2nd August 2016, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech with 55% marks in 12th?

Hi Sir, I am Sumit Kumar from Jharkhand. I have secured 55% marks in 12th Class. I am pursuing B.Tech from Mechanical Engineering branch and Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech? Will my 12th marks affect me to join Merchant Navy?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  2. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  3. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing class 12th (PCM) scoring 64% marks? -- [New]
  4. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  5. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  6. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  7. Can I join Merchant Navy after Graduation if I secure less than 60% marks in 12th?
  8. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can a Btech ECE join Merchant Navy?
  10. Am I eligible to join merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc with 54% marks?
  11. Can I join Merchant Navy directly after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  13. Procedure to join Merchant Navy for 12th Candidates?
  14. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.E? I am studying in 12th grade
  15. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  16. How to join Merchant Navy for B.Tech Electronics and Instrumentation having secured 57% in 12th?
  17. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of B.Sc graduation course with 54% marks?
  18. Is it possible to join MErchant Navy after completion of Diploma without 12th?
4th August 2016, 10:40 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech with 55% marks in 12th?

Yes definitely you can join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech.

The following are the eligibility criteria required for joining merchant navy:----

->>The Candidates passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course

->>The applicants should have passed B.E/B Tech with minimum 55% marks

->>You will have to pass a medical test

->>You should be physically and Mentally fit.
4th August 2016, 09:19 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech with 55% marks in 12th?

Yes, you can very much join Merchant Navy after completion of your B.Tech(Mechanical), there is no such problem in it.

You can avail the job post of Engine Cadet/Fifth Officer/Junior Engineer if you fulfill the eligibility condition for enrollment.

You should however keep on looking for vacancies in any shipping company as and when any such notification is released and should apply for the post at the earliest.

You will however have to opt for a pre-sea training course under any recognized Marine Institute and after that you will be every much eligible to avail the job post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?