9th January 2011, 03:19 PM
divya yadav15

Which courses to be continued after B.Tech computer science if I am interested in learning programming languages?

sir/mam I'm doing b.tech in computer science in chandigarh.But I'm not much interested in learning programming languages .so suggest me what type of courses to continue so that it will be interesting to me and really help me in my career?

Related Questions:
  1. ECE graduate can do MS in Computer Science? Which all additional programming languages to learn?
  2. Which course is good for summer vacations for computer science btech student?
  3. Is it true that M.Tech computer science is not in demand these days? Is it better to do M.Tech CS after B.Tech? Should I go for learning various programming languages?
  4. Are mechanical students eligible for software field?
  5. Which programming languages should ECE Btech learn to get jobs in software industry?
  6. Which is better between M.Sc in CS and M.Sc in IT?
  7. Which software course is best to learn for EEE students to get a better software job?
  8. Indraprastha University BCA 6th Sem- Programming with C Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  9. What other degree is required after B.Com to attain a job as a software engineer?
  10. Can I do MS course in India after completion of BCA?
  11. Which is the best software course to pursue after B.Tech for getting a good job in IT Company? -- [New]
  12. Is this a good option to do diploma in Interior designing after B.Tech in computer Science? Details of the course?
  13. Career options after Btech computer science if a student is not good in programming? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Career path after 10th to become a good programmer?
  15. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  16. Is B.Arch alone a good option for setting a good career or MCA is required?
  17. What is the scope after O level and A level? Is it helpful in pursuing MCA?
  18. How many programming languages should be known to get a job in Infosys?
8th July 2011, 04:29 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which courses to be continued after B.Tech computer science if I am interested in learning programming languages?

if you want to work in software and IT field in future then you must know computer language. i think computer language is very much interesting. but some time it seems difficult to the some students because of their less interest. try to give attention to the programming and learn from the beginning from a good teacher. you know if you want to learn any computer language then first you should know C language very well. at the beginning of learning of computer language a good teacher is very much important. because it is seen that when we start programing we don't anything about it. we write so many things in a program but we don't have knowledge on it. many question arises on mind that why we are using this? but at the beginning we will not get all the answer. then we think we are not learning the language and we just leave interest from it.

but you should not do this. actually good teacher here helps a lot.as for example in C language at the starting when we are learning how to print a name or anything you should not concentrate on header file or function or any other part of the program. just concentrate on printf and know that printf is used to print anything. don't go to use printf which header file should be used or why main function is declared. don't try to learn so many thing in the first day. you will learn day by day. study from a good book and start learning program from a good teacher i am sure you will find out interest on programming. it's not so much difficult.

also beside software field there are scope for computer science students. you may go for networking field.then there may be you don't have to do any programming. in some post of software company there is no need to know about programing. but if you don't know programing then it will be difficult to enter into any good software company. so try to learn programing from the beginning with more attention. surely you will learn programming.

best of luck.
8th July 2011, 05:51 PM
kritika@Hans

Default Re: Which courses to be continued after B.Tech computer science if I am interested in learning programming languages?

hi
It wholly depends upon the sector in which you want to work. If you are planning to join any software firm, we would suggest you to do as many languages as you can. This will help you to gain the required technical skills that the companies look in candidates who are applying for vacancies in their company. If you are interested in the networking field, then you can choose certification courses like CCNA, MCP etc. These courses will give you an in depth knowledge about the networking field.

So it depends entirely on you that what you are interested in the most
best of luck
8th July 2011, 05:53 PM
kritika@Hans

hi
It wholly depends upon the sector in which you want to work. If you are planning to join any software firm, we would suggest you to do as many languages as you can. This will help you to gain the required technical skills that the companies look in candidates who are applying for vacancies in their company. If you are interested in the networking field, then you can choose certification courses like CCNA, MCP etc. These courses will give you an in depth knowledge about the networking field.

So it depends entirely on you that what you are interested in the most
best of luck
8th July 2011, 06:10 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by divya yadav15 View Post
sir/mam I'm doing b.tech in computer science in chandigarh.But I'm not much interested in learning programming languages .so suggest me what type of courses to continue so that it will be interesting to me and really help me in my career?
dear friend,
you are a computer science engineer. thats why learning programming language is a must for you to get a good job.in the starting, these languages look very difficult and confusing but when you will try to make programs by yourself, you will enjoy making them.
atleast try to learn basic languages like c and c++
otherwise your b.tech degree will be of no use.
9th July 2011, 12:06 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you have interest in programing language, then after completion of your B.tech you can go for some courses like-object oriented programing language(JAVA,J2EE, etc..)
To get a job in IT sector you have to learn programming language..
If you are interested in higher study, then you can go for M.tech in computer science..
Now a days object oriented programming language is a very demanding course..
so, you should go for the course..

All the best.
9th July 2011, 02:30 PM
darji.tejas1989
Junior Member+

Dear candidate,
If you are a great knowledge about computer then many government approved courses are available which is mention below:
1. PLC(programming logic control)
2. networking(inwhich course you have study about hacking)
3. hardware courses.

Best of luck for your great future!
31st August 2011, 10:50 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
If you have interest in programming language than its very good to choose any one perticular language which helps you in your future to get a job.If you want my suggestion then java programming language is the best language now these days.It have so much scope and requirment in market.Many mnc companies do their all work with the help of this language.So its a better option for you.
There are also man other optins for you..NET is also a very good option.If you have interest in web applications then its a better options for you.
Java gives you an opportunity to be a software devoloper.
These two are best languages now these days.

So just go for any one of these.Also its depend on your interest.So scoose any one between both of languages.

All the best
3rd September 2011, 05:08 PM
manoj rajpurohit

Dear friend,
After completing your b.tech the programming field is very good. It will give you a bright future,
If you want to continue your programming knowledge then i want to suggest you to choose java language, because this language is very popular in these days. you can make your carrier with the name of "Java Developer".
The second option is .net language. This is also a valuable language. you can also choose the networking that how to create a connection etc.
So this is my suggestion to you that you can choose any kind of language from above two language. this will give you best carrier.
10th September 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Re: Which courses to be continued after B.Tech computer science if I am interested in learning programming languages?
22nd September 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

i am student of b.tech cs final year so i am not take dicesion that any cources so i request u sir that u are game me advise for any course & i could join the job
22nd September 2011, 08:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

You have just completed your b-tech degree so you have lots of higher study scope

M-TECH :- You must be cleared the GATE exam some institute provide M-TECH without gate score.

MBA:- You must be cleared the CAT or MAT exam.Some institute conduct their own entrance exam.

MS:- Only M-TECH candidate are applicable.

JRF:- Only B-TECH ,M-TECH and science graduate candidate are eligible for JRF.

PHD:- B-TECH candidate must have GATE score . M-TECH candidate apply here without GATE score.

all the best
21st March 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Which full-time courses to be continued after B.Tech computer science if I am interested in coding?
I do not want to do M.Tech(CS) but something that gives expectional importance to practical application as most part of the m.tech. course is theory based. Please help me out.
30th May 2014, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

i m in 1st year btech..computer science..i m thinking to get the traning for .net or php in summer training..àm i right?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?