19th February 2011, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I become Income Tax officer at the age of 27 years? Are there any reservations for OBC students?

Hi.. This is krishna mouli k. Now i am 27 yrs old and pursuing CWA inter. At this age is there any possibility to become an income tax officer ? My cast comes under OBC category. Are there any reservations with regard to age and cast ?

Thanking you

28th May 2011, 07:31 AM
Neenubaby
Member+

Default Re: Can I become Income Tax officer at the age of 27 years? Are there any reservations for OBC students?

Hi,

The Staff Service Commission (S S C) conducts an entrance exam annually for the recruitment of candidates in the income tax department.
A series of written, oral and physical tests will be carried out for the selection of the candidates.
Those candidates who clear these tests will be called for an interview later.
Candidates who are applying for the post of Income tax officer must appear for the S S C exam.
The basic qualification required to apply for the S S C is a degree from a recognized University or its equal.
The candidates must be at least 18 years and not more than 27 years at the time of applying ( age relaxation is available for the candidates belonging to the backward classes).
The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3years for O B C candidates and 5 years for sc/st candidates.

So you can become an Income Tax Officer.

Best wishes.
26th August 2011, 01:02 AM
Mannu2525

Arrow Re: Can I become Income Tax officer at the age of 27 years? Are there any reservations for OBC students?

Income Tax officer - AGE LIMIT

◘ Income Tax officer exam is conducted by SSC per year. According to the eligibility requirement of SSC, A candidates age should be lie between 18 to 27 (At the time of exam).
◘ Age relaxation is given to reserve catagories candidates
> 5 years - SC/ST candidates
> 3 Years - OBC Candidates
> 5 Years - PH Candidates

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
27th February 2013, 12:07 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become Income Tax officer at the age of 27 years? Are there any reservations for OBC students?

Hi friend,

Income Tax officer exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.

ELIGIBILITY:

You should be citizen of india.

The applicant should complete the Graduation from any recognized university with any stream.

Candidate not required the percentage for this exam.

Age Limit:

Candidate age limit should be between 18 to 27 years.

The upper age relaxation is available for this exam.

3 year age relaxation for OBC

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST.

Selection Process:

Written Test

Interview

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?