19th January 2011, 12:29 PM
vss

Eligibility to appear for IAS this year after B.Tech (Computer Science)?

Hi, I am looking forward to appear in IES examination this year. I am a graduate in computer science engineering. Am I eligible to appear? Please reply soon.

19th January 2011, 06:12 PM
abhimanyu2688

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for IAS this year after B.Tech (Computer Science)?

you are eligible for UPSC ias exam and also for indian engineering service exam as a Educational Qualifications for ies are:
Degree in Engineering or equivalent. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless
Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special
subject also acceptable for certain posts.
for detail refer to www.upsc.gov.in
19th January 2011, 06:57 PM
Tushar93

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for IAS this year after B.Tech (Computer Science)?

Yes you are eligible to apply for IAS or Civil services exam as long as you are 21-30 years old and the institute from where you have graduated is recognized by the govt. For further details check the website www.upsc.gov.in
19th January 2011, 06:58 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vss View Post
Hi, I am looking forward to appear in IES examination this year. I am a graduate in computer science engineering. Am I eligible to appear? Please reply soon.
yes, you are eligible for the exam. for ias exam, the minimum eligibility qualification is graduation in any field with atleast 60% marks. at the time of filling the form, you will have to fill computer as your extra subject
19th January 2011, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

hiii i am also doing b tech in computer science......................bye
sorry 4 waisting ur time
19th January 2011, 11:09 PM
Harshita21

yes dear you are leigible

As Eligibility criteria is

Bachelor in any stream

age limit : 17-30 years

you are eligible for it

best of luck
19th January 2011, 11:14 PM
amahajan

Smile Re: Eligibility to appear for IAS this year after B.Tech (Computer Science)?

Hello
Yes you can apply for the IES exam.

IES Exam Eligibility:
Age Eligibility:
You need to be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August, 2011.
Age relaxations exist as per Govt. rules.

Academic Eligibility:
You must be a graduate in Engineering from a recognized university.
Even Final year students can also appear in IES exam, provided he/she can provide the proof of passing the exam when IES exam (Written) result comes out, which is around December 2011.
19th January 2011, 11:44 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
IAS only want to be graduate
if u had cleared ur btech then u r eligible for it
20th January 2011, 12:02 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend.

yes.your eligible apply the I.A.S exam.You must be a graduate in Engineering

from a recognized university.Even Final year students can also appear in IES

exam, provided you can provide the proof of passing the exam when IES

exam (Written) result comes out, which is around December 2011.

more details search the official websites..........
16th February 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

which subject is required for civil service of cse b.tech ?
23rd February 2011, 04:22 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I am looking forward to appear in IES examination this year. I am a graduate in computer science engineering 3rd year student. Am I eligible to appear?
what are the subject mainly focousing for qualify ies exam.Please reply soon
27th February 2011, 09:38 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible.....
Eligibility conditions:
Age limits: Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st August, 2011
The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the notice
Educational qualifications: Degree of a recognized university or an equivalent qualification
Physical standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the regulations given in the appendix-III of rules for the civil services examination, 2011 published in the gazette of India extraordinary dated 19th February, 2011
Number of attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible, will be as follows
General category (04); P.H. candidates belonging to general category (07); OBC (07); SC/ST/ (no limit)

For complete details
http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th March 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

hey i want to appear in IAS this year but my b.tech is going to be completed on next year....is there any waiting list for such candidates if they qualifiy the test.....
14th March 2011, 09:03 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Indian Engineering Service (IES) exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.
The minimum academic qualification for IES exam is degree in the engineering & technology in the branch of Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical. The Computer Science and IT branch are not eligible for IES exam.
If you have a degree in the Computer Science & engineering then you are not eligible for IES exam. If you want to get more information then please see the official website of UPSC.
16th March 2011, 05:39 PM
shahul1423

you should complete your graduation degree from any branch.minimum age should be 21years(completed).as a computer science student you cannot opt it as your optional subject because ity is not available in upsc subjects.
17th March 2011, 12:42 PM
shahul1423

you are eligible for ias examination.but you cannot take computer as your optionals,because it is not available in upsc subjects.you can take general subjects like public administration,sociology,history,psycology,geograp hy.
13th June 2011, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

can i appear for ias,ies after completing my BE. (ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC)?
14th August 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am 3rd year civil engineering student. My date of birth is 12-12-1991. Am I eligilble person for applyng 2012 IES exam.Please reply me.
THANK YOU.
15th August 2011, 01:12 AM
Harshita21

Eligiblity for IAS Exam

Educational :

- Bachelor degree from any discipline including engineering from a recognized.
university

Age limit :
- 21 tp 30 years for general
- 21 to 33 years for OBC
- 21 to 35 years for ST/SC
16th August 2011, 03:57 PM
Tushar93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am 3rd year civil engineering student. My date of birth is 12-12-1991. Am I eligilble person for applyng 2012 IES exam.Please reply me.
THANK YOU.
Hello Friend,

You are eligible to give examination as age limit is 21 to 30 yrs for both civil services as well as engineering services.
For your case if you can get the BTech degree before the completion of entire round of examination then there is some use of applying.
So I suggest you to first complete 3rd year and apply in 4th year. Meanwhile you can prepare for the same exam.

Best Of Luck
18th September 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b.tech from i.t. branch can i apply for upcs exams ???
is there any need of special qualification even after doing b.tech?
21st December 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: Eligibility to appear for IAS this year after B.Tech (Computer Science)?

Quote:
Pls let me know whether computer science and IT Engineers can appear in Indian Engineering Services. Awaiting your early response. pls.
15th April 2014, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
No you are not allowed to give exam of IES.
this exam is eligible to Civil, Electronics and Mechanical students only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?