5th February 2013, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue my career in customs after finishing schooling in science and 12th?

can we pursue a career in customs after finishing schooling in science in +2 and finishing p.g in commerce

Related Questions:
  1. What should I pursue after finishing 12th standard to become an IAS officer
  2. How should I build my career after finishing 12th science exam with 2nd class?
  3. How to become an Airport customs officer after finishing 12th in commerce subject
  4. Universities/colleges having Actuarial Science courses in India? How to make a career in Actuarial Science being an economics graduate?
  5. Courses available after 2nd PUC Open Schooling?
  6. How to attend civil service exam to become a custom officer after finishing 12th?
  7. Which career sectors would be suitable for me if I am a B.E graduate and housewife?
  8. Can I apply in B.Sc, B.Tech or B.H.M.S program if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS? Whether NIOS degree has any value in UK and US?
  9. Subjects needed for CA? Fee structure for the same and how can we complete CA course?
  10. How to apply for a job in Indian Customs after passing 12th Arts
  11. Can I study B.Sc or BHMS after completing 12th NIOS? Does NIOS has any value in abroad? -- [New]
  12. What type of job will I get after B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Future opportunities or options available without Maths and Economics in 10+2?
  14. What course should I opt for making career in game development and design? I am a student of class 12 (Science) and want to pursue a career in game development and designing
  15. How to become Airport custom officer being 12th passed with computer science candidate?
  16. National Institute of Open Schooling, Senior Secondary Exam-Computer Science (330) Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  17. Can I pursue my career with computer engineering after clearing 12th board examination with PCM
  18. Eligibility to pursue Pharmacy course if studying PUC in Science from NIOS?
21st August 2017, 05:47 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I pursue my career in customs after finishing schooling in science and 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can we pursue a career in customs after finishing schooling in science in +2 and finishing p.g in commerce

If you want to become a custom officer after completing your Post graduation degree in commerce, then you have to appear in the CSAT that is civil services exam carried out by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year to recruit eligible candidate in Indian revenue department. Here below are details regarding Custom officer exam:-

Eligibility required to Join Custom Department as an Officer:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for custom officer exam is bachelors or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks, Relaxation of 5% marks for candidates belongs to reserve categories.

>> Age limit to apply is that candidate must be above 19 years at the time to appearance of exam.

>> Applicant must be Indian citizen.

Selection Procedure:- Selection procedure depends upon three steps of selection process and are:-

1). Preliminary exam.

2). Written exam.

3). Personal interview.

>> In selection procedure 9 papers are carried out from which 2 are of qualifying type and named as preliminary exam. Applicant who cleared in preliminary exam allowed to appear in main exam which comprise of 7 papers each carries 250 marks. After main exam have passed applicant called for personal interview as a final step of selection and personal interview carries 275 marks.

For more details Please visit UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?