25th April 2018, 02:27 AM
Chitrani M

Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET at 30 years of age being LLM aspirant?

Sir/Madam, I planning to get admission in LLM this year. So it will be two year course. Now I am 28 years of age so after two years I will be 30. Kindly inform me that will I get the chance to appear in the UGC-NET exam or not at 30 years of age?

15th May 2018, 11:27 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET at 30 years of age being LLM aspirant?

The full form of UGC NET is University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. It is now conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

The eligibility criteria for NET exam:

1. Master's degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum of 55% marks.

2. There is no upper age limit for lectureship but it is 28 years for JRF.

At age of 30 years, you can apply for NET for Lectureship.
15th May 2018, 03:56 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET at 30 years of age being LLM aspirant?

The acronym UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. On behalf of UGC, CBSE conducts this exam twice every year.

Eligibility criteria for UGC NET exam is:

Academic qualification: Minimum academic qualification of master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

You should have at least 55% marks in master's degree to apply for UGC NET exam.

There is no upper age limit to apply for UGC NET exam. In case of Junior Research Fellowship, upper age limit is 28 years.
15th May 2018, 06:20 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. NET is conducted by CBSE for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. The academic qualification required for this exam is that you must have done post graduation. In post graduation, minimum percentage of marks required is 55% marks.

There is no upper age limit for lectureship but it is 28 years for JRF. In final year of LLM course, you can apply for UGC NET exam.
15th May 2018, 06:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test:

Post graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

Minimum of 55% marks required to apply for UGC NET exam.

No upper age limit for lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?