15th August 2011, 06:28 PM
Sneha Khot

Can i become I.A.S. Officer and Engineer? What is the duty of an IAS officer?

Actually I want to become an I.A.S. Officer and an Engineer too .
Is it possible to carry on both and I don't the duty's of an I.A.S. Officer So explain me both.

15th August 2011, 11:55 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can i become I.A.S. Officer and Engineer? What is the duty of an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneha Khot View Post
Actually I want to become an I.A.S. Officer and an Engineer too .
Is it possible to carry on both and I don't the duty's of an I.A.S. Officer So explain me both.
No it is not possible to carry both works simultaneously. Till now it is not recorded so that the person has done his works both as an Engineer and IAS officer simultaneously.

An Engineer is different from IAS officer. Engineer carries out technical works whereas IAS officer will be back of social works for which he is paid by the government which is nothing but the public again.

so it is sin to do anything wrong while doing job as IAS officer. Due to lack of knowledge you have told like that if you know what IAS is then you will not get this doubt.

Don't be back of money either I will tell you about the IAS officer works
the main motto of IAS officer is to do welfare works for people on the name of government
he is responsible for the welfare schemes brought up by Ruling Government

For example In hyderabad The IAS officer is the Incharge to make all things work like Municipalities , Water board, HMDA etc.., so that if every thing goes well. then people will be happy if people governments will last for ever in this way the chain cycle will always takes place.

So there is not comparision between IAS job and Engineer Job it has lot of difference.

If you love to become Engineer then become engineer. and do your work sincerely and increase nations integrity technically.
if you believe that you can become IAS officer then become so and only concentrate on how to develop our mother land.

Don't think about both and come out . You will end up with the confusion at last fix for one and do the justice to what you select.

My suggestion is to believe your soul words and act according that . Nothing Knows better than you yourself.

All the best in selection of the career as engineer or IAS officer

Regards

~AdityA~
15th August 2011, 11:59 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i become I.A.S. Officer and Engineer? What is the duty of an IAS officer?

hi dear
How you carry both work at a time?
because all the 2 work has main work
IAS is the adminstrative work
and engineer build a country
So after complete your degree engineering you able to apply for IAS exam.............
16th August 2011, 12:05 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can i become I.A.S. Officer and Engineer? What is the duty of an IAS officer?

hi dear
How you carry both work at a time?
because all the 2 work has main work
IAS is the adminstrative work
and engineer build a country
So after complete your degree engineering you able to apply for IAS exam.............
16th August 2011, 12:17 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i become I.A.S. Officer and Engineer? What is the duty of an IAS officer?

hi dear
there are some criteria for IAS exam like....
*The candidates should be a graduate from engineering stream, from a recognize university.
*the age limit is 22 - 30 yrs.
relaxation for sc / st & obc candidates.
&this exam is conducted by upsc for mor details visit website

http://www.upsc.gov.in
here are some IAS officer of our india

good luck.....
16th August 2011, 12:22 AM
Sehwag6

Ya you can do it both . Because the eligibility for ias is graduation in any stream and age limit is 21 to 30years.first you finish btech graduation and then apply ias through upsc exams.all the best
16th August 2011, 12:42 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello dear

see, the responsibility for an IAS officer and a engineer is different.

IAS officer generally deal with administrative decision/work.

where as a engineer do technical jobs.

but after doing engineering you can as a IAS officer. but where you have do administrative work.

all the best...........
16th August 2011, 01:45 AM
deba93

Thumbs up Re: Can i become I.A.S. Officer and Engineer? What is the duty of an IAS officer?

Hello dear friend,
Let me first of all say you that it is not possible to carry both works simultaneously. Till now it is not recorded so that the person has done his works both as an Engineer and IAS officer simultaneously.

An Engineer is different from IAS officer. Engineer carries out technical works whereas IAS officer will be back of social works for which he is paid by the government which is nothing but the public again.

the main motto of IAS officer is to do welfare works for people on the name of government.
So there is no comparision between IAS job and Engineer Job it has lot of difference.

If you love to become Engineer then become engineer. and do your work sincerely and increase nations integrity technically.
if you believe that you can become IAS officer then become so and only concentrate on how to develop our mother land.

Don't think about both and come out . You will end up with the confusion at last fix for one and do the justice to what you select.

My suggestion is to believe your soul words and act according that . Nothing Knows better than you yourself.

All the best in selection of the career as engineer or IAS officer.
Hope this helps...
16th August 2011, 02:01 AM
deba93

Smile Re: Can i become I.A.S. Officer and Engineer? What is the duty of an IAS officer?

Hello dear friend,
Let me first of all say you that it is not possible to carry both works simultaneously. Till now it is not recorded so that the person has done his works both as an Engineer and IAS officer simultaneously.

the main motto of IAS officer is to do welfare works for people on the name of government.
So there is no comparision between IAS job and Engineer Job it has lot of difference.

Hope this helps...
27th December 2011, 03:31 PM
chint123

No it is not possible to carry both works simultaneously. Till now it is not recorded so that the person has done his works both as an Engineer and IAS officer simultaneously.
Engineer carries out technical works whereas IAS officer will be back of social works for which he is paid by the government which is nothing but the public again.

so it is sin to do anything wrong while doing job as IAS officer. Due to lack of knowledge you have told like that if you know what IAS is then you will not get this doubt.

the responsibility for an IAS officer and a engineer is different.

IAS officer generally deal with administrative decision/work.

where as a engineer do technical jobs.

but after doing engineering you can as a IAS officer. but where you have do administrative work.

All the best in selection of the career as engineer or IAS officer......
27th April 2012, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

I am studying diploma in electronics&communications.how can i become an IAS officer after B.TEC? Please suggest me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?