30th October 2010, 06:00 PM
gaurav tarar

Direct admission in M.Sc. in Physic in any recognized university campus without entrance test?

plz tell me direct admission in m.sc. Physics in any recognized university campus without entrance test

30th October 2010, 10:26 PM
koli

Default Re: Direct admission in M.Sc. in Physic in any recognized university campus without entrance test?

here are some colleges offering direct admission to M.Sc in physics:

Bharathiar University, Coimbatore

Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani (to board toppers only)
31st October 2010, 01:28 AM
babydoll

Default Re: Direct admission in M.Sc. in Physic in any recognized university campus without entrance test?

Hi!
Yes this is possible for you to take lateral/direct admission in the M.Sc physics.
The selection process of any university which offers direct admission is on the basis of marks obtain in the B.Sc. followed by a personal interview.
There are many universities which offers direct admission on the basis of marks obtain in the B.Sc are as follows-
Jadavpur university
Osmania university
Rajasthan university
Indraprastha university

For taking direct admission in these universities you need first class in the B.Sc.
There are also many colleges which offer admission for more than 50%.
31st October 2010, 02:11 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can get direct admission in M.Sc. in Physic is given below university.

1.du.

2.cu.

3.ju.

4.jnu.

5.besu.

etc.

all the best..........
31st October 2010, 06:11 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

This kind of offers are only for toppers otherwise you must face entrance exams . So for board toppers, bits pilani offers direct admission in m.sc
30th March 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

i am a govt. Teacher in rajasthan.I am B.sc.(56.66%) (phy.,chem.,maths.).Kya mai kisi university department se M.Sc.(physics) kar sakta hu?Kya govt. employee ki seats reserve rahti hai?
13th July 2011, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

will studying M.BA after B.sc be beneficial??
16th August 2011, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to take admission in any other country's University for m.sc in Physics ?
12th May 2012, 06:18 PM
rati23dec

INFORMATION FOR ADMISSION TO M.Sc. DEGREE IN PHYSICS

Introduction

A candidate for being eligible for admission to the M.Sc. Degree in Physics must have passed the Bachelor of Science degree examination with Physics as the major subject, or an examination of another University recognized as equivalent thereto. The University of Mumbai gives M.Sc. degree in Physics both by papers and by research.

M.Sc. degree by research

The M.Sc. degree in physics by research is pursued at a few centres in the University including the University Department of Physics. This is a research programme and requires an active isssnteraction between the student andguide. The admission procedure is not standardized to the extent of the M.Sc.degree course by papers. Some information and guidelines about thisprogramme are however furnished in Section II.2. For further information concerning this programme, the interested candidate should refer the pamphlet no. 175 of the University of Mumbai and check with various post graduate centres where M.Sc. (by research) prgramme is pursued.

M.Sc. degree by papers

The M.Sc. degree course in physics by papers is of two year duration.The first and second year are respectively termed M.Sc. Part-I and Part-II. This course is a joint effort of the University Department of Physics and some of the affiliated Colleges of the University which are recognized by the University for imparting instructions at the Master's Degree level in physics. A detailed list of these colleges/institutions is given in Section II.3.C. The M.Sc. physics theory course is taught at present at two centres 1) University Department of Physics, Vidyanagari Campus, Mumbai-400 098and (2) Institute of Science, Madam Cama Road, Mumbai-400 032. Thelectures at the latter centre are meant only for the students enrolled in the Institute of Science. All the other students joining the University Departmentof Physics as well as other recognized colleges undergo the lecture course arranged by the University Department of Physics and held at the Vidyanagari Campus of the University of Mumbai.The students enrolled in the /Colleges/Institutions carry out their practicals/experiments in their respective places of enrollment. This practicals course programme is arranged by these institutions independently and separately of the theory course lecture programme announced by the University Department of Physics.To summarize: The students enrolled in the University Department and Colleges/Institutions other than Institute of Science have their theory organized by the University Department of Physics and theory classes held at the Vidyanagari Campus of the University. The practicals programme is organized and conducted by respective colleges/institutions where the student is enrolled.

M.Sc. by research

M.Sc. course by research is of minimum two year duration i.e. only after completing this period a candidate can submit his M.Sc. thesis for evaluation. (For more details see Pamphlet No. 175 of University of Mumbai). The student enrolling for M.Sc. by research in the subject of Physics is required to pass separately obtaining at least 55% marks in Papers I and II listed in section II.3.A before he can submit his dissertation for the award of the Master's degree by research in Physics. The Department generally admits students, depending on the number of vacancies available, for M.Sc. by research after the admission by papers for that particular year is over. For information of admission to other postgraduate centres (viz. various colleges/institutions) for M.Sc. (by Research), respective colleges/institutions may be contacted directly.

M.Sc. by papers
12th May 2012, 06:18 PM
stlawrence

A. Structure of the Course

The structure of the M.Sc. degree course by papers is as follows. In the first year (Part I) of M.Sc. there are a total of four common papers and two practicals. In the second year (Part II) of M.Sc. there are two common papers and two papers in the optional subject to chosen by the candidate. There are two practicals, both in the optional subject chosen by the candidate. The papers are :There are four theory papers each of 75 marks and a laboratory course of total 200 marks at Part-I. For details of the division of 200 marks for the laboratory course among various heads see the syllabus is provided.

Part- I :

Paper I Section I
Section II Mathematical
Classical Mechanics
Paper II Section I
Section II Quantum Mechanics
Quantum Mechanics
Paper III Section I
Section II Nuclear Physics
Solid State Physics
Paper IV Section I
Section II Electronics
Solid State Electronics

All students irrespective of their choice of option are required to go through these four (common) papers. The practicals in part I are also common and each student is required to go through the practicals irrespective of his/her choice of option.

Part-II

Paper V Section I
Section II Classical Electrodynamics,
Statistical Mechanics,
Paper VI Section I
Section II Atomic & Molecular Physics,
Laser & Plasma Physics.

Paper V

These papers V and VI are common to all students irrespective of theirchoice of optional subject. Besides these there are two papers : Paper VII and VIII.Paper VII and Paper VIII :They are from any one optional subject, to be chosen by the candidate at the time of his/her admission to M.Sc. degree course at Part-I, from amongst the following :

i) Nuclear Physics,

ii) Solid State Physics,

iii) Solid State Electronics,

iv) Chemical Physics,

v) Laser and Plasma Physics.

vi) Electronics - a) Electronics - I [Microprocessors & Microcomputer Systems]

b) Electronics - II [Electronic Communications]

vii) Astronomy and Space Physics.

viii) Materials Science

The two practicals at Part II are exclusively in the optional subject chosen by the candidate.

B. Admission

The procedure for enrollment of candidates to the M.Sc. Physics course (by papers) is as follows :

i)The application form for admission to the course can be had from the office of the Registrar, University of Mumbai, Vidyanagari Campus, Santacruz (East), Bombay-400 098 or Fort, Mumbai-400 032, along with a copy of the brochure on payment of Rs.50/-. The application form carry serial numbers. Any form not so numbered will not be accepted by the department. While filling up the application form for admission, student should go through the brochure carefully and fill up the application form for admission according to the instructions mentioned therein.

ii)The application forms duly filled in and signed and accompanied by the originals as well as certified copies of statement of marks, caste certificate, in case of SC/ST/DT/NT/BC, SBC and OBC etc. candidates, must be submitted to the staff-in-charge of the admissions during the period specified for the purpose on the notice board in the department. Incomplete application without mark sheet, caste certificate issued by competent authority etc. will be rejected.

iii) a) No individual intimation will be sent to candidates selected for admission including those who are from other universities. The list of students selected for admission to the course will be put up on the notice board of the Department. Generally three such admission lists based on merit are displayed one after the other in a short interval of time.

b) The candidates should clearly indicate their choice of the optional subjects at the time of admission at Part-I level, the college/institution, etc. in the application in order of preference. The same will be considered and allotted strictly on the basis of merit and subject to availability. Once the candidate accepts the optional subject allotted, as per the rule currently in force no change of optional subject shall be allowed thereafter.

c) In case some candidates do not take admission, the vacant seats in various options/institutions from a specific merit list, will be filled as follows : Only those candidates from that particular list who have taken admission but have not been able to secure their priority option/institution could apply for change of option/institution immediately but before the last date of payment of fees corresponding to that particular merit list. Depending upon availability of option/institution desired, they may be granted the requested change in order of merit.

d) If a candidate indicates only one choice for the optional subject at the time of Part-I admission and/or only one college/institution, then the candidate will be considered only for the asked option and/or college/institution and in one merit list only. Further clarification on this can be had from the staff-in-charge of the admissions.

iv) The selection of candidates would be strictly on merit basis within each category.

v) For the students from University of Mumbai, only the marks obtained by the candidate in Physics at the third year B.Sc. examination of the university will be considered for deciding merit for admission to the M.Sc. course in Physics. [Thus the merit list will be prepared on the third year B.Sc. marks in Physics only]. For those candidates who have passed the B.Sc. examination at the second attempt there will be a reduction of 3% of marks.

vi) a) Five seats are reserved for students coming from other Universities.

b) For applicants from Universities other than University of Mumbai there will be a reduction of 10% of marks while admitting such candidates in the University.

c)A candidate belonging to University other than the University of Mumbai should have physics as one of the major subjects at the third year of the B.Sc degree course. For the purpose of calculating the percentage for admission such a candidate only the marks obtained in the subject of physics at all the three years of B.Sc. will be taken into account. These candidates are required to produce the original mark sheets of all the three years along with their applications form duly filled in and signed and accompanied by certified copies of mark sheets of all the three years indicating clearly the marks obtained, along with the maximum marks possible, in the subject of physics each year. An application without this information will be considered incomplete.

d) Applicants from other universities are required to submit a provisional certificate of eligibility while enrolling for the course. This provisional eligibility certificate can be obtained from the Registrar,Eligibility Section of University of Mumbai, Ranade Bhavan, Vidyanagari, Mumbai-400 098 after submitting the application and necessary remittance.

vii) The candidate selected for admission to the M.Sc. Part I Physics course will have to pay the tuition fees as well as the fees for registration as a post- graduate student, as notified in the list of selected candidates put up on the notice board of the Department. The fee will have to be paid on or before the last date mentioned in the list, failing which the candidate will forfeit his/her claim to the seat allotted in the list.

viii) A candidate who fails to avail of the admission offered to him/her before the last date as mentioned in the list of selected candidates will not be considered for a seat in the second or subsequent list.

ix) The vacancies that may arise on account of the selected candidates not availing themselves of the admission before the last date or those who might withdraw their admission will be notified through subsequent announcements in the Department and students would be chosen from the merit-based waiting list prepared after the third list. Those who are so selected for admission will have to pay the tuition & registration fees on or before the date indicated to them while admission is granted, failing which they will forfeit claim of admission to the course and the same will be offered to the next deserving candidate on the merit-based waiting list.

x) The quotas for reservation in admissions in the course prescribed for different categories are :

a) Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Caste converts to Buddhism. - 13%

b) Scheduled Tribes - 07%

c) Domadic Tribes (D.T.) - 2.5%

d) Vimukta Jati (V.J.) - 03%

e) Vanjari - 02%

f) Nomadic Tribes (N.T.) - 3.5%

g) Other Backward Class (O.B.C.) - 19%

h) General (including 3% seats for Other University quota). - 50%

The above reserved quota is for the students of Mumbai University only.

xi) The candidates who have passed the H.S.C. and the B.Sc. degree examination from the Institutions in Raigad, Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg Districts, only may apply for the admission for Ratnagiri Centre. The selection of candidates would be strictly on merit basis and the merit lists of students selected for the admission to the course will be displayed at Ratnagiri Centre (i.e. R.P. Gogate College, Ratnagiri).
12th May 2012, 06:19 PM
edr_fdr

Eligibility

Graduates who have secured 40% in the aggregate of all subjects in the qualifying University examinations and 50% of marks in the cognate subjects are eligible to apply.

Selection Process

1. Assessment of past performance in X, XII and Degree ( if result awaited, marks available currently) during the Personal Interview
2. Personal interview for the candidates
29th August 2012, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

i want to know the name of the colleges in which i can directly apply for msc physics on merit basis..??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?