8th February 2018, 11:06 AM
Dharaneedhar reddy

Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission in B.Tech in colleges in Bangalore? Which college accept lateral entry?

I am from Andhra Pradesh. I completed my diploma and I want to join B.Tech in Banglore. Which entrance exams I need to undertake for admission in B.Tech in colleges in Bangalore and which colleges accept lateral entry in B.Tech program?

15th May 2018, 10:17 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission in B.Tech in colleges in Bangalore? Which college accept lateral entry?

Most of the engineering seats in Karnataka are filled through KCET and JEE Main Exam.

KCET is conducted by KEA (Karnataka Exam Authority) every year. It is a state level engineering entrance exam that is conducted for filling various engineering seats in state engineering colleges.

JEE Main is conducted by CBSE every year for filling seats of NITs, IIITs and other CFIs. Many other institutes including state engineering colleges fill their seats through JEE Main exam.

Lateral entry exam is conducted by KEA for Diploma Lateral entry. The name of the exam is DCET. In this exam, questions are asked from the Diploma course that you had studied recently.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?