18th October 2011, 11:35 PM
deb chatterjee

Can I get seat for IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th with an aggregate of 60% and with the height of 176 cms and weight of 62 kilograms?

i am 12passed with 60% age 18. hight 176 cms waight 62 kilograms.can i seat in ips exam?

19th October 2011, 11:51 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get seat for IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th with an aggregate of 60% and with the height of 176 cms and weight of 62 kilograms?

Irrespective of physical requirements, you are not eligible for IPS Exam. Because the minimum qualification with which you can appear for IPS Exam is by having a Graduation degree.

Soon after the completion of your Graduation degree, appear for civil services examination which is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) in order to be placed in IPS.

The selection procedure to become IPS Officer is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

I suggest you to choose the optional subjects now itself and know the syllabus for those subjects and start preparation for civil services exam.

There is full competition for this exam. So, make your preparation in such a way that you can give good performance in the entrance exam.

For more information on civil services exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
19th October 2011, 02:01 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get seat for IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th with an aggregate of 60% and with the height of 176 cms and weight of 62 kilograms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb chatterjee View Post
i am 12passed with 60% age 18. hight 176 cms waight 62 kilograms.can i seat in ips exam?
Dear Frined,

For the selection of IPS officer one has to appear in the Civil Service Examination. Examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria for the Civil Service Examinaiton is that the candidate must be a graduate from a recognized Institution and the age of the candidate must be between 21 years to 30 years.

So therefore I suggest you to first complete your Graduation from a recognized Institution and then apply for the civil service examination.

You can prepare for the examination from this stage. You can prepare for the apptitude test,english test and work on your speed.

Best Wishes....
19th October 2011, 04:58 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Deb,
To be eligible for the Indian Police, first of all, you need to qualify the bachelors degree examination, because the minimum qualification required to be eligible for the civil service exam is graduate. If you are not a graduate, you are not eligible to write the exam.
Apart from being a graduate, you also need to be within the eligible age, which is between 21-30 years.
For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
19th October 2011, 06:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
ELIGIBLE OR NOT FOR IPS EXAM

You have just completed 12th standard . 12 th standard are not eligible for IPS exam.Also you are physically not matched to the IPS criteria.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.

In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

EXAM DATE:-

Notification Date - 04/02/2012
Last date of application - 05/03/2012
Preliminary examination - 20/05/2012.
19th October 2011, 07:21 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

With out graduation degree , the physical data are irrelevant .because, the minimum eligibility for appear in this exam you must have graduation degree, in any stream.
so, at the present you are not eligible for this exam, so you must have to complete your graduation.

This civil service examination is conducted by UPSC .
the age limit for this exam is 21-30,.for a general candidate.
the age limit for OBC candidates are 21-33,.
the age limit for SC\ST candidates are 21-35 years.

this civil service examination has three stages-
1.CSAT\PRE
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW..

AS YOU ARE A PHYSICALLY FIT CANDIDATE, SO, IN MY OPINION YOU WILL NOT FACE ANY KIND OF PROBLEM DURING PHYSICAL CHECKUP FOR THIS EXAM.
19th October 2011, 07:22 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

With out graduation degree , the physical data are irrelevant .because, the minimum eligibility for appear in this exam you must have graduation degree, in any stream.
so, at the present you are not eligible for this exam, so you must have to complete your graduation.

This civil service examination is conducted by UPSC .
the age limit for this exam is 21-30,.for a general candidate.
the age limit for OBC candidates are 21-33,.
the age limit for SC\ST candidates are 21-35 years.

this civil service examination has three stages-
1.CSAT\PRE
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW..

AS YOU ARE A PHYSICALLY FIT CANDIDATE, SO, IN MY OPINION YOU WILL NOT FACE ANY KIND OF PROBLEM DURING PHYSICAL CHECKUP FOR THIS EXAM.
15th November 2011, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

As myself doing mbbs, which are best optional subjects for me?
16th March 2012, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

after getting 74% inaggregate in10th and60%in aggregate in12th and degree80%....with allphysical fitness ok....ami elegible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?