20th March 2018, 02:20 AM
Aakashkr004

Can I get admission in 10th CBSE if failed in 9th standard?

I have not passed my 9th class. I am a student of CBSE Board. So, can I get admission in 10th class of CBSE Boar now?

31st March 2018, 11:17 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in 10th CBSE if failed in 9th standard?

No, you can't get admission in 10th standard CBSE Board after completion of your 9th standard. To be eligible to pursue 10th standard, you should have passed 9th standard in all subjects from a Government recognised board. If you have failed in any of the subjects in 9th standard then, you have to appear in supplementary examinations to get qualified, so that you will be allowed to pursue 10th standard.
31st March 2018, 12:39 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Sorry, it is not possible to get admission in 10th class if you have failed in 9th class. Most of the school do not allow the students to take admission in direct 10th.

For this, you have to clear your 9th class. But there are some schools which give admission in direct 10th class if you have failed in 9th class. It is possible if you will take admission through National Open School otherwise it is not possible.

So, try to clear 9th class after that you will be able to take admission in 10th class.
31st March 2018, 12:55 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

CBSE refers to Central Board of Secondary Education and same is a one of the three national board of education which offers education up to higher secondary level with its school all around India and aboard too.

As per the CBSE norms, the minimum age required for appearing in CBSE class 10th board examination ( All India Secondary School Examination, AISSE) is 14 years by the 1st October of that year in which students are pursuing his/her class 10th.
31st March 2018, 04:15 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can not get admission in class 10th if you have fail in class 9th.

It is not possible to get admission in other school in class 10th without passing 9th class.

So, first of all you have to pass the 9th class if you want to take admission in 10th class.

You can talk to your principle for taking exam of 9th again and if he/she agree then you should prepare well for exam. You should not waste the year and work hard. If principle doesn't give you chance then continue with 9th without thinking any thing.
31st March 2018, 04:56 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The eligibility to get admission in 10th standard in CBSE:

Student must have passed 9th standard and registered for board exam with selected subjects.

Those who fail in any subject are not allowed to get admission in tenth standard. CBSE norms are getting stricter day by day.
31st March 2018, 06:19 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you must pass 9th standard to promote to 10th standard. You should get qualified marks in 9th standard. It is same for CBSE, ICSE and state boards. You must read 9th standard again and clear the test, then you will be qualified for 10th admission. For your information you will be having supplies for one more chance of clearing test after failing in final exams.
31st March 2018, 06:24 PM
google girl
Senior Member+

No without passing 9th class you are not allowed to get promoted in 10th class.
You have to pass 9th class first then you will be promoted to 10th.
31st March 2018, 06:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Only ninth standard passed candidates are eligible for admission in 10th standard of Central Board of Secondary Admission.

You can not get admission in 10th CBSE if failed in 9th standard. You should clear failed subject and then get promoted to 10th standard.
31st March 2018, 06:51 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you have not passed class 9th examination then first of all you need to clear it next year. As because without passing 9th class you are not allowed to be promoted in next class for board exams.
31st March 2018, 07:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You have not passed 9th class then how can you get admission in the tenth standard.

For any student to study in the tenth standard, he must have passed ninth standard. Some schools conduct the re-examination of the ninth standard to give student one more chance to clear all subjects.

You can contact your administration of school for this aspect.
31st March 2018, 08:38 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to tell you but you are not eligible to get admission in 10th class of CBSE board without clearing class 9th. So, if you want to complete your Secondary education, you have to complete your 9th standard.
31st March 2018, 08:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You can not get admission in tenth standard after failing in ninth class.

Appear for ninth board exam again and pass to become eligible for admission in the standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?