21st September 2012, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for IAS entrance exam? I have passed graduation with BCA

Sir/Mam, i am saroj choudhary.. I passed greduation with BCA in 2012 from university of rajasthan. I wants to attend the IAS exam 2013 .. Sir i wants to select the optional subject computer science. Can i choose the optional computer science..?? Plz sir suggest me..

16th October 2012, 12:06 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IAS entrance exam? I have passed graduation with BCA

Yes, you are eligible for IAS. Bachelor degree is the basic qualification required. As BCA is a bachelor degree, you are eligible to apply. Also you can have computer science as the optional subject. You clear the exam before you turn 30 years or within 4 attempts. Further details can be collected from CSAT exam notification.
16th October 2012, 03:44 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IAS entrance exam? I have passed graduation with BCA

Hi friend,

Yes you are eligible for IAS exam after completing BCA.

IAS stands for Indian Adminstrative Service. This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

IAS exam is a civil service examination. The civil service exams are conducted UPSC.

ELIGIBILITY OF IAS EXAM:

Educational Qualification:

You should have pass the Bachelor degree or graduation in any recognized university.

The final year candidates are also eligible to become IAS Officer.

No percentage required.

Age limit:

The minimum age limit is above 21 years and maximum age limit is below 30 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable for other candidates.
3 years age relaxation for the OBC and 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Nationality:

Candidate nationality should be indian.

Male and female candidates are eligible to become IAS Officer.

NO OF ATTEMPTS:

General: 4
OBC: 7
SC/ST: No limit

Exam Pattern:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Personal Interview

For more information visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
16th October 2012, 05:27 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Yes,
you are eligible for IAS because you have completed your Graduation.Your age should be 21 years minimum If you belong to Reserved caste so,you have relaxation in age for you.

IAS exam Pattern:-
Prelims
Mains
Interview

Best book/guide for IAS preparation-

16th October 2012, 05:28 PM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Graduate course to become IAS Officer, IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.

Offline registration fees for civil service exam is 100/- and Online fees are 50/- .There is no registration fees for SC/ST/OBC and female candidate .

Exam date of 2013 is already announced in UPSC website.the exam date of UPSC Civil Service Exam 2013 is -

DATE OF NOTIFICATION :- 02.02.2013
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS :- 04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM :- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)
16th October 2012, 06:18 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Dear
Sir !!
You want to serve the nation, by joining INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (IAS), It is really appreciable.
As you have completed your graduation , so you fulfill the minimum educational requirement for being eligible for the This CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION,..

This Civil Service Examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year.

In order to become a IAS officer, you must have to crack this civil service examination, which has three stages to be clear...

1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3.INTERVIEW..

The educational eligibility for appear in this examination is a GRADUATION degree in any stream, but from a recognized college.

CSAT EXAM PATTERN--

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN CSAT-

AGE LIMIT--

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates ,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates..

No. of attempts--

4 for GENERAL candidates,
7 for the OBC candidate,
no such restriction for the SC\ST candidates..

For more information--

www.upsc.gov.in

THANK YOU!!!!
~gamble~
16th October 2012, 09:08 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IAS entrance exam as you are a BCA Graduate.

To become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam by applying and appearing for its exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three stages:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions

-Personal Interview

As you are interested for IAS, you can apply for Civil Service exam which the notification will come out in the early part of February 2013 followed by exam in the month of May 2013

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th October 2012, 09:33 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am saroj choudhary.I passed greduation with BCA in 2012 from university of rajasthan. I wants to attend the IAS exam 2013 .. Sir i wants to select the optional subject computer science. Can i choose the optional computer science..?? Plz sir suggest me.
Information Regarding Civil Services Examination.

Yes, definitely after completing the BCA course you are eligible to apply for the IAS examination. IAS job is consider as the one of the best job of India. It come in the Civil Services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in every year. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria for IAS examination.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Examination.
--> Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize board. Final year candidates can also apply.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. Upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IAS examination. As per your above mention question if you completed the BCA course in 2012 then according to cariteria you can definitely apply for the Civil Services examination.

For any more and complete information regarding the IAS examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in All the Best.
17th October 2012, 12:24 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

-Yes your are eligible for IAS exam with your BCA degree.

-There is no percentage criteria for eligibility in IAS exams. Hence you should be just a
Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.

-The age limit for IAS exam is 21 – 30 years if you are general category candidate.

-There is age relaxation available for SC/ST for 5 years , OBC for 3 years .

-So don’t worry about the eligibility and start preparing for IAS exam.

-You have to pass the IAS prelims, IAS mains and personal interview to become a IAS officer.

BEST OF LUCK...
17th October 2012, 12:55 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination for Indian Administrative Service. BCA is also considered as graduation course therefore Bachelor of Computer Applications graduates are eligible to appear for Indian Administrative Service.

Eligibility

1. You must be Indian citizen.

2. Age limit for IAS exam is 21 to 30 years as of August 1 of examination year.

3. Age limit for OBC is relaxed by 3 years.

4. As per government rule, age limit for SC/ST is relaxed by 5 years.

5. A bachelor degree is required to appear for Indian Administrative Service exam.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

This exam takes place in May. It is only a qualifying exam to appear for the Main Exam. The score of Preliminary exam is not added in the final tally. There are two papers in the Preliminary Exam. First one is General studies and other is optional subject.

2) Main Exam

The Main exam is conducted in August-September. To appear for main exam, candidate is required to first clear the preliminary exam. There are total of 9 papers in the main exams:

1. Indian Language

2. English Language

3. Essay

4. General Studies I

5. General Studies II

6. Optional Subject I (Paper I)

7. Optional Subject I (Paper II)

8. Optional Subject II (Paper I)

9. Optional Subject II (Paper II)

You can choose Computer Science as optional subject for main exam. It is always recommended to select subject which is related to your course.

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. Other Backward Class - 7

3. SC/ST - no restriction.
17th October 2012, 02:02 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.........

Yes, you are eligible for IAS Examination with your BCA degree

First of all you can crack the civil Examination , Civil Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly once

Educational Qualification for Civil Examination is

Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

Final year students also eligible for this examination

Age Limit

Basic Age limit for this examination is

Minimum age 21 years and maximum age is 30 years

and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as under

For SC/ST candidates 5 years relaxation

For OBC Candidates 3 years relaxation

Nationality

Candidates should be a citizen of India

Number of Attempts

maximum 4 attempts for General Candidates

maximum 7 attempts for OBC candidates

no restriction for SC/ST candidates

all the best........

Regards.......
Tash
18th October 2012, 07:47 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, i am saroj choudhary.. I passed greduation with BCA in 2012 from university of rajasthan. I wants to attend the IAS exam 2013 .. Sir i wants to select the optional subject computer science. Can i choose the optional computer science..?? Plz sir suggest me..
HI!
List of optional subject in I.A.S Exam:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

You have to chose any two optional subject.
You can chose according to your choice so that it will be easy for you for preparation.

ALL THE BEST!
15th April 2013, 11:24 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Saroj,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Yes definitely, you are eligible for the IAS examination.

The IAS examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The IAS officers are recruited by the Union government on the recommendation of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and posted under various State governments.

The selection procedure for the IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personnel interview.

The eligibility criteria required for the IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any accredited college or university.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBc and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for GEneral, 7 for OBc and no limits for SC/ST contenders.

IAS examination syllabus:-

IAS examination pattern:-

* Nationality:- Indian.

18th February 2014, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

How to addmission in IAS ? And which date/ month addmission are open?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?