5th November 2012, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job after doing engineering in EC branch with 65% aggregate

hi..i'm doing engineering in EC branch and my aggregate of 65%...can i get a job?

6th November 2012, 08:11 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job after doing engineering in EC branch with 65% aggregate

Your percentage is excellent. If you maintained it throughout the course then the prospect of getting a good job are very bright for you. You will be able to apply for job in government and private sector. Below are some options.

Information Technology

You should consider working in IT sector. It is well known that IT sector recruits more Electronics and Communication Engineers then any other sector. In fact Infosys hires more ECE then any other company.

However to get job in IT sector your performance in 10th and 12th will also be evaluated. If you scored 60 percent and above in both 10th and 12th, then you can definitely get job in one of these companies:

Microsoft

Infosys

IBM

Wipro

HCL

Accenture

TCS

Tech Mahindra

Satyam

Consumer Electronics

The safest field for Electronics and Communication Engineers is considered to be Consumer Electronics. Companies that manufactures A/C, Television, LCD, Refregator, Microwave etc also hire ECE. Consumer Electronics is ever green field for the Engineering graduates.

Electrolux

Samsung

Videocon

Whirphool

Onida

Godrej

B]Public Sector Undertaking[/B]

In government sector, you can apply for job in Public Sector Undertakings. These companies conducts a exam tor recruit engineers. The main criteria to appear for exam is that you should have 60 percent marks in B.Tech. Apart from that you should also have a valid GATE score.

BHEL

Indian Railways

NTPC

IOCL

ECIL

SAIL

NALCO

BPCL

HPCL

BEL

ONGC

ISRO

DRDO
6th November 2012, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a job after doing engineering in EC branch with 65% aggregate

opportunities after b.tech 66% in electronics and instrumentation
6th November 2012, 01:09 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

As you are nearby to complete engineering for Electronics and Communication and I guessed that you are a B.Tech 3 year EC branch student, you can find job opportunities in a variety of environments in academia, research, industry, government, private, business organizations and so on. As you asked for Job, the Software and IT companies are the major employers of EC Engineering graduates. Other jobs are also exist there. So, you are eligible to apply for jobs from final year onwards also. As far as my knowledge the Government sector jobs you can apply for through PSU examination conduct through companies like:
1. BHEL / ECIL
2. ISRO
3. NTPC
4. BSNL
5. DRDL
6. DRDO
7. NTPC
8. POWER GRID
9. POWER PLANT
10. UPPCL
11. GAIL
12. ONGC and so on.

While Private sector:
1. Infosys
2. TCS
3. Wipro
4. Mind tree
5. Honeywell
6. CTS etc.
7. IBM
8. CAPGEMINI
9. HCL
10. Simens and many more

And if you wish you can pursue for further higher study also with career options as it is better to attend the GATE entrance examination and It helps you go for higher education and also to secure good job openings in the public sectors in organizations.

You can also continue study further by joining ME / M.Tech programs offered by various engineering Colleges / Universities including the IITs and NITs. While a GATE qualification can further make one’s admission process easier as I mentioned just above.

Your career opportunity in not ending here, If you are interested in getting a very good job, you can appear for the examination for IES (INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES) in the final year or after completion of graduation that have also a very good start for Government jobs.

Further I am going to mention that, you can also apply for the posts of the JTO that is Junior Telecoms Officer.
6th November 2012, 04:12 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

You have got more than average percentage in your degree, so, you will definitely get jobs.

You can try in these industries -

Engineering Companies.

Heavy Machinery companies

Consumer Durables companies

Electronic products companies etc.

You can also try in public sector -

HAL, BHEL, ONGC, GAIL, NTPC, BHEL

Notification of public companies are advertised in newspapers.
6th November 2012, 07:09 PM
srikanth0438

hi...friend..................

you have got good percentage on your degree.....along with four years,

then you will get definitely jobs from public and private sectors..................

with in the four years your improving your skills like communication and technical areas..

In public sectors you have so many opportunities there like BHEL,ECIL,NTPC through GATE score......

In private sectors so many software companies are there like ibm, infosys,tcs, wipro like...so you have focus on the programming languages like c,java so and so....................

thank you..............all the best
28th November 2012, 12:17 PM
Viraj0013

Dear friends

Information Technology

You should consider working in IT sector. It is well known that IT sector recruits more Electronics and Communication Engineers then any other sector. In fact Infosys hires more ECE then any other company.

However to get job in IT sector your performance in 10th and 12th will also be evaluated. If you scored 60 percent and above in both 10th and 12th, then you can definitely get job in one of these companies:

1. BHEL / ECIL

2. ISRO

3. NTPC

4. BSNL

5. DRDL

6. DRDO

7. NTPC

8. POWER GRID

9. POWER PLANT

10. UPPCL

11. GAIL

12. ONGC and so on.

While Private sector:

1. Infosys

2. TCS

3. Wipro

4. Mind tree

5. Honeywell

6. CTS etc.

7. IBM

8. CAPGEMINI

9. HCL

10. Simens and many more

28th December 2012, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

how can i get a job after completing B.e. from E.C branch ?
18th January 2013, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

sir which type of other extra courses with degree helpful to get job for electronics and communication engineers??
23rd February 2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in second year of B.E. from E.C. branch and scored an aggregate of 70% in first year..........so what will be more gainful field for me.......P.L.C. programming or Software developement?????????
1st June 2013, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

is ec is a secure branch
17th July 2013, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Which branch have more chance in govt sector EE OR EC
14th August 2013, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

I completed my BE in EC, and I want to further study in master but in master which course is prefereble- master in communication or master in signal processing & communication
29th August 2013, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

I AM RUNNING IN E.C ENGINEERING BUT I AM NOT DECITED WHICH FIELD IS BEST FOR AFTER COMPLETING B.E IN E.C?
26th October 2013, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

sir am doing electronics communication engineering 3rd year....now what are the extra efforts i want to take for my future career ??
8th December 2013, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

sir am doing electronics communication engineering 4rth year....now what are the extra efforts i want to take for my future career? I want job in HCL,WIPRO, STEEL PLANT ETC.

Swarnika Jaiswal Ranchi 09778858798
12th February 2014, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job in R&D department after doing engineering in ECE branch with 70% aggregate marks with no experience.
13th February 2014, 10:25 AM
SATYAVATHI KOTTURU
Member+

Hi..
so many jobs are wating for ec engineers....
first attempt gate,psu,ies as your interest........
gate score is basis for psu's.....all the best
17th March 2015, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

i am 2nd year student but due to some problem ican not concentrate my study but this left 2 year what can i preparared for the good jobs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?