9th May 2017, 01:03 PM
Gayathri sadagopan jeeva

Can I get a seat in IIT having 40 marks in JEE Main OBC category?

I got 40 marks in Jee main under obc category can i get seat in IIT. Please, guide me I am in Chennai other states also ok for me. I am very eager to your reply please help me.

Related Questions:
  1. JEE Main Cut off marks for OBC candidate to take admission in IIT colleges?
  2. Can I get admission in NIT with 112 marks in JEE Main and 70% in 12th RBSE being an OBC candidate?
  3. Minimum marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT for an OBC candidate?
  4. Will I get preparatory course seat in IIT after scoring 97 marks in IIT JEE under ST category? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Will I get a seat with 33 marks in IIT JEE under OC category?
  6. Can I get admission in IIT college if scored 91 marks in JEE Main and belongs to SC category?
  7. How much marks in JEE required for admission in top 5 colleges of EEE group for an OBC candidate?
  8. Will I get a seat for MEC or E&C in any NIT? I have scored 38 marks in JEE mains
  9. Which college will get after scoring 82 marks in JEE Main?
  10. Can I get a seat in Preparatory course after scoring 59 marks in IIT JEE? I am from SC category
  11. What should we do to join NIT's having 93 marks in JEE Main OBC category?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for NIT and IIT if I get 100 marks in JEE Mains but have only 59 percentage marks in 12th?
  13. Can I expect seat with a score of 76 marks in IIT-JEE being a candidate from SC category?
  14. Cutoff marks required to qualify in JEE Main for OBC candidates?
  15. Can I get admission into NIT with 74 marks in JEE?
  16. Can I get admission in NIT, Nagpur through Home State quota with 128 marks in JEE Main and 90% in Board exam? Expected rank through OBC and female quota?
  17. Can I get admission in IIT with 113 marks in JEE Advanced being an OBC candidate?
  18. Can I get a seat in NIT Warangal or any NIT or IIT after scoring 130 marks in JEE entrance exam?
9th May 2017, 08:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a seat in IIT having 40 marks in JEE Main OBC category?

No, you can't get a seat in IIT after securing 40 marks in JEE Main examination. To be eligible to get admission in IIT, you should have passed and secured top 2,00,000 rank in JEE Main examination and should have secured good rank in JEE Advanced examination. Since, you have secured very less marks in JEE Main examination, you are not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced examination and you can't get admission in IIT for pursuing your higher studies.
9th May 2017, 10:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a seat in IIT having 40 marks in JEE Main OBC category?

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology and same are known to be the best technical colleges of India.

As far as you are concerned about possibility of your admission in IITs having managed 40 marks in JEE Main and belong to OBC category then I would like to let you know that you are certainly not eligible for the same as admission in same you need to qualify JEE Advanced i.e; Stage II of JEE and for appearing in which your minimum marks in JEE Main must be at least 49 marks as you belong to general category.

For more details about JEE Main and admission procedure of CFTIs like IIT, NIT , etc. you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?