..
is it so ?
20th June 2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

would eee be better branch than ece for IES?
28th June 2011, 12:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend,

Educational Qualifications :

must be passed graduation in following department for IES exam

1)Electrical Engineering
2)Electronics & Communications Engineering
3)Civil Engineering
4)Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering .

Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years

you are in computer science department so you are not eligible for IES exam.

all the best
1st July 2011, 12:42 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

IES i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination.

The Entrance Examination was conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

No,you are not eligible to write the Engineering Entrance exam,because they recruit only few branch candidates only,the branch are Civil,Mechanical,Electrical and Electronics and Communication Engineering.So you are not eligible to write the Engineering Entrance Exam.

But you can appear for Civil Service Examination.For Civil Service Examination,the candidate must have complete their graduate degree in any discipline and final students also eligible to write exam and the age should be 21 yrs to 30 yrs as on August 1st of the year of examination.

So,if you have interested in Civil services exam,you can appear for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?