28th July 2012, 09:43 PM

Can I get admission in Pune after completion of Diploma in Electrical stream with 69% of marks?

I got 69% in elecrical diploma.will i get admission in pune city?

Related Questions:
  1. List of institutes in Pune which offer Diploma in Electrical Engineering for 12th MCVC Electrical student? Minimum marks required in 12th for study Diploma program?
  2. Cutoff list of B.E 2nd year admission in Pune University? I have scored 74.41% marks in electrical diploma
  3. What are the best options in Pune after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  4. Admission to government colleges in Pune after completing diploma in electrical engineering with 79.25 marks?
  5. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  6. How may i get admission through lateral entry in DTU after completion of my electrical engineering diploma?
  7. How to take admission in Pune for external B.E after completing diploma in electrical
  8. How to take admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Electrical Diploma?
  9. Minimum Eligibility criteria to get admission for BE in Electrical in Mumbai or Pune? What will be the fee structure for this course?
  10. Institutes of engineering which are offering electrical branch in Pune? I have completed diploma in electrical
  11. How many semester's marks are including in degree from diploma, in G.T.U? How can I get admission in electrical engineering degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I change my stream in B.Tech after Diploma in Electronics? Which stream should I choose Mechanical or Electrical? -- [New]
  13. How to take admission in AMIE after completion of 3 years diploma in electrical engineering
  14. How to do diploma in electrical/electronics from Pune(Distance Education)?
  15. What are the options in Pune after completing diploma in Electrical Engineering? Names of the colleges?
  16. How to get admission for B.Tech after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  17. Admission after diploma to degree in reputed university at Pune?
  18. Can I study Mechanical or Civil or Electrical in Diploma if secured 2126 rank in JEXPO?
13th October 2012, 09:52 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in Pune after completion of Diploma in Electrical stream with 69% of marks?

I believe you want admission in B.Tech since you have completed diploma in electrical engineering. Yes you can get admission for B.Tech that too in the Pune city. although there is no guarentee of that.

Students who have completed diploma in engineering are entitled to get admission in second year of B.Tech course. This scheme is also offered to candidates who have completed Bachelor of Science degree.

The admission is given under the scheme of lateral entry. This allows diploma and B.Sc graduates to apply for B.Tech course.

It is quite common thesedays to seek admission through lateral entry. Mostly all college reserve some seats for the lateral entry candidates. It is generally around 10 percent of total engineering seats in the college.

You need to score at least 60 percent marks in diploma to seek lateral entry. Since you have scored 69 percent, you can easily seek admission for B.Tech. The admission is given both on merit and through entrance exam.

Some colleges offer admission on merit. They call students for counselling. You can see which Engineering colleges in Pune do that to get direct admission. While there are some colleges that would offer admission on the basis of entrance exam called LEET.

The LEET entrance exam is conducted by various states in the country. There are some colleges that conducts their own entrance exam.

When applying for B.Tech, I would recommend to pick the same stream in which you completed diploma. It becomes very difficult to cope in different stream from 4th semester. Often students find it very difficult.
13th October 2012, 05:24 PM
azhardon

Default Re: Can I get admission in Pune after completion of Diploma in Electrical stream with 69% of marks?

hi,
I believe you want admission in B.Tech since you have completed diploma in electrical engineering. Yes you can get admission for B.Tech that too in the Pune city. although there is no guarentee of that.

Students who have completed diploma in engineering are entitled to get admission in second year of B.Tech course. This scheme is also offered to candidates who have completed Bachelor of Science degree.

The admission is given under the scheme of lateral entry. This allows diploma and B.Sc graduates to apply for B.Tech course.

It is quite common thesedays to seek admission through lateral entry. Mostly all college reserve some seats for the lateral entry candidates. It is generally around 10 percent of total engineering seats in the college.

You need to score at least 60 percent marks in diploma to seek lateral entry. Since you have scored 69 percent, you can easily seek admission for B.Tech. The admission is given both on merit and through entrance exam.

Some colleges offer admission on merit. They call students for counselling. You can see which Engineering colleges in Pune do that to get direct admission. While there are some colleges that would offer admission on the basis of entrance exam called LEET.

The LEET entrance exam is conducted by various states in the country. There are some colleges that conducts their own entrance exam.

When applying for B.Tech, I would recommend to pick the same stream in which you completed diploma. It becomes very difficult to cope in different stream from 4th semester. Often students find it very difficult.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?