10th January 2018, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Education required to study LLB to be an Advocate?

I have completed my 12th standard in 2016 my stream was non medical and scored 66%. My age is 20, so can I do study Law means LLB to be an Advocate after 12th?

11th January 2018, 05:59 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Education required to study LLB to be an Advocate?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in LLB course after 12th.

The required eligibility to get admission in LLB course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no age limit to get admission in course.

But, you are eligible to get admission in B.A LLB course on the basis of present qualification ( 12th std ). Entrance examination to get admission in B.A LLB course is CLAT, BHU LAT etc.
11th January 2018, 08:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB refers to Bachelor of legislative law and as the same suggests same is professional bachelor degree course after pursuing which one heads towards becoming an advocate.

--> Based on the duration of course and minimum educational requirement, LLB courses are of two types which are as discussed below :-

I) LLB course of five years for which the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with at least 45% marks ( or 50% in some cases ) from a recognized board.

II) LLB course of three years for which the minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So it is quite evident from above facts that having completed your Class 12th with 66% marks in medical stream i.e; Class 12th with PCB group you are certainly eligible for pursuing LLB course of five years.
12th January 2018, 12:48 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.A LLB course but not in LLB course.

B.A LLB is five year duration course and LLB is three year duration course but for pursuing LLB course you need to have bachelor degree.

So, if you want to pursue LLB course you have to first pursue bachelor degree.
12th January 2018, 10:03 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

As far as you are concerned about the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing LLB ( Bachelor of Legislative Law ) degree course of five years then it is Class 12th in any stream with at least 45% marks ( in case of some universities 50% ) from a recognized board where as same for pursuing LLB degree course of three years is a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university.

So having completed your Class 12th in medical stream with 66% marks you are definitely eligible for pursuing LLB degree course of five years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?