13th January 2017, 02:44 PM
Kadam pankaj

Can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam this year? What is the eligibility criteria required for a Female candidate to apply for the exam?

Respected Sir, I am a Girl and I want to apply for the NDA exam this year so I want to know can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam this year? What is the eligibility criteria required for a Female candidate to apply for the exam? How can I apply for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th January 2017, 07:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam this year? What is the eligibility criteria required for a Female candidate to apply for the exam?

No, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination. As per UPSC NDA examination notification, only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA examination. Eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA examination is mentioned below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be an unmarried male candidate.

=> You should be within the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years.

=> Yo should be physically as well as mentally healthy.
14th January 2017, 09:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam this year? What is the eligibility criteria required for a Female candidate to apply for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadam pankaj View Post
Respected Sir, I am a Girl and I want to apply for the NDA exam this year so I want to know can a Female candidate apply for NDA exam this year? What is the eligibility criteria required for a Female candidate to apply for the exam? How can I apply for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.
No, female candidates are not eligible to apply for NDA exam. Only male candidates can apply here.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 .5years. There are no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
15th January 2017, 11:31 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA/NA examination is conducted by twice every year by UPSC for selection of candidates into different wings of Defence. The eligibility criteria for NDA examination is:

>>Candidates must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. For Navy and Air Force, Mathematics and Physics is necessary.

>>Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

>>Only unmarried male India candidates can apply for this exam.

Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination.
15th January 2017, 12:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

As per UPSC eligibility only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. The application form for examination is available online but you are not eligible to apply. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2017, 12:44 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination. Male unmarried candidates are allowed to apply for this exam.

Girls who want to join Defence can apply for AFCAT, CDS exam after bachelor's degree.
15th January 2017, 01:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

1. You must be unmarried male Indian citizen to apply for this examination.

From this eligibility criteria it is clearly that female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination.
22nd June 2017, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir l am Anita meher from boudh (odisha) l am a girl candidate and l am very interested to join nda. I know girl's are not eligible for nda. Still,l wanted to asked you how can l apply for nda.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?