27th August 2012, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible to sit for GATE entrance examination after studying B.Tech 2nd year ECE

Sir i am studying b.tech 2nd year ece,can i eligible for to sit in gate entrance examination of 2012?

21st September 2012, 03:39 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible to sit for GATE entrance examination after studying B.Tech 2nd year ECE

Upcoming GATE exam is scheduled for February 2013. You are not eligible to appear for this exam as you are still in the second year of engineering. Those who have completed engineering degree or those who are in the final year of their studies are only eligible. There are no age restrictions for applying this exam. You can collect detailed information from the prospectus of GATE and start preparation for the same.
26th August 2013, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I be eligible to sit for GATE entrance examination after studying B.Tech 2nd year ECE

I had two year gap after 10 2 and then doing b.tech ,now i am in final year , can i appear for a gate?
26th August 2013, 07:35 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had two year gap after 10 2 and then doing b.tech ,now i am in final year , can i appear for a gate?
YES, YOU can apply for the GATE exams

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the Exam conducted by IIT each year

Next GATE exams would be held in January 2014

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:

>> BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year student

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th

GATE PAPERS:
Aerospace Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Mathematics
Architecture and Planning
Mechanical Engineering
Biotechnology
Mining Engineering
Civil Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Physics
Computer Science and Information Technology
Production and Industrial Engineering
Chemistry
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Engineering Sciences
Electrical Engineering
Geology and Geophysics
26th August 2013, 09:26 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am studying b.tech 2nd year ece,can i eligible for to sit in gate entrance examination of 2012?
dear friend

GATE refers to 'graduate aptitude test

candidate has to ensure them self that they posses the GATE eligibility criteria.

its eligibility criteria includes=

educational qualification=

bachelor degree or master degree,BS ,B-Tech can apply for the exam

final year candidate can also appear for the exam.final year candidate had to get the sign from the principal in teh documents which they are submitting.

candidate should not have backlog in any subjects..

GATE online release of application form=2nd-sep-2013
last date of submission of online form is via website is =3rd -oct-2013
last date of submission of print application form is =10-oct-2013
GATE 2014 exam is =1 -feb-2014 to 2-march-2014

good luck

thank you
27th August 2013, 09:33 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for GATE after studying B.Tech. 2nd year ECE. The minimum qualification for GATE is B.Tech. Degree in any stream.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, is an entrance exam, conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs etc.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University, can apply for GATE.

There is neither any restriction on number of attempts to GATE nor any upper age limit to apply for GATE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?