8th October 2010, 10:33 AM
prpandya.4

Does work experience make a big difference in getting jobs after B.tech?

Is it so that 2010 B.E.(E.C) passed out faces difficulty in getting jobs in 2011 if he/she has no work experience in 2010?
If I want to work further in some reputed company then do they give preference to 2010 B.E. passed out in 2011?
and also how does this situation affect a teaching job as well as a company job?
Please give me information about this....
thanks....

9th October 2010, 01:06 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Does work experience make a big difference in getting jobs after B.tech?

Well yes company do give preference to the recently passed out students than a student who has dropped a year after their studies but its an exception when you have taken the leave of 1 year for some studies or course. If yes then you may get some additional advantage depending on the company

I would also request you to prepare a Gap certificate so that you can hand it over to the company whenever they ask for it.

On the who work experience does make some difference in getting jobs in BTech and others too.

For a teaching job they might prefer ones educational qualification and their talent in teaching rather than prefering a recently passed out student..

So it depends on company to company and job to job
9th October 2010, 01:12 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does work experience make a big difference in getting jobs after B.tech?

now a days as the competition is very hard every one wants to get a job as early as possible.so in order to get so the companys have a lot of applicants for a limited no: of jobs. therefore they preffered an experienced person.so you should also get an experience with you Yes, every year the company gives preference to the previous batch,but in teaching job all these sitution will not arise if you are a talented one.
9th October 2010, 05:47 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Yes, work experience has its role in providing jobs but its not a matter of concern as you will get experience only when the mncs provide job after graduation.
When you are afresh graduate of young age how can the employer think of experience.
Since a guy is talented then only competing a experinced individual.
SO forget about the experience since a fresh graduate can't be expected of experience.
Yes, since you are a fresher they may make less payment but all this can be compromised in the biggining
9th October 2010, 09:30 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea obviously. work experience make a great difference. because every company prefer experienced person more than a fresher. as you have one year gap so you have to give the proper reason for your year gap. then only you will be considered as a fresher student otherwise you will be in backward in the competition with the students who passed out 2011.

yes teaching experience also will give you advantage more. there are so many post in every reputed organization for which they prefer a fresher who have some teaching experience in any institution. so don't go for year gap try to do something.
9th October 2010, 01:01 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

yes off course, because when you enter the core field, you can see the instrument which you have seen in your book practical you can work it out with it, very much help full for higher studies, now i am feeling good, i am seeing all in pratical very much help full for me when i do my PHD, Best of luck friends
9th October 2010, 01:27 PM
Sanjiv sharma

Dear friend
Work experience is very necessary in these for getting a good job in private as well as public sector. If you intends to get job multi-national companies or limited companies ,they will ask you first you work experience.So if you wants to get job in renowned companies,try to accumulate more work experience.
Good luck
9th October 2010, 06:58 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
definitely experience places an very major role in getting job,if you are not placed in campus,
companies prefer to employ employees who have first hand knowledge of the job and they don't have to invest in training,
as for as the teaching job is concerned there the experience does have some role but much importance is given to our qualifying degree
all the best
9th October 2010, 07:58 PM
Rupender verma

In teaching jobs as well as in companies experienced ones get more preference as compared to unexperienced . each reputed company offer experienced candidates but some companies too prefer latest ones. it varies depending on companies &talent
9th October 2010, 08:25 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by prpandya.4 View Post
Is it so that 2010 B.E.(E.C) passed out faces difficulty in getting jobs in 2011 if he/she has no work experience in 2010?
If I want to work further in some reputed company then do they give preference to 2010 B.E. passed out in 2011?
and also how does this situation affect a teaching job as well as a company job?
Please give me information about this....
thanks....
dear friend
companies prefer to give jobs to freshers and the one who is having some work experience. For a person like you, who have not done job for a year after completing your studies, it becomes difficult to get job. But if you satisfy the interviewers with your attitude and presence of mind, you will surely get a good job
11th October 2010, 02:32 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Reputed companies prefer either fresher’s or those with work experience. You need to have a valid reason for what you did an entire year. Doing some course during that period is ok, provided you do have a certificate for that. Don’t think of reputed companies now. A small company can also give you work experience and that counts too. If you like teaching, do your post graduation. People with a pg degree are preferred for teaching professions.
21st October 2010, 07:38 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Question Re: Does work experience make a big difference in getting jobs after B.tech?

work experiance make a difference but not big as it create problem while you are starting your career . and i want to tell you that it is not only in b.tech but in every field experiance is given more importance. but if you are talented then no anyone can do anything. lets hope for the best
20th December 2010, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

i am B. tech graduate in 2007. And in in teaching field sience last 3 year . can now i get job in software company ??
12th January 2011, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

i am b.tech graduate in 2007. can now i get jobs any one pls rply any jobs details and give me goog suggestion pls send
1st May 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

I am kabita from bbsr.My question is how can i join in a .NET company as a fresher.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?