27th June 2016, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Cutoff marks required to qualify in JEE Main for OBC candidates?

Hi,
I am an OBC student and appeared in JEE Main. I would like to know that how many cutoff marks to be scored in JEE Main to qualify for OBC candidates? Kindly tell me about this asap!

27th June 2016, 06:55 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff marks required to qualify in JEE Main for OBC candidates?

Cutoff marks of JEE Main means the minimum score that is required by candidates for appearing in the second stage of JEE, i.e., JEE Advanced.

Cutoff marks required to qualify in JEE Main 2016 :-

General - 100 marks

OBC-NCL - 70 marks

SC - 52 marks

ST - 48 marks .
27th June 2016, 12:07 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The JEE Main result for 2016 is declared and so if you want to get your result visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.

The cut off score for the OBC candidates is 70 marks out of 360 marks.

The examination is conducted for admission of candidates in engineering courses in government and private colleges.
27th June 2016, 01:00 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Cut off marks of JEE main will varies every year. In 2015 the JEE main cut off for OBC category is 70 marks and in 2014 it is 74 marks for the same OBC category. JEE Main 2016 cut off is determined by comparative scoring pattern of the test takers in the exam. Most of the coaching experts had suggested that cutoff might be lower this year.
27th June 2016, 03:39 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to predict exact cut off marks needed to qualify JEE Mains for any student either obc or general candidate.
Candidate must have to score around 150 marks for obc to qualify in JEE Mains. But for other candidates it increases. So you need to labour hard to achieve your goal.
27th June 2016, 05:29 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you have appeared in JEE Main in 2016. The final result and even the rank for the JEE Main examination is also declared.

JEE examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. There is different cut off for different category candidates.

For OBC candidates the cut off score for Main stage is 70 marks while for the General it was 100 marks.

You can check your result at www.cbse.nic.in.
27th June 2016, 06:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is the entrance test conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for admission in various engineering disciplines in different engineering colleges of India like IITs, NITs and other government engineering colleges. This examination has two stages namely JEE Main and Advanced.

The cut off marks for JEE Main for candidates of different category was:

>>General candidate: 100 marks.

>>OBC candidates: 81 marks.

>>SC/ST candidates: 52 and 48 marks.

Hence, you can see the cut off marks for OBC candidate was 81 marks.
27th June 2016, 10:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and the same examination is held once every year for selection of students for their undergraduate technical courses from top government colleges like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM and other centrally funded government institutes of technology.

The same examination comprises of two stages which involves JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

As far as you are concerned about the cutoffs for qualifying JEE Main so that you can appear in JEE Advance then I will want to make you clear that the cutoffs marks are not fixed and fluctuates depending upon the difficulty level of examination and overall performance of students appearing in the same examination.

For this year the general category candidates cutoff for the same was 100 marks out of 360 marks where as for OBC category candidates it was 70 marks which was 74 marks for the last year JEE Main.

For more details about the question pattern, procedure of normalisation of marks and cutoffs for different categories you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
27th June 2016, 11:40 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The cut off marks for candidates of different category in Joint Entrance Exam Main, 2016:

1. General candidate: 100 marks out of 360.

2. OBC candidate: 81 marks.

3. SC candidates: 52 marks.

4 ST candidate; 48 marks.

If you have scored more than 81 marks then you have qualified in JEE Main otherwise not.
28th June 2016, 12:18 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am an OBC student and appeared in JEE Main. I would like to know that how many cutoff marks to be scored in JEE Main to qualify for OBC candidates? Kindly tell me about this asap!
JEE mains 2016 expected cut off marks was published by some reputed institutions.
Gen - 135 marks
OBC NCL - 110 marks
SC - 84 marks
ST - 75 marks
However, In order to get admission you must attained any counselling they will guide & navigate you to choose best college or subject according to your interest, passion and scope.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?