2nd July 2015, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Can i become Custom or Excise Officers being a B.Tech student?

Can i become Custom or Excise Officers being a B.Tech student?

3rd July 2015, 09:03 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i become Custom or Excise Officers being a B.Tech student?

You will become " Custom or Excise Officer " with your qualification. For this you need to give an exam called " Combined Graduate Level exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission ".

Or You can get a Job in Central and Excise department through Civil Services Exam. In fact all people thought that " Civil Services " is Only for IAS, IPS or IFS.Not like You can get different department jobs through Civil Services.

Combined Graduate Level Examination details :

>> Selection process will be based on different rounds.

* Tier I

* Tier II

* Tier III ( Interview).

Once you cleared the All three tier's then you will get a job based on your preference which is put in by you at the time of Application process.
3rd July 2015, 12:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become the Custom or the Excise officer after pursuing the B.tech.
But you need to qualify in the SSC CGL entrance examination conducted by the SSC every year.

CGL stands for the Combined Graduate Level Examination and it is conducted by the SSC every year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognised university in any discipline.
* Candidate age must be between 18-27 years and relaxation in age for the reseved category candidate.

The last date foe the 2015 application is closed. So you have to wait for the next year. The examination is conducted in three stages as the Tier - I and the Tier-II and after qualifying the both you have to go through the Interview.

So you can start your preparation and to get the information in details visit at the www.ssconline.nic.in
3rd July 2015, 08:10 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become Custom or Excise officers. Here are some of the details about the posts.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be between 18-27 years.

* Candidates should have minimum of qualification of bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university or institution.

* Candidates should secure 55% marks in their qualifying examination.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam to these posts.

SELECTION PROCESS :

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.

The candidates should qualify to go to the further stage in the selection process.
3rd July 2015, 09:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You can become Custom Officer or Excise Officer after completion of B.Tech. The minimum educational qualification required to become either Custom Officer or Excise Officer is "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" from a recognized university. So you are eligible to become Excise Officer or Custom Officer only after completion of B.Tech. To become Excise or Custom officer you are required to give Combined Graduate Level Examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission every year. And you need to give "Custom" or Excise Officer as your first preference while giving order of preferences. You need to choose the Excise Officer as your first preferences in Central Board of Excise and Customs department. Candidates who are pursuing their Final year of B.Tech or B.Tech completed graduates are eligible to appear in SSC CGL Recruitment Examination.
3rd July 2015, 10:52 PM
mwh

SSC(STAGE SELECTION COMMITTEE) will be conduct examination for posts in customs and excise departments
eligibilities: age:18-27 yrs for inspection of income tax, 22-27 yrs for assistant and sub inspector in CBI.
Nationality: resident of india, nepal, bhutan.
Education qualification: degree of recognised university or equivalent.
Candidate who have yet to appear at degree exam are not eligible .
Selection process: preliminary stage, main stage.
7th July 2015, 06:26 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends..........

Yes, you can apply for this exam.

About Custom Officer:

Nice to take this officer and this department comes under the revenue department of ministry of finance and this is control the import and export of goods for check on the entry of prohibited and restricted goods.

If you want to become a custom officer then you must qualifying the civil services exams and this is conducted by the UPSC.

civil service exams provide the 27 different services like;.. Indian Customs & Central Excise Services.

And for this exam the selection processor is conducted by 2 parts like;..Preliminary and Main exam.

Apart form first conducted the preliminary exam after qualifying called for main exam and after selecting the above mention 2 exams you can go chennai for training in customs department .

Eligibility Criteria:

- For this exam you should pass the bachelor of degree with above 55% of marks.

- And age limit should be 19 yrs.

- Indian citizenship

Required Qualities :

For this position you need to have the vehicle license and ability to work flexible schedules and you have the reliable transportation.

And you don't used drugs of any kind and you should complete all training required for the desired position and you must be able to activate radio or telephone equipment and console monitors.

Preparation :

For this exam you need to prepare every day because of this is getting very difficult and for written test syllabus like;. current affairs and general awareness .

For this you can read daily newspapers regularly and you should have good knowledge in English, G.K, and basic Mathematics etc.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?