29th May 2013, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Can I do IAS and IPS through commerce stream? I have passed 10th class

Can i do IAS and IPS through commerce streem. My marks in Class 10th was 60% am i able to compet it

21st June 2013, 05:55 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do IAS and IPS through commerce stream? I have passed 10th class

You can join to IAS/IPS after completing graduation. Subject selected in graduation is not a matter for IAS. Selection to IAS is done on the basis of UPSC conducted written test (prelims and mains) and interview. For IPS, you need to qualify physical efficiency test also. Your age must be between 21 and 30 years, in order to apply for IAS.
7th July 2013, 10:31 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I do IAS and IPS through commerce stream? I have passed 10th class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i do IAS and IPS through commerce streem. My marks in Class 10th was 60% am i able to compet it
Recruitment's for Indian Administrative services are designed to give equal opportunities for all students, I mean students/candidates related to all the backgrounds viz. science, commerce, humanities, arts. To cut long story short. I have some positive news for you.

Yes you are eligible for most toughest and most intelligent exam of our country. UPSC is the governing body of this recruitment. Actually it is not only for IAS/IPS, it is also for many other civil services which are almost equal in power. I don't know how you got this thought to become IAS. But it is really a divine thought, an IAS aspirant should be high in IQ, high in character, high in optimism and many more traits are tested in the selection.

You have just completed 10th what so ever percentage. Its not over, still there is a long journey ahead of you that is you have to complete your graduation to be eligible for what you are aspiring. So in this span you can improve step by step in percentages. It is us who think I may not be able to cope up with the competition. But in reality that is not true. If you are determined and your idea has a cause to go with, you will definitely have that instinct in you to achieve whatever you want. If you just heard it is the most lucrative job in this current scenario. Then it is time to recheck your thought process. And go with what your heart says. It knows very well than your peers suggestions.

Hope I am not more philosophical, If you understand the deeper meaning you will get to know the logic behind all this. What we are destined for and what we are thinking about. If you want to become IAS officer then you will become. Don't worry about percentages. You will Improve and get ahead of the competition.

All the very best
17th July 2013, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do IAS and IPS through commerce stream? I have passed 10th class

Please tell me how to prepare for IPS topics that are read.
17th July 2013, 10:29 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
YES, you can apply for the IAS and IPS post even if you are studying in the Commerce Stream.

For this you have to appear in the UPSC Civil Services Exams

Minimum eligibilty to apply for the UPSC Civil Services exams is:

Education: Graduation pass in any stream from a recognized university
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation

Age- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC can apply till 33 years
SC/ST can apply till 35 years

Attempts/Chances: UPSC has also fixed number of attempts
General- 4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-No Restrictions

UPSC Civil Services Exams are held in three stages:
Prelims
MAINS
Interview
25th July 2013, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

How much salary does an ips get in any state of india?
25th July 2013, 01:36 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend........

You can eligible for the IAS & IPS through commerce stream.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

These both exams are conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should be origin of India.

Education Qualification:

Graduation complete

No percentage required.

Final appearing candidates are also eligible.

Age limit:

21 to 30 years.

Upper relaxation applicable

3 years for OBC

5 years for SC\ST

10 years for PWD.

No of Attempts:

General - 4times

OBC - 7times

Sc\ST - No limit

selection Process:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

Exam Pattern:

All the best............
15th August 2013, 09:05 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I do IAS and IPS through commerce stream? I have passed 10th class

Quote:
You can become an IAS or IPS officer after the completion of your graduation only. Graduation in any stream is sufficient to be eligible for the post of IAS or IPS. To become an IAS or IPS officer you have to apply for the civil service examination. Civil service examination is conducted by the Union Public service commission every year.

Civil service examination is conducted in 2 stages. Stage 1 is the preliminary examination and stage 2 is the main and interview. Those who get qualified the preliminary examination are only called for the mains examination

Education Qualification
Candidates applying for the civil service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Candidates in their final year or those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit
Candidates applying for the civil service examination should have age between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age will be given to special category candidates as per the govt. rules.

For more details you can also follow the below given link:
www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?