16th April 2018, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply in NDA being a female candidate? Age limit to apply?

Hello, I am a female candidate and I want to apply in NDA. I am interested in NDA since my childhood. So, can I apply or not in NDA? And kindly tell me what is the age limit for applying? Waiting for your response.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a Female student apply for NDA exam after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA?
  2. Upper age limit for female candidates to apply as a teacher in UP?
  3. Am I eligible to get job in DRDO if pursuing B.Tech(Biotechnology) 2nd year from Deemed University? Age limit to apply for female candidate?
  4. What preparation is needed for a 10th class girl to clear NDA exam and join Air Force?
  5. What is the maximum age limit for a General category Female candidate to apply for Odisha Government Teacher job?
  6. Can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam this year? What is the eligibility criteria required for a Female candidate to apply for the exam?
  7. Can a Female Candidate apply for NDA exam? What is the eligibility criteria required and what is the procedure to apply for the exam?
  8. Qualifications requirements for Pharmacist Job in Indian Air Force?
  9. What is the procedure to apply for JBT after graduating from BCA? What is the age limit for a general female candidate?
  10. Details about the NDA exam age limit? Can females apply for it? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the age limit for ladies who are OBC candidate to apply for a government job in UP?
  12. What is the upper age limit for a general female candidate to apply for the post of lecturership in any government college or university?
  13. Height required by women for defence services under ST category?
  14. Procedure to join Air Force after completion of 12th with commerce stream?
  15. As per my date of birth can I apply for NDA 2015 exam?
  16. Can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam while pursuing B.Sc 2nd year?
  17. What is the maximum age limit for TET (Teacher Eligibility Test)? -- [New]
  18. Can I join Indian Army after doing B.E Electrical Engineering after scoring 40% in Maths in 12th?
22nd April 2018, 11:52 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply in NDA being a female candidate? Age limit to apply?

No you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination being a female candidate. To be eligible to apply for NDA examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a Government recognised board. You should be an unmarried male candidate in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination as per the UPSC NDA examination notification.
22nd April 2018, 11:10 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

According to guidelines set by UPSC for NDA,
  • Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA Exam.

So, a female candidate or a girl cannot apply for NDA Exam.

However, if you wish to join Defence field of India anyhow then you can apply for OTA (through CDS Exam) after completing your graduation.

OTA stands for Officer's Training Academy.

You can apply for CDS exam even if you are in final year of your graduation.
23rd April 2018, 01:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy. NDA/NA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

1. The important eligibility criteria for NDA exam is that female candidates can not apply for this exam.

Female candidates who want to join Armed forces can apply for CDS, AFCAT exams.
24th April 2018, 08:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and for joining the same a candidate has to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Being a female candidate you are not eligible to apply for NDA as for the same only unmarried Indian male candidates with age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years are eligible.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examinations, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?