12th March 2016, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Diploma holders need to qualify any entrance exam for admission in Degree course?

I am in Diploma in Computer Engineering and I Want to do Degree. Should I have to give any kind of Entrance Exam for the same?

12th March 2016, 09:51 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma holders need to qualify any entrance exam for admission in Degree course?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue degree after completing the diploma course.

Candidate after completing diploma degree can appear for LEET to get admission in B.tech 2nd year as lateral entry.

So, if you are interested in B.tech course you can apply for LEET or you can also pursue simple graduation course to get admission you have to visit university official website for more details.
12th March 2016, 10:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma holders need to qualify any entrance exam for admission in Degree course?

If you want to do bachelor's degree in engineering or technology in computer science stream then the best opportunity for you is through Joint Entrance Exam Main and LEET examination. With JEE Main rank, you will be able to pursue B.Tech in Computer science engineering from National Institute of Technology and other government engineering institutes.

Second option is through Lateral Entry Entrance Test. LEET is conducted by different technical institutes for admission of diploma holders directly in second year of engineering. Candidate must have 60% marks in diploma to apply for LEET exam.
13th March 2016, 05:16 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in Diploma in Computer Engineering and I Want to do Degree. Should I have to give any kind of Entrance Exam for the same?
If you are a Diploma Holder candidate, and want to do get a degree or pursue a Bachelor course.

Then, you will have to apply for Lateral Entry Exam.

The exam is either conducted by that particular institute/college in which you are seeking admission or by the university to which the college is affiliated.

The syllabus of that particular exam is completely based on the subjects, topics that you have studied in your Diploma course.

You may refer following books for Lateral entry exam preparation:

Lateral Entry to Engineering Degree (B.E./B.Tech) Exam Guide (Paperback)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Price: Rs. 172

LEET Lateral Entry Entrance Test 2013: Lateral Entry to Engineering Degree Programmes for Diploma Holders (2nd year/3rd Semester)
Author: G. K. P
Publisher: G K Publications
Price: Rs. 469

LEET Lateral entry entrance test: Specially Prepared for Harayana 2012
Author: Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
Price: Rs. 443
13th March 2016, 08:24 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Diploma holder need to qualify entrance exam for admission in Degree course.

LEET exam stands for Lateral Entry Engineering Test which is conducted to take admission into direct 2nd year of B.Tech for diploma holder.

Eligibility for LEET exam:

Minimum 45% Marks (42.75% in case of SC) in diploma of Engineering/B.Sc

This exam varies in its exam pattern, Eligibility in state to state or University to University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?