27th April 2010, 10:51 AM
rohit123magic58

Can I join indian army after 12th directly?

hai , my name is rohith. iam waiting 4 my 10+2 result.How can i join indian army in direct methods

27th April 2010, 03:47 PM
nandhinikuttyrajan

Smile Re: Can I join indian army after 12th directly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit123magic58 View Post
hai , my name is rohith. iam waiting 4 my 10+2 result.How can i join indian army in direct methods
national defence academy
a.Month of Commencement of Course each year
January and July

b.Age at the time of joining
161/2-19 years

c.Educational Qualification
Class 12 of the 10+2 system of education, or equivalent

d.Mode of selection
NDA exam by UPSC and SSB interview

e.How to Apply
Apply in response to advertisement in March/April & Oct./Nov.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Indian Military Academy

Direct Entry
Month of Commencement of Course each year
January and July

Age at the time of joining
19-24 years

Educational Qualification
Degree or equivalent at the time of joining the course

Mode of selection
Combined Defence Exam (CDSE) conducted by UPSC and SSB interview

How to Apply
Apply in response to advertisement in March/April & Oct./Nov.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
best of luck
27th April 2010, 08:13 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I join indian army after 12th directly?

dear,
you can join Indian Army after 12th also......there are following entries for it :-

1. you can appear for NDA exam which is conducted twice in a year time.....the application form is available at the post office near you at the coat of 20 only...
after clearing the exam you will be called for an interview and physical along with other tests combinely called as SSB

2.the second entry is called as technical entry and for this you dont have to appear for any exams your selection for the SSB will be based on your percentage in 12th exams......

read employment news paper for notifications......you can also visit the official websites for Indian Army for more details.......

best of luck
30th April 2010, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

which would be better joining after 12th or after graduation ?????????????????
plz rply
1st May 2010, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

technical entry in indian army
2nd May 2010, 12:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

yes you can join army after 12th. but i will suggest you just complete your
graduation first, so that you can join army as a officer rank, But if you join
army after 12th pass, then you can only join as a soldier. So please join
army after graduation........

ok
all the best.
2nd May 2010, 04:36 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
when you join defense before graduation....then you are eligible for non technical and technical posts ....like you can apply only for NDA and can also apply for technical entry.....

technical entry is completely based on % scored in 12th standard.....
whereas for NDA you will have to appear for an written exam......

if you join after technical graduation.....then you will be eligible only for technical posts....
if someone is graduate in some other field then he will be eligible for his specialization.......

best of luck
2nd May 2010, 05:28 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Hello
You can join the army after your +2 result only if you applied for the NDA (National Defence Academy) examinations and also you should clear the same in distinction. In this you can opt for IMA (Indian military Academy), INA (Indian Naval Academy) or IAF (Indian Air Force) services depends on the availability for your scores. On successful completion of the course you can join the Army college, Dehradun to continue your studies to become a Army officer permanent cadre or else you can join as the JCO (Junior Commissioned Officer) that usually last 5 years. If you didnt apply for the same, you can join the army service as a Soldier level for the service cadre.

Check www.indianarmy.nic.in
2nd May 2010, 07:32 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

You can get into Defence services through following schemes:-

NDA: is conducted by UPSC (http://upsc.gov.in) twice every year probably in the months of april and september, notification for which are announced in employment news.Candidate you had passed class 12 (Any subject) can appear for Army wing of NDA, Candidate you had passed/appeared class 12 (PCM) with at least 60% aggregate can appear for NAvy & AIrforce wings.age limit- 16 years- 19 1/2 years.

TES: Candidates who have passed class 12 PCM with at least 70% aggregate can find direct entry to defence after cracking a small entrance conducted by Defence service itself.Notifaca are announced in employment news.

UES: university entry scheme,is meant for candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree). Notification for it are released In Employment news.

SSC:
short service commission,is ment for candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics,) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & talecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with atlest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news.

CDS: Eligibility criteria-For ARMY- graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate.For Navy: B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E.For Airforce- B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics at class 12.Notification for it are released In Employment news.

you can also enter in there logistic cadre ,the minimum qualification for logistic cadre is B.sc(pcm),BCA,LLB,etc.You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

The Important thing is that keep reading "Employmen News".

Best of Luck
2nd May 2010, 08:17 PM
edward
Top Answerer

yes you can join the indian army directly after completing your 12th.........there are two ways to join indian army............

1)you have to appear for the NDA exam conducted twice in a year and if you clear all the exams in that i.e the entrance exam,interview and the medical exam then you can join the indian army......

2)if you have score more than 75% in PCM in 12th then you can directly apply for the technical entry in any field and after that just clear the GD and interview and join the indian army.............

all the best
2nd May 2010, 09:25 PM
Priyajain6447

Thumbs up Re: Can I join indian army after 12th directly?

Dear after passing 12 science with the subjects of physics, maths, chemistry etc. with minimum of 70% marks you should apply for technical entry declared twice in a year in the months of April and October. (Only unmarried people can apply within age range of 16.5 years to 19.5 years).
After you are selected in the same you will be called for SBS (Service Selection Board) Interiew in which there are 1. Psychological tests 2. Group testing officer's test 3. President's interiews and 4. Pilot Aptitude Test.
The duration for SBS interiew is of 5 days.
You have to send the application to ADG Recruiting, 10+2 (TES), West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi 110066 with the following documents:
10th pass certificate
Birth Certificate
12th Marksheet/Certificate.
Best of Luck and go ahead.
3rd May 2010, 11:17 AM
satishkomer

I will suggest you to firstly complete your graduation......If possible ...Engineer....and also try to do NCC certificate.......U can easily selected in Indian Army.....I know very well since i had also done NCC and attended so many Army Attachment Camps.

On technical Basis :-

You have option to join....
EME:- Electronics-Mechnical Engineering
Engineers
Signal Corps....
3rd May 2010, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

i am nakul. explyn me what mens of NDA exm? what it exm time? i 12 pass in PCB.
4th May 2010, 01:23 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am nakul. explyn me what mens of NDA exm? what it exm time? i 12 pass in PCB.
NDA: is conducted by UPSC (http://upsc.gov.in) twice every year probably in the months of april and september, notification for which are announced in employment news.This entrance is conducted for admitting deserving candidates into defence services.

Eligibility criteria:Candidate should have passed class 12 (Any subject) with at least 60% aggregate can appear for Army wing of NDA, Candidate you had passed/appeared class 12 (PCM) with at least 60% aggregate can appear for NAvy & AIrforce wings.age limit- 16 years- 19 1/2 years before the commencement of training,which commence on july ist every year.

Best of Luck
4th May 2010, 12:20 PM
satishkomer

National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II), 2010

(i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy : - 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
16½ - 19 years as on 01.07.2011
Candidates appearing at the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.

(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at Naval Academy : 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University

for this year time has out for next year you can apply read the instructioncarefully:--

http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/nda1-2010/indx.htm#PageTop
5th May 2010, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

i have completed PNTC(PRE-PRIMARY NURSERY TEACHER TRAINNING) can i join the indian army.i am 22 age.
6th May 2010, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian army i m in 12th and i m a commerce student
7th May 2010, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

hey,

my brother is pursuing 12th standard.. he is interested in joining Indian army.. he wants to know what kind of course can be taken in graduation level, so that it would be easy to join Indian army.
10th May 2010, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

hello ..
i am Amit
doing Graduation and Software Engineering From Niit.
pls tell me after complete Graduation and course can i join Indian army as a officer rank and any scope in computer field
in army..

my e-mail id : [email protected]
10th May 2010, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

I AM PASSED ISC MY % 53 IN ISC CAN I JOIN ARMY.NOW I M B.SC PART II WITH PHY HONS ,HOW CAN I JOIN IN ARMY
10th May 2010, 04:56 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hey,

my brother is pursuing 12th standard.. he is interested in joining Indian army.. he wants to know what kind of course can be taken in graduation level, so that it would be easy to join Indian army.
Opt for anything at Graduation its does'nt matters only the thing that matters is how much you are interested in joining defence services, and to what extent you can go for that, just produce this attitude in yourself eventually you will be succeed.

If you Brother want to join Army just after your 12 tell him not to worry.He have varoious oppurtunity to join Army or Airforce or Navy this time.

UES: university entry scheme,is meant for all male and female candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree). Notification for it are released In Employment news. Both Short service and permanent service is offered through this scheme.

SSC: short service commission,is ment for all candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics,) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & talecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with atlest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news.

CDS: Combined Defence Service Examination (CDSE) is conducted by upsc (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year for entry into all three defence services.
Eligibility criteria is different for all three. For ARMY- graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate.For Navy: B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E.For Airforce- B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics at class 12.

He can also enter in there logistic cadre ,the minimum qualification for logistic cadre is B.sc(pcm),BCA,LLB,etc.You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

He can also enter in 'Army/Navy/Airforce medical corp' if you are an docter (mbbs).You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

TES: Technical Entry Scheme is meant for candidates who have passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 70% aggregate and must not attend the age of 19 1/2 years can find direct entry into Army/Navy/Airforce. Entry will be based on a small entrance conducted by Army/Navy/Airforce separately and Notification are also released separately.

NDA: National Defence Academy, is is conducted by upsc (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year for entry into all three defence services.

Eligibility criteria is different for all three. For ARMY- candidates passed class 12 any stream, For Navy (also executive branch) and Airforce candidates passed class 12 science stream. Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

Quote:
can i join indian army i m in 12th and i m a commerce student
If you wont able to join Army just after your 12 dont worry.You have oppurtunity to join Army or Airforce this time.

Yes CA,ICWA,CWA,BA/MA (LLB) corporate law/general law etc. are recruited by Defence services mainly IAF in there Logistic Cadre/Ground duty (for IAF) and Accounts Branch.

Eligibilty Criteria: You must be CA,ICWA,CWA,BA/MA (LLB) corporate law/general law etc. with at least 50% aggreagate including all semesters of B.com/M.com,must be medically fit in all respect.

Age Limit: 27 years for CA,before commenment of training.

Selection: selection is based on both written and interview and at last Medical fitness test.

Notification: are released twice every year probably in the month of march and September in Employment News.So keep it reading.

Quote:
i have completed PNTC(PRE-PRIMARY NURSERY TEACHER TRAINNING) can i join the indian army.i am 22 age.
For teaching cadre of Defence service having at least Master dergee along with B.Ed is mandatory.So, if you have that then you are eligible for joining them. Age limit is 28 years notification for it are released in employment news keep it reading.

Best of Luck to you all

Regards
~Faiyaz~
10th May 2010, 05:04 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Hi Rohit
I give you detail of direct entry.
10+2 PCM (Tech)

Month of Commencement of Course each year
January and July

Age at the time of joining
161/2-191/2 years

Educational Qualification
10+2 Pass with aggregate.

Mode of selection
Apply directly to the Recruitment Directorate

How to Apply
May and November..

Good luck
10th May 2010, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

you can do it by writing the nda exam
10th May 2010, 07:23 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

hi,
you can get into the indian army by following the specified procedure :-

1)you can appear for the NDA exam which is conducted twice in a year........just appear for the exam and then pass the interview and medical exam.......

2)you can apply for the technical entry also if you have scored more than 70% in 12th PCM.............

all the best
10th May 2010, 08:29 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

hi friend.
technical entry is completely based on % scored in 12th standard.....
whereas for NDA you will have to appear for an written exam......
The duration for SBS interiew is of 5 days.
You have to send the application to ADG Recruiting, 10+2 (TES), West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi 110066 with the following documents:
10th pass certificate
Birth Certificate
12th Marksheet/Certificate.
10th May 2010, 11:55 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
you can join army after 12 th but i wll advise u thhat first complete you graduation the ther will be chance of geting as officer rank.
various exam u can appear for after 12th are given below:
1 cds
2 tes
3 nda
please visit their official site u will get all the info.
all the best
11th May 2010, 01:02 PM
herpreet singh

Location: herpreet singh s/o sr. kuljeet singh 215/371 harjeet bhawan bhashirat ganj lucknow -226004

Quote:
y not yaar u can but u have 2 cleare the exam test of it then u can got the direct admssion on it but u have 2 clear entrance after that u have 2 clear the interview of it also .........
11th May 2010, 08:33 PM
navtej_6681

plz tell me in which branch we have to do graduation!!!!!
14th May 2010, 05:27 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by navtej_6681 View Post
plz tell me in which branch we have to do graduation!!!!!

I think you are talking about Joining of Defence services.

For joining Defence services, having dergee in particular subject is not the hinderage in joining there.

All defence services have various types of entry scheme, which demands various types of qualifcation, as I have discussed ABOVE.

But if still you are confused, that switching to which stream will be better, then opt for Science stream.

Basically Engineering. Engineers have various types of oppurtunity for entering into Defence services, you can also realise it after checking the various entry schemes discussed above.

Best of luck
14th May 2010, 07:16 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Hello, you can join either by clearing NDA exam for the officer cadre in the Indian Army or else by the direct recruitment often going on in every districts round the year. But in this selection, you can join in the soldier level, then you can go for the Havildhar like cadres. But still joining NDA is the best option.
All the Best !!!!!
14th May 2010, 07:55 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I join indian army after 12th directly?

yes offcourse you can join indian army after your 12th exam.
There are many ways to enter in Indian army:
1.NDA
2.Indian Air force (tech/non-tech)
3.Indian Navy
The minimum criteria for all the above exams are 12th pass & age limit is 16-19 year for NDA.
All tha best.
14th May 2010, 08:38 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

hey
you can join indian army after 12 th but after clearing exams like
1.CDS
2.NDA
3.UES at engineering level
15th May 2010, 10:52 AM
sonal goel

Dear,
You can follow the following link and have the desired information you required
http://www.careerafter12th.com/?p=342
Through this you can have all the information
16th May 2010, 01:32 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

YES, you can join INDIAN ARMY after +2
The simplest way is to appear in NDA exam.

Procedure:-

Appear in the NDA exam, if you got selected then you will be having an 10 days interview :
day 1 - basic appearance
day 2-5 GD PI and other tests
day 6-10 physical and medicals

The second way is technical entry scheme TES
for that you should have minimum 70% in PCM and you dont have any written exam for TES

They select 5-6 from every batch of 120 from the SSB interview
if you get selected, you will spend your first year in INDIAN MILITARY ACADAMY, and next FOUR in other military college

This way its different from NDA, and after 3 years you will start to get paid too

So all the best for your future
16th May 2010, 01:54 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi,
you can join indian army after 12th,but you have to give the exam nda exam.
also search in internet.
all the best.
16th May 2010, 06:59 PM
phuchi

dear friend
yes,yan can join indian army after 12th.
but for that you must have fallow procedure for it.
all the best
17th May 2010, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian air force after 12th in technical field
17th May 2010, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian army after 12th directly as jco's except nda
19th May 2010, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

can i join ima if i had scored 50%marks in 12th
21st May 2010, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i've passed 12th (non-med) in march 2009 and got 79.11% marks.
i did'nt apply for nda by now.
now i've given exams of bca-1st year.
according to eligibility cretaria, they wants age b/w 17 to 19 1/2 years.
(i.e. date of birth b/w 2 july 1991 to 1 jan 1994.)
my dob. is 26 may,1991.(b/w 17 to 19 1/2 years, but not b/w 2 july 1991 to 1 jan 1994.
can i apply now for airforce/army/navy in official line ?
plz........ send me solution.
I'll be very thankful to you for this kindness.....
i'll wait for your feedback.

gurlal singh.distt tarn taran(punjab).
email: [email protected]
22nd May 2010, 11:42 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hello sir,
i've passed 12th (non-med) in march 2009 and got 79.11% marks.
i did'nt apply for nda by now.
now i've given exams of bca-1st year.
according to eligibility cretaria, they wants age b/w 17 to 19 1/2 years.
(i.e. date of birth b/w 2 july 1991 to 1 jan 1994.)
my dob. is 26 may,1991.(b/w 17 to 19 1/2 years, but not b/w 2 july 1991 to 1 jan 1994.
can i apply now for airforce/army/navy in official line ?
plz........ send me solution.
I'll be very thankful to you for this kindness.....
i'll wait for your feedback.

gurlal singh.distt tarn taran(punjab).
email: [email protected]
Sorry dear you can not apply for it.

Age limit is such that candidate should not born before 2 july 1991 and not later then 1 january 2010.

So, as you mentioned that your date of birth is 26 may 1991, that means before 2 july 1991.

So, you are not eligible for applying.

And also you have'nt appeared for NDA, even being a good student that is your one of big fault.

But never mind, now you can join only in Technical Stream only after completing MCA or M.sc. Better go through MCA age limit for which is 28 years.

Better next time
22nd May 2010, 03:21 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hi friend,
there is no any way to join the indian army in the direct method,
if you want to join the indian army then you have to follow all the selection procedure that is opt by the indian army...
such as written examination,physical fitness test.medical test.
30th May 2010, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian army as operation on my pennis
31st May 2010, 04:50 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

daer friend,
there is no any way to join the indian army directly,
means if you are eligible for the indian army then you must go for the all selection procedure,and then you will be selected.
31st May 2010, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

HI
i got 67% aggregate for my PCM(pysics,chemistry,maths,) in 2 xam...
should i get any job in indian army,,,,,,,,,,,,,
please help me,,,,,,,,,,,,
1st June 2010, 12:55 AM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

Nice to hear from you.
There are several ways to join like nda,ssc,ues schemes.
You have to search out the place for you.
2nd June 2010, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

can i join nda without giving any entrance exam as i got good marks in 12 or can i give ssb interview directly plz rply soon.
2nd June 2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
many jobs are there in the miltary after completion of 12th u can apply for the solider,navy assistant jobs....
3rd June 2010, 11:29 AM
sarath menon

Quote:
the best thing t do is write the NDA examinations conducted by UPSC!!!!!!1
go for u can get form from ur local post offices...all d best....
6th June 2010, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that after doing graduation as b.com IS and also software engeneering can we join indian army as officer.....please give me a feed back........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?