1st November 2017, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I take direct admission in NIT colleges if I had 80 percent marks in diploma CE?

Can I take direct admission in NIT colleges if I had 80 percent marks in diploma CE? What would be the minimum criteria required to apply? Can you please provide me with the information on this as soon as possible? Awaiting for the response.

4th November 2017, 10:24 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take direct admission in NIT colleges if I had 80 percent marks in diploma CE?

No, you can't take direct admission in NIT even if you have secured 80 percent marks in Diploma CE course. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for admission in NIT. You should have passed 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board and have to qualify and secure good rank in JEE Main examination to be eligible to get admission in NIT. So, being a Diploma CE holder, you are not eligible to get direct admission in NIT.
4th November 2017, 07:35 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take direct admission in NIT colleges if I had 80 percent marks in diploma CE?

Sorry, to say that it is not possible to take admission in NIT after completion of your Diploma Civil Engineering course. To get admission in NIT, you should have passed 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board and you have to appear and qualify the JEE Main examination. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma Civil Engineering holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination and you are not eligible to get admission in NIT.
4th November 2017, 08:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. Diploma candidates are not eligible for admission in National Institute of Technology in Bachelor of Technology. You can apply for Joint Entrance Examination to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology.

2. Other than JEE, you can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test after having 80% marks in diploma to get admission in state level engineering colleges.
5th November 2017, 09:31 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

If a candidate have passed 12th degree from recognized college/institute a part from diploma degree is eligible for the admission in NIT colleges. As per latest rule of MHRD minimum 75% is needed in 12th board to sit in eligibility criteria.
JEE mains good score also plays vital role in admission to top IIT and NIT college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?