2nd February 2012, 10:51 PM
prasenjit88

Can I do M.Tech in Civil Engineering without passing GATE?

Can I do M.tech in Civil Engineering With out GATE rank?
i wanna join mtech in this way.

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  2. Information about Non GATE exam(Civil Engineering)?
  3. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  4. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  5. Can I enter M.Tech civil in PSG college using GATE score? I am doing 3rd year civil engineering
  6. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  7. Which college will I get after passing B.E in Mechanical engineering?
  8. Is it mandatory to appear in GATE for study M.E.(Civil Engineering)? -- [New]
  9. GATE Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I apply for GATE for M.Tech Environmental course?
  11. Can I get a good job after doing AMIE Civil Engineering?
  12. Can I apply through GATe for M.Tech in Environmental engineering? I want to do M.Tech in Environmental Engineering
  13. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  14. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  15. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  16. Is it mandatory to appear in GATE for admission in M.E.?
  17. How to take admission in M.Tech after passing GATE CS with 31.33? How can I make use of GATE score?
  18. Which study material should I refer for GATE Civil Engineering? Last 10 years question papers of the GATE exam for Civil Engineering Students?
4th February 2012, 01:07 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech in Civil Engineering without passing GATE?

yes you may do M.Tech in civil engineering or any branch without appearing in GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering) examination. there are self sponsored seats in most of the institution. you may take admission in these seats without appearing in GATE examination. but if you take admission in M.Tech through GATE examination then there are some advantages like if you take admission through GATE score then you will get one stipend every month for your study. with GATE score you will also be able to choose good institution.

but if you take admission in self sponsored seat without GATE score then you will not get any stipend for your study. there are some good institution where there are some seats for self sponsored still they give priority if candidates try for the seats with having less GATE score. if you have less marks in GATE then you may try for these type of good institution in self sponsored seats.

there are some institution those take students in self sponsored seats with some reference. if you are working in a company or any organization if they refer you to take admission in any particular institution then you may get chance to take admission in M.Tech program without appearing in GATE examination.

i will suggest you if you really want to do your M.Tech from a good institution then appear in GATE examination with very good preparation. study attentively during your engineering then it will be more easy for you to clear the GATE examination. GATE score will provide you stipend as well as chance to take admission in good institution.

best of luck.
4th February 2012, 01:42 PM
22prakash

hi....
yes you can do M Tech without qualify GATE , Many Colleges allow non-gate candidates. You can join colleges in MP state specially because in MP there are lots of colleges available which provide non-gate M Tech.

but you will not get scholarship for study.

All the best....
4th February 2012, 06:29 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can get admission in M.tech course without passing GATE exam..

There are some universities those are taking non GATE candidates by conducting an entrance exam...
So, you can go for that entrance exam conducted by the particular university..
After qualifying in that entrance exam you can able to get admission in GATE exam..
One of such type of university is BITS PILANI..
They take GATE and Non GATE candidates both..
So, go for those entrance exams..
All the best.
27th March 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am a final year BTech studant in civil Engg: with an aggregate of 71% Upto 7 semester with non valid gate score (62) .I belongs to SC Category.Can I do M.Tech Through Non Gate ? If yes which institutions can i choose?
25th April 2012, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

im from electrical branch in btech .can i take mtech civil branch
29th April 2012, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I do M-Tech in Mechanical even my score is not valid? If so suggest me good colleges?
16th April 2013, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

can you please tell me the name of colleges , who offer the vacant seats for non gate qualified candidates in u.p, m.p....?
27th May 2013, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

plz give me BITS ENTRANCE EXAM previous quation papers for CIVIL ENINEERING students
28th May 2013, 12:46 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasenjit88 View Post
Can I do M.tech in Civil Engineering With out GATE rank?
i wanna join mtech in this way.
No you will not be able to take admission in GATE Exam without appearing in GATE Exam.You to require the rank Card of GATE Exam for taking admission in any M.Tech Colleges.

To appear in this exam,you will require these eligibility conditions to meet(in any one,you must have a qualification degree) :-
  • You should have a 4 years bachelor Engineering degree from recognized university.
  • You should have Post Graduation degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics.
  • You should have a Post Graduation degree in radio Physics/Wireless Technology.
Exam Syllabus for GATE Exam for Civil Engineering Branch

Engineering Mathematics

• Linear Algebra.
  • Calculas.
  • Differential Equations.
  • Complex Variables.
  • Probability and Statistics.
  • Numerical Methods.
Structural Engineering

• Mechanics.
  • Structural Analysis.
  • Concrete Structures.
  • Steel Structures.
Geo technical Engineering
  • Solid Mechanics.
  • Foundation Engineering.
Water Resource Engineering
  • Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics.
  • Hydrology.
  • Irrigation.
Environmental Engineering
  • Water Requirements.
  • Air Pollution.
  • Municipal Solid Wastes.
  • Noise Pollution.
Transportation Engineering
  • Highway Planning.
  • Traffic Engineering.
  • Importance of Surveying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?