20th March 2018, 09:58 AM

Can I get admission to study in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year without LEET being a Physics postgraduate?

I have done my BSc in Physics and MSc too with same stream. But I want to go for admission in B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering in 2nd year. Can I go on basis of my BSc degree and without giving LEET exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Does the diploma holders those who don't have XII qualification can appear in JEE for lateral entry in B.Tech?
  2. Admission in BTech 2nd year through LEET for Diploma in Civil Engineering final year student? -- [New]
  3. What is the difference between ECT and LEET? Through LEET how can I get admission in B.Tech 2nd year after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Whether LEET is state level entrance exam?
  4. In which college of Mumbai should I apply directly to study B.Tech 2nd year with 79.88% in final year of Diploma Civil?
  5. How can I get admission in Anna University for 2nd year BE Printing Technology after completing 3 year Diploma in Printing Technology?
  6. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at PEC through LEET being a diploma student in Electrical Engineering? Examination date and syllabus of LEET?
  7. Additional courses available to study for Diploma Automobile Engineer?
  8. What is the admission procedure followed for getting Engineering course after completion of Diploma course?
  9. Possibility to get admission in B.E. 2nd year for Diploma Ceramic holder? Documents required to apply?
  10. Which government colleges in India offer seats for direct admission 2nd year through LEET exam? Does PEC Chandigarh offer any seats for LEET qualifying students?
  11. What is the procedure of getting admission in B.Tech in 2nd year through LEET?
  12. What is the procedure to get admission in B.Tech in 2nd year through LEET
  13. How to get in VIT after completing Polytechnic? From where to get the application form? How much percentage is required?
  14. Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in Mumbai University for M.Phil postgraduate of Kerala? Possibility to get direct admission?
  15. Rules regarding LEET to get education loan from bank authorities?
  16. List of various LEET colleges in different states for direct 2nd year admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. JEE main eligibility after polytechnic?
  18. How can I get admission to study B.E.(Chemical Engineering) in Thapar University through LEET?
31st March 2018, 12:33 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year without LEET being a Physics postgraduate?

No, you can't get admission in second year of B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) course without appearing in LEET examination. Admissions in second year of B.Tech course are offered only through lateral entry examinations conducted by the respective state technical board of education. So, without appearing in LEET examination, you are not eligible to get admission in second year of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering course.
31st March 2018, 04:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year without LEET being a Physics postgraduate?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course after completion of master degree in physics.

There is no lateral entry provision in the B.Tech course after master degree in science.

Only candidates with diploma qualification are eligible for admission through lateral entry.

So, you have to appear for entrance examination conducted by various institutes to get admission in the B.Tech course. You are eligible to get admission in 1st year only.
31st March 2018, 05:15 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for LEET exam:

Academic qualification: Diploma in engineering or Bachelor's degree in science from a recognized institute.

Percentage of marks required is 60%.

You can not admission without LEET score. You must clear LEET exam for admission in second year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
31st March 2018, 05:47 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Admission in B.Tech course is only for diploma candidates.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course if you have completed the bachelor or master degree in physics.
31st March 2018, 06:11 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission for B.Tech mechanical engineering after completing post graduation. You can get admission based on your 10+2 or its equivalent education but not based on your post graduation level degree.

If you have studied diploma in past then it will be better to apply for LEET exam or if you have studied 12th class then there are many entrance exams through which you can get admission for B.Tech. If you want to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year then you need to attend for LEET or ECET exam.
You need to attend any entrance exam and qualify in the exam so that you can get admission for B.Tech.
31st March 2018, 06:23 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

According to me, this is not possible to get admission in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd Year on the basis of your B.Sc degree in Physics. If you want to do B.Tech then you can get admission in 1st year.
31st March 2018, 06:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Science candidates are eligible for admission in Bachelor of Technology through Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for LEET exam:

B.Sc or Diploma candidate should have a minimum of 60% marks to apply for this exam.

You can apply for LEET exam of your state for admission in the second year of B.Tech course. Without LEET, you can not get admission.
31st March 2018, 07:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Without Lateral Entry Entrance Test, you can not get admission in the second year of engineering directly.

B.Sc in Physics candidates are eligible for this examination. The only requirement is that you should have at least 60% marks in B.Sc.

LEET application forms are available in May to June every year.
31st March 2018, 08:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, scorecard of Lateral Entry Entrance Test is mandatory for admission in the second year of Bachelor of Technology. State Technical University conduct Lateral Entry Entrance Test for diploma and B.Sc candidates who want to get admission directly in the second year of engineering.

You should apply for LEET exam of your state. Your rank will decide your college and stream in which you will get admission. The minimum percentage of marks required to apply for LEET exam in Bachelor's degree in science is 60%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?