29th December 2012, 11:50 PM
Kiran Oulkar

Which degree should I take after 12th to become an Astronomer? What type of education is available after 12th to be a part of NASA or ISRO?

Which degree i should take after 12th to become a astronomer? What type of education is available after 12th for be a part of NASA or ISRO?

30th December 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which degree should I take after 12th to become an Astronomer? What type of education is available after 12th to be a part of NASA or ISRO?

my sister is studying in 10th class after completing that which is the best course take pls sajust.
30th December 2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which degree should I take after 12th to become an Astronomer? What type of education is available after 12th to be a part of NASA or ISRO?

I have completed b.com know I have confusing to join which course is better for my carrier growth pls sajust...
30th December 2012, 02:01 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Oulkar View Post
Which degree i should take after 12th to become a astronomer? What type of education is available after 12th for be a part of NASA or ISRO?

In order to become an Astronomer ,the stream you should take in 10+2 is:-

>>Science with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.

In order to get jobs in NASA/ISRO you will require Engineering degree in the following stream:-

>>Electronics and Communication Engineering.
>>Computer science and Engineering.
>>Mechanical Engineering.
>>Electrical Engineering.
>>Chemical Engineering.
>>Instrumentation Engineering.
>>Metallurgical Engineering.
>>Information Technology.
etc.

Thus in Order to do any one these course,you will have to appear in Joint Entrance Exam means you will have to do Engineering course.

In order to Engineering course,you will have to appear in JEE Exam.

The Eligibility for JEE Exam is as Follows:-

Educational Qualification:-

>>You must be passed out in 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry & Mathematics.

Limits:-

>>You can appear in this exam 3 times(Consecutively) after passing 10+2.

Marks:-

>>If you belong from the General/OBC then your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 70%.
>>If you belong from the SC/ST then your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 60%.

Syllabus for this Exam:-

Questions will be asked from the :-
>>Physics.
>>Chemistry.
>>Mathematics

All questions will be from class 10+2 level.
All questions will be objective type with 4 options.

The Official website for this Exam is http://jeemain.nic.in

20th January 2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I am a 12th class student....and i'm very much interested in becoming a astronomer....but the main problem is that i do not know that what to do after completing my 12th to become a succesful astronomer and work on NASA . Pls help me.
9th June 2013, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

can i become a astronomer after completing aeronautical engineering in b.tech?
13th July 2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

How to become an astronomer after completing 12 with 82% ? Which degree should I take to join in NASA or ISRO ?
16th May 2014, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

What type of courses are available to become an theoriticle astronomer ?
26th May 2014, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my 10th with 95.2% in sslc.After finishing my 12th,I want to study Astrophysics and get a job in any space organizations.And I also need to know where to study Astrophysics.I have taken a group with-maths,physics,chemistry and comp.science.please help me
26th May 2014, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my 10th with 95.2% in sslc.After finishing my 12th,I want to study Astrophysics and get a job in any space organizations.And I also need to know where to study Astrophysics.I have taken a group with-maths,physics,chemistry and comp.science.please help me
26th May 2014, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

27th May 2014, 09:33 PM
Irene Elsa Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Oulkar View Post
In Valiamala near Trivandrum,Kerala there is an institute named Indian Institute Of Space Science And Technology,under Government of India,Department of space.It offer courses like Aerospace Engineering(60 seats),Avonics(60 seats),and Physical Sciences(36 seats).The admission is through JEE Advanced rank list.
2nd June 2014, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

which college should i choose after 10 2?is their any competitive exams on that field?
24th June 2014, 07:43 PM

i think you marks should be more than almost 80%(not sure) for a good postion.... you in order to join isro should have done bsc. and further mtech..may be....but you should be best in what you do
18th September 2014, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

hi;
i am very much interested about studying planets, satellites,so on .
iam impressed by many astronomers . i too have a wish to join ISRO.i have completed my 10th with 97.5% im studying 12 th now i took maths with bio . is it possible for me to join ISRO..........
1st January 2015, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Elsa Abraham View Post
In Valiamala near Trivandrum,Kerala there is an institute named Indian Institute Of Space Science And Technology,under Government of India,Department of space.It offer courses like Aerospace Engineering(60 seats),Avonics(60 seats),and Physical Sciences(36 seats).The admission is through JEE Advanced rank list.
In IIST , they make a separate rank list of students who have applied . The rank list is made by giving 60%imp to jee main and 40% to your board's normalized score . However , you should have some required marks in jee advanced according to your category . For , gen , it is 6 in all three subjects and at least 72 aggregate marks in jee advanced .
10th January 2015, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

I think you should go for IIA (Indian Institute of Astrophysics). Just see what is it and what qualification you need to go to IIA. I think the whole course will be approx. 10 yrs after 12th std :/ which is pretty long time... but this is what astrophysics is!... you still have to study after completing course bcause in astrophysics, you will have to constantly 'study' (here, study means taking a paper n a pen n just solving some tough equation which is kinda NORMAL for a astrophysicist)....
So, my final suggestion is go for IIA.... just see tat in wikipedia. u'll see everything you want there n if not, go to its official site)
regards
~Yash~ (I m in VIII std >_< :P )
23rd March 2017, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a part of isro as a mechanical engineer. So after 12th what I have to do
1st June 2017, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a scientist in the field of physics but the problem is that I do not know what to do after 12
31st October 2017, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 11th and have taken biology But I am highly interested in being an astronomer. I am confuse that what I should do? Please anyone reply me. I am in stress. Please help me. Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?